Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Hard to play

ante1995

Hello guys.

I'm playing Football Manager on mobile since 2013. Pervious games (14,15,16) were a lot easier than the lates FMM 17. 

For example. I start to manage Real, Barca, Bayern or similar team. Friendly matches like Barca vs. Cagliari ends 1:0. I have 15-16 atemps on goal. In La Liga after 10 matches I'm in the middle of the table. Can't win teams like Las Palmas, Granada ect. And after all that I sack in Novemer. 

Same thing with any other team.

What's wrong?

Interesting. It said AMC got into box frequently yet that wasn't enough runs from midfield. Seems contradictory to me. Anyone have any idea why?

3 hours ago, veerus said:

Interesting. It said AMC got into box frequently yet that wasn't enough runs from midfield. Seems contradictory to me. Anyone have any idea why?

It said attacking midfielder not central attacking midfielder. IFs are attacking midfielders but on the wings.

4 hours ago, ante1995 said:

This is my standard formation, roles and instructions for Real M.

Intensive training, original match engine, large database is off...

Screenshot_20170119-193624.png

Screenshot_20170119-193620.png

Screenshot_20170119-193615.png

Screenshot_20170119-193755.png

Screenshot_20170119-194013.png

Screenshot_20170119-194023.png

I'd change one of the APs to a B2B and the WBs to FBs since the mentality is attacking 

Ohhhh so the attacking midfielder comment refers to any player on that level of the pitch? I always assumed it referred to midfielders only and the players on the sides were called wingers. Good to know!

4 hours ago, ante1995 said:

This is my standard formation, roles and instructions for Real M.

Intensive training, original match engine, large database is off...

I noticed they're all on their preferred role. Don't be afraid to tweak as different roles may be much better suited within the team, in combination with other roles. These players are ideal to play a 'short passing' game. More possession for you, less for the opponent which (generally) reduces their chances. I would also make Kroos a DLP and Benzema a P.

I would go 'balanced' with EME but since you're playing OME not sure which setting works better in this case.

Also, give it a few games as players need to get accustomed to new formations/styles etc. Hope it works out.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Also, give it a few games as players need to get accustomed to new formations/styles etc. 

I am like 95% sure this is not a thing in FMM.  Only in the non-mobile versions.

19 minutes ago, veerus said:

I am like 95% sure this is not a thing in FMM.  Only in the non-mobile versions.

You may have a point here. Perhaps I need to work on my wording. What I meant to say was give it a few games before judging if a role or formation works. 

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and it's certainly the case when it comes to player roles. If you want to play in a certain formation or style you need to ensure that the roles within the team highlight the strengths of the formation. You also need to consider the weaknesses that your formation and style has which then effects what player roles you choose. Therefore you should be trying to make players fit around your system rather than make your system fit around your players (unless you're willing to change your shape / tactics and actually decide to fit everything around your key players - see 1k Goal Challenge Tactics).

Looking at your shape and style it's easy to tell that you're vulnerable to counter attacking football. The midfield is somewhat balanced but I feel you're better off having 1 DLP and 1 AP rather than 2 APs. Kroos fits that bill well. I'd personally recommend having your RB & LB play as FB in some games - if you're playing a team that plays with AML & AMR then FBs will provide better balance for your team. Finally if you're playing with Benzema then I feel the Poacher role would be better for him. I find when playing with 2 IFs an AF up front (good movement & pace required) seems to score most often for me.

All in all don't forget that it is just a game and abusing the mechanics (simple way of putting it) is the key to being successful, even if they sometimes seem illogical. Thankfully FMM is a game where logic applies so try to think about football in context when making decisions.

Edited by Jack