Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taff Attempts the WWT (Wine World Tour)

Taff

So after seeing @Real_Random attempt this I also fancied a go so I loaded my chosen leagues Australia, Italy, France and Portugal

So starting in Australia I needed a team and with absouluty no knowlenge of the teams, players etc I decided that since a close friend of mine had moved to Melbourne a few years back it's seemed only right to go with them (then realised there are two teams in Melbourne) so I took a quick gander at the squads before settling on....

Melbourne FC.png

Melbourne City and after a quick check on the squad I found a young Australian Striker to get me my 100 goals

IMG_9694.PNGIMG_9744 - Copy (2).JPG

This young buck is Braedyn Crowley and his stats are nothing to write home about but 15 shooting and decisions means he's my only real option for the job (although his stamina is something to be concerned about so i stuck him on Fitness training straight away)

So our team and striker are chosen lets crack on with seasons 1-3

Season 1

IMG_9693.PNG

So with next to no money available I went straight to the free agents market to try and find some players who could give the squad a boost

IMG_9735.PNG

Only three signings and all free agents:

Diakite was a very decent CD who could boss the back line, Carr and Ferreira were excellent options who could play across the defence and midfield where needed

So not used to the league set up our first competative game was in the FFA cup against some lower ranked team so i put the squad together set the tactic and off we went..

IMG_9695.PNG

Crowley netting 3 in the opening game and I jump for joy thinking this will be a cake walk

Well I was a bit over optimistic but we did have a great first season

IMG_9723.PNGIMG_9722.PNG 

We go on to win the FFA cup...

and the league (Australia has a regular season and a league finals so when I saw this)

IMG_9727.PNGIMG_9725.PNG

I thought great we've won the league, but then I check our fixtures and were playing in the league semi finals but I went with it and two games later we get this message

IMG_9727.PNGIMG_9726.PNG

A brace from Crowley seals the league for certain this time

Here's the full season fixture list

IMG_9728.PNGIMG_9729.PNGIMG_9730.PNGIMG_9731.PNGIMG_9732.PNG 

Not to bad but struggled with losses and draws early on but thankfully found some good form at the end of the season

Braedyn Crowley

So how did the main man do in our first season together, well he had a great start

IMG_9720.PNG

Netting in his first 13 games but then his form dipped and then this happens

IMG_9721.PNG

So we lost him for two months and by the time he came back the season was wrapping up but he did OK

IMG_9733.PNGIMG_9734.PNG

Some slight improvement in his stats and he managed to score 26 in 25 so pretty decent but a slower start than I was hoping (how the hell @Real_Random got off to such a flyer I'll never know)

So we push on to season 2 and hope to put a much bigger dent in the total

Season 2

Onto our second season at Melbourne City and we have a little bit more to spend this season so I go out and splurge...

IMG_9753.PNG

My three sigings all proved valuable assents to the team especially the young Belgian Trompet who worked his socks off all season in the midfield, Augusto was a winger brought in to add width while Kamari was a great RB/LB option.  Then came three more free agents, a new GK in Ben Chrifia, a CD in Poscoliero and a good AP option in Austin then just a few graduates to help depth

IMG_9754.PNG 

Lots of older players going out along with the graduates who failed to make the cut

So we crack on with the season and go to have a longer season thanks to our inclusion in the Asian Champions League

IMG_9737.PNGIMG_9736.PNG

We start by retaining the FFA cup thanks to my two strikers

IMG_9743.PNG

We finish the regular season top of the table and once again move on to the League finals

IMG_9746.PNGIMG_9745.PNG

Where we go on to beat Perth and claim our second league title

here's the full season fixture list

IMG_9747.PNGIMG_9748.PNGIMG_9749.PNGIMG_9750.PNGIMG_9752.PNG

A bad spell in NOV/DEC but we play our way through, also making it out of the group stages and into the quarter finals of the Asian Champions league (which runs into next season, I'm so confused)

Braedyn Crowley

So hopping to keep Crowley fit and scoring this year how did he do..

