Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Anyone got a secret to success?

I don't have a formula but what I do generally when I pick a team is build a tactic with the players I have then I keep on changing and tweaking till I'm happy with it then I start improving the team.

If you are looking for a tactic guide you can find one here.

I know it's long but I read and reread it with some other guides here before I got comfortable with creating tactics 

The tactics bible by Dec!  Many of my notes when I was learning came from that guide.  In fact, I'm going to go re-read it now.

Edited by veerus

For tactics, just trial and error. Trust me you'll feel good coming up with your own tactics rather than referencing someone else.

For transfers, well... buy cheap sell expensive?

I scour the transfer market once a month to ensure I'm in the know of; player development, upcoming retirements / regens, the reasoning for valuation fluctuations (usually down to form / stats) & transfer activity between clubs. 

Recruitment (including the promotion of valuable youth players) is the most important thing in my opinion when it comes to being successful on FMM.

On 1/20/2017 at 01:04, veerus said:

The tactics bible by Dec!  Many of my notes when I was learning came from that guide.  In fact, I'm going to go re-read it now.

can u give me a link, and cheers.

added 0 minutes later
On 1/19/2017 at 22:48, Dar J said:

I don't have a formula but what I do generally when I pick a team is build a tactic with the players I have then I keep on changing and tweaking till I'm happy with it then I start improving the team.

If you are looking for a tactic guide you can find one here.

I know it's long but I read and reread it with some other guides here before I got comfortable with creating tactics 

On 1/20/2017 at 01:04, veerus said:

On 1/20/2017 at 01:12, Meow said:

For tactics, just trial and error. Trust me you'll feel good coming up with your own tactics rather than referencing someone else.

For transfers, well... buy cheap sell expensive?

On 1/20/2017 at 01:18, Jack said:

I scour the transfer market once a month to ensure I'm in the know of; player development, upcoming retirements / regens, the reasoning for valuation fluctuations (usually down to form / stats) & transfer activity between clubs. 

Recruitment (including the promotion of valuable youth players) is the most important thing in my opinion when it comes to being successful on FMM.

Cheers for the feed back guys! :-)

Ditto to @Meow. Deploy a tactic, give it a 5 game trial, if it works, carry on, if it doesnt, change and adapt. Eventually, you'll find a tactic that works perfectly for your team.

As for transfers, send your scouts out in about September/October, so that by the time the January transfer window comes round, you have a full shortlist if players to go for. 

The safe option is to go for players who are either from same nation as your club, or has experience playing in that specific league.

1 hour ago, Robbrown172 said:

Ditto to @Meow. Deploy a tactic, give it a 5 game trial, if it works, carry on, if it doesnt, change and adapt. Eventually, you'll find a tactic that works perfectly for your team.

As for transfers, send your scouts out in about September/October, so that by the time the January transfer window comes round, you have a full shortlist if players to go for. 

The safe option is to go for players who are either from same nation as your club, or has experience playing in that specific league.

do u use the same tactic seasons on end?

14 minutes ago, Fr3ddi3_Grav3s said:

do u use the same tactic seasons on end?

If they continue to work, then yeah. Dont fix something that isn't broken. If however, your tactics aren't as effective anymore, then it's back to the drawing board to find a new tactic.

19 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

If they continue to work, then yeah. Dont fix something that isn't broken. If however, your tactics aren't as effective anymore, then it's back to the drawing board to find a new tactic.

cheers