Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 95 Yard Wonder Goal

Scratch

This just happened:

I've never seen anything quite like it before. I've seen long passes accidentally go in, but this one was on purpose - "Dellal goes for glory!". 95 yards according to the message, although it doesn't seem that long to me. Right into the corner of the net.

What about you guys - have you seen any wonder goals? What's the longest goal you've seen?

Thanks everyone!

@veerus good to see that it's a thing that happens every so often. Pretty amazing when it happens!

@Ashez yeah, he's a DC, I don't let him get out of the half and he's definitely not allowed to take shots. I wondered why he was staying behind after training, must have been practising that. :)

95 yards is crazy, I've had one at 80 yards, a centre back intentional shot against Barcelona deflected off Pique (but was on target before deflection, so it counted)

3 hours ago, le3ky said:

How do you get the recording?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which has this thing called 'Game Tools' included. Part of that is a screen recording function, so I record with that, edit the video using the S7 Gallery app (to trim off start and end), then share it to YouTube... 

I'm not recording every game live - if some interesting happens in the game I save it and then go into the saved game viewer and record it from there...

Taken from Google - The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

So that goal is 105 yards with the player just outside the 6 yard box, the 6 yard box is just under 2 squares with the pitch being 29 squares long, to be over 100 but under 130 each square must be 4 yards? (29x3=87, 29x4=116, 29x5=145). So 105 + 6 = 111 but he's just outside the box so 116 doesn't seem far off. The 18 yard box is also just under 5 squares (5x4=20). The pitch is 19 squares wide so 19x4=76 yards wide. 

Or I'm chatting complete shit :p, I won't pretend I know what I'm doing as I'm just rambling something that makes sense to me :p. 

35 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Taken from Google - The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

So that goal is 105 yards with the player just outside the 6 yard box, the 6 yard box is just under 2 squares with the pitch being 29 squares long, to be over 100 but under 130 each square must be 4 yards? (29x3=87, 29x4=116, 29x5=145). So 105 + 6 = 111 but he's just outside the box so 116 doesn't seem far off. The 18 yard box is also just under 5 squares (5x4=20). The pitch is 19 squares wide so 19x4=76 yards wide. 

Or I'm chatting complete shit :p, I won't pretend I know what I'm doing as I'm just rambling something that makes sense to me :p. 

LOL, not sure I follow all of that! But to me it looks like the 6 yard box is 1.7 squares on the left, as you can see in this pic:

measurements.JPG.7a856b6ab0346256d25e82ec3196d2db.JPG

It's not exact by any means! But if we go with 1.7, then 6 / 1.7 = 3.53y per square. Which makes 29 squares long = 102.3y and 19 squares wide = 67y wide. Which is a regulation pitch, but not long enough for a 105y goal...

If it's 1.6 squares for the 6 yard box, then that's 3.75y per square, which makes it 108y long and 71.25y wide. Maybe closer, but still not long enough for a 105 yard goal... 

So I guess it's not exact? Or more likely, they have a calculation they use, but they've drawn the 6 yard box bigger than it should be because otherwise it looks too small (even if it's correct)? Anyway, nice pick up! 😄

22 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

LOL, not sure I follow all of that! But to me it looks like the 6 yard box is 1.7 squares on the left, as you can see in this pic:

measurements.JPG.7a856b6ab0346256d25e82ec3196d2db.JPG

It's not exact by any means! But if we go with 1.7, then 6 / 1.7 = 3.53y per square. Which makes 29 squares long = 102.3y and 19 squares wide = 67y wide. Which is a regulation pitch, but not long enough for a 105y goal...

If it's 1.6 squares for the 6 yard box, then that's 3.75y per square, which makes it 108y long and 71.25y wide. Maybe closer, but still not long enough for a 105 yard goal... 

So I guess it's not exact? Or more likely, they have a calculation they use, but they've drawn the 6 yard box bigger than it should be because otherwise it looks too small (even if it's correct)? Anyway, nice pick up! 😄

Just googled FM pitch sizes and FMScout have this guide

https://www.fmscout.com/a-pitch-perfect-fm-guide-to-pitch-dimensions.html

The default setting is 115 by 74 and as my method got 116 by 76 I'm fairly happy with my guess work lmao, so I'd trust it's the same as the default FM pitch so I'm slightly out. 

I actually wanted to look into this two weeks ago but I couldn't think of a easy way to do it, the second your goal gave a massive distance I just had to attempt to work it out lol. Possibly too late for What I wanted to use it for though. 

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Me right now...

20398211-C078-4B73-8BF2-DADB10891F8E.gif.c9d2e042aa96125e515f9b4e8c4b8527.gif

Yet I'm giddy as this is the hidden depth and intrigue that got me to fall in love with the series. I've always loved investigating the odd shit you normally wouldn't think about. 

We now know why Pulis style football isn't possible as the Stoke City pitch is 100 by 64 (smallest in Championship) so tiny compared to the games 115 by 74 :p. Obviously a joke but it's interesting to see the biggest Prem pitch is 105 by 69 (Brighton and Huddersfield) and the smallest is Wolves with 100 by 64. 

According to the site I'm looking at the mighty Shrewsbury have the biggest pitch in England (Prem-league two) with a 110 by 75. 

http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/are-all-football-pitches-the-same-size/#championship

Okay I'm falling in deep here! @scratch99what have you done to me! Anyway.

Ages ago I did a fun article working out what speed 20 pace actually could be found here. In that I found out Bellerin's top clocked speed is 21.60 MPH. 

As Bellerin is a wingback how long would it take him to run end to end at his top speed? Well if you wondered the question like me I'll show you. 

It would take the Spaniard 10.89 seconds to cover 115 yards at his too speed. 

Obviously this is nothing really as it's not taking into account factors like acceleration and we don't really know how the speed stat breaks down but I felt like looking into it :p. I wonder though could you work out a real life time measurement of times in FMM, like how few real life seconds is a FMM second? In other words Bellerin is rapid 😛

11 hours ago, Ashez said:

Okay I'm falling in deep here! @scratch99what have you done to me! Anyway.

Ages ago I did a fun article working out what speed 20 pace actually could be found here. In that I found out Bellerin's top clocked speed is 21.60 MPH. 

As Bellerin is a wingback how long would it take him to run end to end at his top speed? Well if you wondered the question like me I'll show you. 

It would take the Spaniard 10.89 seconds to cover 115 yards at his too speed. 

Obviously this is nothing really as it's not taking into account factors like acceleration and we don't really know how the speed stat breaks down but I felt like looking into it :p. I wonder though could you work out a real life time measurement of times in FMM, like how few real life seconds is a FMM second? In other words Bellerin is rapid 😛

Haha, don't blame me mate! I just posted a great goal! 😄

I remember that article - great work! And if you want to tackle how FMM time relates to real time, feel free, I'll read it! I think a lot of people would be interested in that. But I'll leave the thinking and writing of it to you, LOL! I've hurt my brain enough as it is... 😂