Well he stayed fit with no major injuries and played more games...

IMG_9755.PNGIMG_9756.PNG

But only netted 12 more goals in 16 extra games but that's OK, that leaves us with 36 left to get and hopefully another season and we can move on from Australia

Season 3

Well after two great seasons winning the FFA cup and League twice I was suddenly in demand

Spoiler

IMG_9765.PNGIMG_9766.PNGIMG_9771.PNGIMG_9773.PNGIMG_9774.PNG

Plenty of job offers rolling in over the year, but I still had a job to do...

So I had very limited funds this year after having to offer pretty much 3/4 of the squad new contracts so it was back into the free agent pool

IMG_9775.PNG

Ibini was brought in as a backup striker and Cobo as a replacement LB, the rest more graduates to fill the ranks 

IMG_9776.PNG

Just more of the OLD!!!!!!!!! guard going out the door

So as said earlier the Asian Champions League crosses over into this season and we ended last season making it through to the quarter finals, and we continued our good run all the way to the Final(s) (over two legs)

IMG_9762.PNGIMG_9761.PNG

We go on to win the final 5-1 over the two legs and add yet another bit of impressive silverwear to the Melbourne City trophy case, but this also meant we were entered into the Club World Championship, where we cruised through the semi finals and faced a Chievo side who had managed to knock out European Champions Roma so I wasn't counting our chickens but...

IMG_9764.PNGIMG_9763.PNG

We take our chances and walk away as World Club Champions

Back home we also complete another double

IMG_9768.PNGIMG_9767.PNG

Taking care of business in the FFA cup and finish top of the league, but there's no screen shots as I was not present at the finals

Here's the fixture list

IMG_9777.PNGIMG_9778.PNGIMG_9779.PNGIMG_9780.PNGIMG_9781.PNGIMG_9782.PNG

This is where my time with Melbourne City ends as in the Semi Finals Crowley scores that all important 36th goal and completes his 100 (it was touch and go as his good form got him called up to the National side and he missed around 8 games almost costing us) 

So I hand in my resignation and start looking overseas for a new job

IMG_9785.PNG

Braedyn Crowley

Just to prove that he did indeed finish 

IMG_9783.PNGIMG_9784.PNG

Exactly 100 goals so thank you Crowley but it's time I moved on

See you on the Flip Side

Edited by Taff

Solid start man, stage 1 completed, bring on Europe! Can't wait to see the rest, team- and player-wise. That's the fun part for us readers seeing what teams and players are presented next :)

1 minute ago, Gonzolito said:

Congrats for the beginning ! Like BG, eager to see which team will pick you, or which team you'll pick ;-)

27 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Solid start man, stage 1 completed, bring on Europe! Can't wait to see the rest, team- and player-wise. That's the fun part for us readers seeing what teams and players are presented next :)

Cheers for the support guys hopefully I can get a bit more done now that I'm back in Europe 

I think I'll stick to the format and complete each leg before posting an update, rather than updating each season 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Fantastic start :) 

Cheers dude, but I'm just glad this isn't a H2H otherwise @Real_Random would be slaughtering me

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Great start mate any particular country you aim to tackle next?

I've already moved as I've lost so much time I just applied for any (decent) jobs there were and I lucked out I'll update asap

Great start mate. Can't wait to see your time in Europe. Very interesting player choice, I personally would've gone with a bigger name but fantastic job nonetheless.KIU. Also Maclaren in real life was the top scoring Australian last year which might be why he scores so much in game.

Edited by Real_Random

I just didn't have the budget to bring anyone else in and I didn't want to waste to much time researching the other teams with Australian Strikers although the lad i brought in on a free transfer "Ibini" was a great looking striker who's loaned out by Sydney in the first season, but If i had a chance he would have been a better choice as he was killing it every time Crowley went on INT duties

12 minutes ago, Taff said:

I just didn't have the budget to bring anyone else in and I didn't want to waste to much time researching the other teams with Australian Strikers although the lad i brought in on a free transfer "Ibini" was a great looking striker who's loaned out by Sydney in the first season, but If i had a chance he would have been a better choice as he was killing it every time Crowley went on INT duties

Bernie Ibini, the striker we used for our FMHVibe International Goals Challenge few years ago, was a really nice striker back then, nice memories. Great going as well, KIU.

