Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Will Rich Chinese Clubs Ruin Your FMM Experience?

BatiGoal

Players Making Money-Moves To Smaller Teams  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you worried about your FMM experience regarding Chinese Clubs' global spending spree?

A simple question and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

A list of some of the higher profile players who've made a move to the Chinese Super League.

• Renato Augusto (ex Leverkusen and Corinthians) -> Beijing Guo'an
  • Burak Yilmaz (ex Trabzonspor and Galatasaray) -> Beijing Guo'an
  • Paulinho (ex Corinthians and Tottenham Hotspur) -> Guangzhou
  • Jackson Martinez (ex FC Porto and Atletico Madrid) -> Guangzhou
  • Stephane Mbia (ex QPR and FC Sevilla) -> Huaxia Xingfu
  • Ezequiel Lavezzi (ex Napoli and Paris St. Germain) -> Huaxia Xingfu
  • Ramires (ex Benfica and Chelsea) -> Jiangsu Suning
  • Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk) -> Jiangsu Suning
  • Graziano Pelle (ex Feyenoord and Southampton) -> Shandong Luneng
  • Asamoah Gyan (ex Sunderland) -> Shanggang
  • Hulk (ex FC Porto and Zenit St. Petersburg) -> Shanggang
  • Fredy Guarin (ex FC Porto and Internazionale) -> Shanghai Shenhua
  • Obafemi Martins (ex Inter, Newcastle and Wolfsburg) -> Shanghai Shenhua
  • Tevez (ex West Ham, Man Utd, Man City, Juve, Boca) -> Shanghai Shenhua
  • Oscar (ex Sao Paulo, Internacional, Chelsea) -> Shanghai SIPG)
  • John Obi Mikel (ex Lyn and Chelsea) -> Tianjin Teda
  • Luis Fabiano (ex FC Sevilla and Sporting Por.) -> Tianjin Quanjian
  • Axel Witsel (ex Benfica and Zenit St. Petersbutg) -> Tianjin Quanjin
  • who is next??

Are you worried that your players at your favourite teams will be leaving to an (for now unplayable) Chinese league? Worried perhaps the influence of these so called "Superrich" teams will be much more powerful in future FMM series? And in the process ruin your experience by buying your star players against your wishes? Or do you applaud it if it would, making the game 'better' by adding such realistic elements? Any concerns at all?

36 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Perhaps this means that next year we'll have the Chinese league available or at least their national team.

I thought the MLS would pick up the majority of these players which would've been great for the country's future in terms of talent development, general exposure etc.well....until China came along. I guess  they have their own plans for the future as well.

31 minutes ago, HenryRen said:

Haha you can buy those players at a low price, but the salary might be a little bit high.

True.

Actually Jiangsu bought Bruma from Galatasaray (8m), and Shandong spending altogether 8.5m, buying three players during winter transfer window when I'm coaching QPR. But Moreno left from Shenhua. So maybe there is an impact.

Nah not concerned, if the Chinese League has any sense they'll put restrictions on number of foreigners (or non-Asians) that can play for Chinese clubs so that the clubs invest in infrastructure rather than overpriced players.

Well it seems they did have restrictions on the number of foreigners and they just reduced it to only 3 foreigners allowed to play on game day. Apparently, this will scupper some of the current proposed transfers.

And I read this article today on a Englishman who qualifies as a Chinese player under Hong Kong citizenship. Fascinating. 

Spells at Bristol Manor Farm, Shortwood Town and Pucklechurch Sports all came before his move to the Far East.

"As far as my football career in England goes there was never really anything there," he tells Newsbeat.

"I played for my university team and just dabbled in local football when I could."

And he is good enough to make it there as a local player.

I'd think it would be great to be able to play the Chinese league in FMM: Crazy budgets, able to tempt some (but not all) top players, then fielding a team with 3 true stars and 8 very low level players. Wow. Hope this gets included next year...

I've read that article as well. It's madness..or was perhaps..and I think finding the right balance in the squad in terms of veterans, talents, age etc is the way to go. But there's a whole lot outside influences that can disrupt that balance. Think salaries etc.

If it does come to FMM with the restrictions in place, awesome! Would make for great new experiences and challenges.

40 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I've read that article as well. It's madness..or was perhaps..and I think finding the right balance in the squad in terms of veterans, talents, age etc is the way to go. But there's a whole lot outside influences that can disrupt that balance. Think salaries etc.

If it does come to FMM with the restrictions in place, awesome! Would make for great new experiences and challenges.

I don't think FMM even FM can simulate the rule and behavior of SCL. In current FM17, the foreign player rules is not corrected.

Edited by rseven
1 hour ago, rseven said:

I don't think FMM even FM can simulate the rule and behavior of SCL. In current FM17, the foreign player rules is not corrected.

Agree, it'll be very difficult to accurately reflect reality.

From my experience in FMM so far, a source of decent money, I'm selling sub-1m players for 3m. Also I'm stealing star players when they run out of contract, then selling them off the same window.

19 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yeah, I think it would be such a challenge to make it work. So much could go wrong. That's why I want to play it! :)

18 hours ago, rseven said:

I haven't played full FM in many years and I'm not up with all the leagues out (apart from England and Scotland), so not sure if anyone else already has a rule like this at the moment, but I remember almost this exact scenario in some of the early CM versions, when England used to have a similar rule. I guess they can dig up the old code and use that! :)

Of course they'd have to code it again, but I'm sure they could create if they want to.