1 hour ago, Kun Aguero said:

Bernie Ibini, the striker we used for our FMHVibe International Goals Challenge few years ago, was a really nice striker back then, nice memories. Great going as well, KIU.

Oh yes, remember following that one. Ibini. Catchy name. Where has the time gone? :O

9 hours ago, Taff said:

Fair enough, that is actually the reason I chose Brisbane because they had a nice combo of wage and transfer, unfortunately Melbourne City don't have much transfer budget due to Tim Cahill who takes 39 000 a week and you can't shift him so he ends up taking up all your money. Btw you did a great job with an unknown striker. I had personally never heard of him and he is nowhere near the Melbourne City first team irl. I agree that it is so hard to buy players in the A-League but sometimes I think it is rigged like that because irl A-League teams can only sign free agents. Ibini would've been a fantastic choice unfortunately you probably couldn't have afforded the transfer fee but could've paid his wage easily. Keep up the great work 

14 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Fair enough, that is actually the reason I chose Brisbane because they had a nice combo of wage and transfer, unfortunately Melbourne City don't have much transfer budget due to Tim Cahill who takes 39 000 a week and you can't shift him so he ends up taking up all your money. Btw you did a great job with an unknown striker. I had personally never heard of him and he is nowhere near the Melbourne City first team irl. I agree that it is so hard to buy players in the A-League but sometimes I think it is rigged like that because irl A-League teams can only sign free agents. Ibini would've been a fantastic choice unfortunately you probably couldn't have afforded the transfer fee but could've paid his wage easily. Keep up the great work 

Cheers dude, I did OK took a bit to long for my liking but I got through and have also completed my next leg which I will be posting shortly 

Hi guys and I'm back with the completed update of my next leg in the WWT challenge so without further ado lets move on.

So I had completed the Australian leg of the journey nearing the end of the season and had the chance to jump straight into a team in one of my chosen leagues, so I took the plunge and found myself....

napoli.jpg

IMG_9787.PNG

In Italy and joined the mighty Napoli to continue my journey, I joined with one game to go in the regular season so I simply waited till the new season started and dove straight in.

Searching thorugh my squad I found myself a good looking Italian striker and decided to stick with him rather than go trolling through the transfer markets, and the chosen striker is none other than (pause for effect)

manolo.jpgIMG_9788.PNG

Manolo Gabbidini (That's right I'd never heard of him either) but he has some decent looking stats and greens in Shooting, Movement and Stamina were all I needed to see, so with my striker already in the team and a very handsome transfer budget from the board I decided to go and bring in some players for squad improvement, as most of the team were either really young or really old

IMG_9795.PNG

And boy I went big spending almost £140M, but they all played their parts well (except Consigli who was just a half decent young GK prospect)

IMG_9796.PNG

Hysaj was a half decent RB but i had brought in Henrichs who was way better so when I got offered almost £30M I took it, the rest were older players out of contract or graduates I deemed not useful 

So with our transfer business done and our striker ready we get the season underway. 

Season 4

Into our first season and I told the board we would claim a Euro Cup spot (wasn't sure how we would fare agaisnt the Italian Giants of Juventus, Inter, AC Milan or Roma but we did OK

IMG_9789.PNGIMG_9790.PNG

We go on to win the Seria A and with a nice 9 point cushion and a very decent GF/GA ratio too

Then the season got even better

IMG_9794.PNGIMG_9793.PNG

We make it all the way to the Italian Cup Final and thanks to a single goal in the first minute of the game we take that home as well

Here's the full season fixtures

IMG_9797.PNGIMG_9798.PNGIMG_9799.PNGIMG_9800.PNGIMG_9801.PNGIMG_9802.PNG

A pretty solid season all things considered

Now the main focus is how well the striker did

IMG_9791.PNG

Some improvements in his stats with greens now in Crossing, Dribbling and Decisions but his Stamina has dropped a point, but how did he do

IMG_9792.PNG

50 goals in 44 games, again no where near @Real_Random but a good start 1/2 way there

Now onto season 5 and hopefully he can grab the remaining 50

Season 5

So straight in I didn't get that many screen shots this season, but I'll share what I have

We start the season off with a bang

IMG_9806.PNGIMG_9805.PNG

Maybe bang is a strong word but we beat Lazio once again and claim the Italian Supercup this time thanks to an very late extra time winner courtesy of Insigne

We then go on to claim our second league title 

IMG_9811.PNGIMG_9812.PNG

Winning with 6 games to go and another solid season at either end of the pitch scoring 85 and only conceding 16

We also had Champions League football this year, we start in the groups where we are drawn against some big names in Barcelona and SLB and then Celtic (sorry to any Celtic fans)

IMG_9810.PNG

Unfortunately we then draw Real Madrid in the first round, we were confident having beaten Barcelona twice during the group stages but we weren't good enough

IMG_9809.PNG

Lost out after loosing the first leg 3-2 and being unable to grab a second goal at home

But we ploughed on and.....

IMG_9814.PNG

Gabbiadini grabs his 100th goal and ends my time in Itlay (hence the shortage of screen shots), here's how his stats look at the end of the second season

IMG_9813.PNG

Pretty much the same except for an improvement in his technique 

He did OK though

IMG_9808.PNG

Claiming the WPOTY so not all bad

I play 2-3 more games while I wait for a Job in either France or Portugal but then one comes up I apply, I get accepted and I go

So that's two portions down but it's taken way too long, 5 seasons so I really need to pick up the pace

See you on the flip side

Edited by Taff

I'm loving this challenge. I really like seeing players I've not really heard of before.

Good working doing Italy in 2 seasons, would have been frustrating to go over a season and get the 100 a few games in. Now you can do a full preseason with your next team and hit the ground running!

5 minutes ago, Joewins said:

I'm loving this challenge. I really like seeing players I've not really heard of before.

Good working doing Italy in 2 seasons, would have been frustrating to go over a season and get the 100 a few games in. Now you can do a full preseason with your next team and hit the ground running!

I was a bit on edge towards the end as he went a few games without scoring and I thought I might have to run onto next season but having the European games helped a lot

Wow, doing it in Italy in just two season is crazy ! Congrats ! I think I've never reached 50 goals in a single season with a single player except with Barbosa in FMH16 ^^

I just started this challenge on my own, but well, I'm not as fast as you guys can be. No offense, but atm Australian wine tastes bitter to me ><

7 minutes ago, Gonzolito said:

Wow, doing it in Italy in just two season is crazy ! Congrats ! I think I've never reached 50 goals in a single season with a single player except with Barbosa in FMH16 ^^

I just started this challenge on my own, but well, I'm not as fast as you guys can be. No offense, but atm Australian wine tastes bitter to me ><

Trust me dude it is worth the bitterness to get to the sweet taste of victory, Australia was always going to be the tough one as very few (apart form @Real_Random) have any knowledge of the league, but this challenge and the one buy @liam1872 are great because it makes people step out of their comfort zones to try something new, rather than the same old top leagues/teams

You're speeding through this challenge. Great work doing it in 2 seasons. That's kind of the aim but by no means an easy feat. Looking forward to the next wine country :)

47 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You're speeding through this challenge. Great work doing it in 2 seasons. That's kind of the aim but by no means an easy feat. Looking forward to the next wine country :)

Cheers dude, I was lucky just can't seem to hit those high numbers but I'm happy with the progress so far

16 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Just caught up mate. You did a fantastic job. I can't wait to see your next season. KIU

Cheers RR I've actually already completed my third country and am working on my 4th but will have to wait till Wednesday to post as my computers down and I find it takes forever to update from my phone but hopefully I'll have the whole thing wrapped up by then 

Hi guys were back and have a complete run down of our third wine country for you so lets crack on

We left off finishing our time in Italy and have received a job offer which we gladly accept 

IMG_9815.PNGIMG_9816.PNG

I'm proud to now lend my managerial skills to Olympique de Marseilles

Season 6

OM.jpg 

So we join OM at the end of the regular season and decide to just wait for the fresh season to start, I have a scroll through the squad but don't find anyone really suited to the role of "wine guide" so for the first time we hit the transfer market looking for a local guide, and with my £10M restriction I struggle but decide on a young striker who could prove to be an excellent (or terrible) addition

IMG_9818.PNG

Claude Bourouina (Looking at his history I believe he's a regen), but some good stats, especially his 18 pace makes him a good option, so with my striker in place we begin our tour of France

IMG_9827.PNG

We start by bringing some much needed depth to the squad, specifically to the midfield where they seem very short on players, so Donsah and Meli come in as my new starting pair and a load of free options (Ronaldo was a bit of a mistake as he ended up playing all of one game for us) but the rest fit in nicely

IMG_9828.PNG

Baston was let go to give me some much needed capital and Rolando was just an older player who was let go to free up some wage budget 

Then we as a newly formed unit decent on France like the plague of biblical locust

IMG_9821.PNGIMG_9822.PNG

We begin by winning the Coupe de la Ligue Cup thanks to a 2-1 victory over Nice

IMG_9824.PNG

We smash our way the the Ligue 1 title leaving PSG 14 points in our dust

IMG_9826.PNGIMG_9825.PNG

And a Bourouina brace helps us to beat Bordeaux and claim the French Cup

So a cracking domestic treble this year, no European competition this year thanks to OM finishing 8th last season

Here's the full season fixture list

IMG_9829.PNGIMG_9830.PNGIMG_9831.PNGIMG_9832.PNGIMG_9833.PNGIMG_9834.PNG

Some good strong results, beating PSG over both games was a highlight 

We also manage a few end of season awards

IMG_9837.PNG

Bourouina claims the French POTY

IMG_9838.PNG

Defrel my young CD claims the YPOTY 

IMG_9839.PNG

But even after a domestic treble and getting OM from 8th to 1st wasn't enough for me to claim the MOTY (what a joke the PSG manager who won nothing gets the title instead)

Onto our little guide and how he did this year

IMG_9835.PNG

Some nice improvements in his stats especially his shooting and movement, but how did he do goal wise

IMG_9836.PNG

Finishes the season with a very respectable 48 goals from 48 games (could be better but it's a good start)

So lets crack on

Season 7

So we start the season with Bourouina needing to net 52 goals so I look to the transfer market to improve the squad

IMG_9855.PNG

Thomsen was brought in top help out the midfield, Bargfrede, Palmieri and Akpoguma were all brought in to strengthen the defence and Fuentes was a good addition to the Wingers, the rest just decent graduates

IMG_9856.PNG

Only unwanted graduates leaving this year

So onto the season and hopefully the 52 goals required

IMG_9841.PNGIMG_9840.PNG

We begin the season by taking PSG to penalties and winning the Trophee des Champions 

IMG_9842.PNG

We have to turn down a few Job offers (look at the transfer budget their offering what a shame)

IMG_9846.PNG

We have a great time in the UCL group stage winning all 6 games, but as our curse seems to continue we are unable to proceed any further than the first round of the knockout stage

IMG_9845.PNG

This time we draw Bayern and are no match for them after loosing the first leg 2-4 and the second 0-1 so we once again crash out of Europe

So back to France to concentrate on the domestic area of the game

Unfortuanlty we are knocked out of the Coupe de la Ligue in the forth round by Lyon but do have some success this year

IMG_9848.PNGIMG_9849.PNG

We once again claim the Ligue 1 title once again leaving PSG in our dust (really similar table to last season)

IMG_9852.PNGIMG_9851.PNG

We also go on to claim our second French Cup

The season fixture list

IMG_9857.PNGIMG_9858.PNGIMG_9859.PNGIMG_9860.PNGIMG_9861.PNGIMG_9862.PNGIMG_9863.PNG 

Another solid season, shame about the UCL and the Coupe de la Ligue but still happy with the season as a whole

We have a few more end of season awards 

IMG_9853.PNG

Bourouina claims his second POTY

IMG_9854.PNG

My backup CF (who played most of the season in the AM role) secures the YPOTY, its a shame as I almost used this guy as my guide but his stats didn't look to good, after this season he looks the bees knees but ce sera sera 

Now onto Bourouina and hopefully his 52 goals this season

He was going well then the inevitable happened

IMG_9843.PNG

Out for a month just as he's starting to get his groove so we play 5 weeks without him and once he's back in the team I expect him to take a while to come back, oh how wrong I was 

IMG_9844.PNG

13 goals in 5 games what a return to form that is

IMG_9847.PNG

He managed to keep it up for most of the season however

IMG_9850.PNG

He went in to the French Cup Final needing 2 goals and as you've already seen he only managed the one, which means i have to finish the season with him needing 1 more goal (how annoying)

so let's hope he can grab one early and leave me with enough time to move on early next season

until then

Wow, going great, but such a shame he didn't get that last goal that he needs! A proper preseason at the next club would have been ideal. Still, you're doing a great job and can't wait to see where you end up once he knocks of that last goal. 

34 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Wow, going great, but such a shame he didn't get that last goal that he needs! A proper preseason at the next club would have been ideal. Still, you're doing a great job and can't wait to see where you end up once he knocks of that last goal. 

Cheers dude, I'm almost done with the challenge but I'll update once finished

Great job mate. Nice looking striker and unlucky with the one goal remaining, I'm in a similar predicament where I need 7 goals with El Shaawary and now I am just waiting for a job to pop up. KIU

Season 8

So we left off still at OM and Bourouina needing just one more goal to allow me to move on to Portugal

I have to wait until the 12th of August for the teams first competitive game the Trophee des Champions against PSG

IMG_9874.PNGIMG_9873.PNG

He manages to grab 2 and finishes my time in France claiming the Trophee des Champions for OM in the process

IMG_9875.PNGIMG_9876.PNG

So as soon as the game is over I resign and start looking for a job In Portugal but there are none, until someone jumps ship to take the vacant job at Inter which frees up the job at

SLB.png

IMG_9917.PNG

I land one of the most coveted jobs in the Portuguese league, however the job swaps took so long I didn't take the reigns until the 3rd of September which means I've missed out on the transfer market.  I had a look through the squad but found no local strikers so I checked the other areas and found an AM player who could play upfront with some very decent stats (even if his shooting was only 11) forgot to screen shot at the beginning of the season but here's his stats after our first season

IMG_9925.PNG

I present Vitor Domingues (again a regen) very good stats in Dribbling, passing, technique, decisions, movement, pace and stamina so we had our guy in place and cracked on with the season

But I mustn't complain as I inherit a squad that boasts Ousmane Dembele and Martin Odegaard to name a few so lets get going... 

IMG_9918.PNGIMG_9919.PNG

We have a good season winning the League Cup thanks to a brace from Jimenez

IMG_9921.PNG

A decent UCL group stage saw us come second behind Arsenal, but the curse of the First round found us again

IMG_9920.PNG

We manage to keep the scores level over both legs but away goals send us home

IMG_9946.PNGIMG_9924.PNG

A comfortable league campaign saw us loose only 2 games and clear the top with a 14 point gap over FCP

IMG_9928.PNGIMG_9927.PNG

And we end the season with a win in the Taca de Portugal thanks to a 2-0 win over Estoril

There were some transfers made in the January window

IMG_9929.PNG

Again the team had a huge number of Wingers/IF or AM players but seriously lax in defence and midfield so we strengthen those areas with Bernardo and Vlap for midfield and the rest for defence, oh and Burns as a backup GK

IMG_9930.PNG

Raised some capital by getting shot of a few of those attacking players or the older unwanted players

Here's the season fixtures

IMG_9931.PNGIMG_9932.PNGIMG_9933.PNGIMG_9934.PNGIMG_9935.PNGIMG_9936.PNGIMG_9937.PNG

And a few season awards

IMG_9916.PNG

My 1st choice LW/LIF Santos claiming the WPOTY

IMG_9923.PNG

He then comes runner up in the POTY behind my main man Domingues 

and speak of the devil how did he get on this year

IMG_9926.PNG

Only managed 36 goals this season leaving us with the very hefty task of 64 next season

So lets get cracking shall we

Season 9

So straight into it and we get onto the transfer market to boost the squad and hopefully get Domingues those vital 64 goals

IMG_9951.PNG

Lemos was brought in as a new starting CD, Croizet as a backup/partner upfront, Santos was brought in to replace Santos who wanted out, then the remaining three were additions to the midfield 

IMG_9952.PNG

Santos and Cervi wanted out so I showed them the door and made a decent £30+M

We then went on to have a very good season 

IMG_9939.PNGIMG_9938.PNG

We start where we left off beating Estoril to claim the Supertaca

IMG_9942.PNGIMG_9943.PNG

We also claim the League cup for the second year running 

IMG_9946.PNGIMG_9947.PNGIMG_9960.PNG

The league was all wrapped up with 8 games remaining and nearly a clean sweep slipping up once to draw the one game we didn't win, plenty of goals and points and only 8 (that's right 8 goals conceded) and 30 points clear of our nearest rivals 

IMG_9950.PNGIMG_9949.PNG

We then end the season winning the Taca de Portugal for a second time

Once again our time in Europe was ended early

IMG_9940.PNG

We managed (just) to top a very tight group after being bottom after three games it was a great thrill to see the team end the group stage in 1st place, however the curse hit us once again

IMG_9945.PNG

A 92nd minute winner from Joel Campbell saw us once again loose out to away goals

Here's our full season fixtures

IMG_9953.PNGIMG_9954.PNGIMG_9955.PNGIMG_9956.PNGIMG_9957.PNGIMG_9958.PNGIMG_9959.PNG 

Some more end of season awards go our way

IMG_9948.PNG

Domingues claims 1st place in the POTY with Odegaard coming a close 2nd

Still No MOTY for me but I don't know what else to do

So a very good season but was it enough for Domingues

IMG_9961.PNG

His stats still looking impressive (still could have better shooting but hey I'm not picky)

IMG_9962.PNG

A much better season scoring 20 more than last year but it just wasn't enough and he still has 8 goals (grapes) remaining to finish the challenge 

So as much as it pains me we will see you in season 10

Edited by Taff

Season 10

And here we are with just 8 goals remaining I wanted Domingues to come out firing and get them ASAP

We start with the Supertaca game against FCP

IMG_9965.PNGIMG_9964.PNG

We destroy them with a 4-0 win and Domingues nets goal number 93

We then keep playing with Domingues chipping away and then 

IMG_9966.PNG

Goal 100 (and that's 2 for 2 of my challenges this year ending with a penalty)

IMG_9967.PNGIMG_9968.PNG

9 from 9 and It's taken 9 full seasons plus a month and a half

IMG_9969.PNG

A straight forward run of victories to end the challenge 

So I resign from my post but not without checking my trophy case and manager profile first

IMG_9970.PNGIMG_9971.PNG

9 League titles and 18 cups not a bad run

IMG_9972.PNGIMG_9973.PNG

Only 7th best ranked manager but whatever less than 8% loss rate and almost 80% wins 

So there we are Such a shame not to finish sooner but it was a great challenge and one I highly recommend to everyone

Thanks to @BatiGoal for the origional challenge, @Real_Random for getting me in and showing the rest of Vibe how this challenge should be done (if you haven't checked out his WWT attempt then your in for a shock)

and to all the others who have followed me through another TAFF VIBE CAREER 

See you all soon with another thread 

CHEERS GUYS