Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 How to spot your transfers for beginners

William

How to spot your transfers for beginners

med_gallery_89_15_4463.jpeg

Hey and welcome to my guide for signing players. Now first thing is first, here are a few tips before we start :

• Remove the interest "yes" value as this is not always accurate
  • Only use scouts if unsure, if you definetley want a player and your scout does not, trust yourself
  • I encourage finding bargains, but do not be afraid to pay that little bit more if you have found a world class player as they can make the difference in winning and losing compeitions

Free Transfers - Contract Expired/No Club

This is a must, especially if you are a lower league team. Lower league teams can snap us youngsters with talent who can make ridiculous impacts on their season, or find experience if they are unsure in certain positions. Free transfers often consist of players who have left their higher tier clubs and are looking for somewhere to play for at their older age (for example Edgar Davids or Jimmy Walker). These can be found on player search, by looking for contract expired or no club. Regens can be spotted here, several of a young age that develop even further.

For Leagues - Mainly Championship and below although take a look if you are in the top tier just in-case a rare gem comes along

Bosmans - Contract Expiring

This is where you can approach to sign a player when his contract is near expiring, meaning he can arrive usually in January or at the end of the season. A variety of players can be found here. Old players who teams have decided are no longer needed at the club can be found and this is usual for teams in the divisions below the team who is releasing the player for experience. Player with high wages, usually when approaching them, you can haggle them down a bit, but as expected, this is for top division teams. Make sure the player is not conning you out with bonuses etc. and make sure you are happy with the final contract negotiations before agreeing a deal, if you are not happy, do not go for the player, simples ;) Youngsters with potential who have been released from big clubs (Febian Brandy did not have his contract renewed from Man Utd and he is a great player, just not good enough for United). Youngster are crucial from Championship (2nd Divison) clubs to snap up, and if needs be can then be loaned out to lower leagues. The last, and best players who you can sign on bosmans are simply players who feel they are too good for the club. This means they have the ability, but do not be fooled, sometimes a bad attitude can come with this so be careful.

For Leagues - A variety:

Old players for lower leagues

Youngsters for 2nd tier teams (can be loaned out to lower divisions)

High waged players for top tier divisions

Big fish in a small pond players for a variety of teams, usually the same or division above where he came from

Transfer Listed

Quite an obvious one, but be careful here, attitude problems can occur, do a scout report on these players as-well as you do not want to be paying good money for players with injury problems. Remember there will be a reason players have been transfer listed and some which look good on the outside, may have problems on the inside so be wary of this. An example was when Owen came up on the transfer list, finishing 20 :D dribbling 18, pace 16 :D bought straight away for £1.6M . . . then the injury came into play, he played 6 games for me, didn't score and was released at the end of the season. However, there are pluses, look out if the player is from a much better club than you, as it means they cannot get into a good team, but could make it into yours if you are in a lower division. Search for this on player search, under transfer listed ;)

For Leagues - Mainly Lower league top tier teams, and any lower divisions

Loan Listed

This is crucial for Championship and below, and achieve the right loan signing and your team can perform at new heights. Most loanies that I go for are youngster from top teams, it is a win win for both clubs, one club is able to give their wonder-kids experience whilst the lower clubs benefit from this. If a player is up for loan, it is always a good idea to at first offer 0% wages as the club want to shift him out, and a cheeky bid there is no harm unless other clubs are after him. Also always allow a recall clause when signing a loan player as clubs never seem to recall players back. Do not always expect to get this player to sign for you at the end of the season, as if they perform well, there value goes up and they either break into the first team or gain interest from better clubs. This can be found on player search under loan listed.

For Leagues - To sign loan players, you should always get from the division above your team

All Round Players - Credit to Dec for this tip ;)

Under attributes on player search, put everything on 10 for minimum and 20 maximum. Then search and you will get full lists of all rounded players guaranteed. Then you can edit position, or sort by certain attributes, or by age. These players if they are young, will 9/10 times become good for you and develop into decent players.

For Leagues - Any, crucial if in the lower leagues, can be sold for a profit or develop into class players for top teams

Wonderkids

This is especially handy when finding incredible young regens in season 2 onwards although can still work in season 1. Change age to the lowest option 0-21. Then other important option here in value. This depends on what league you are in. For First Division expand the bracket to £0-2M. For Division 2 teams open the bracket from £0-500K. £0-100K for below that. Then sort by the key attributes for the positions you are looking for. Do this as soon as the season begins as incredible players can be found at ridiculously low prices and can turn into world class players. Watch out when signing these to try and avoid a big club release clause if you are not a European class team as these always come back to haunt you.

For Leagues - Any, just change the value bracket as stated above

Brazil and Argentina

Go onto clubs, and look at South America. Argentinian and Brazilian clubs always have cheap, quality players on low wages which can be snapped up for a bargain price. You will know when you come across a bargain. However don't get your hopes up as I do not recommend this for some 2nd and 3rd division teams as work permits may not get through on lower reputation clubs.

For Leagues - 1st and 2nd tier divisions, due to work permit issues. It may not work with all 2nd tier division teams also

nice guide there william agree with points there well done on it :D

im not sure if you were meant to but on your first paragraph and then when you put 'for leagues' you put champions and below is that meant to be championship not sure if you meant it but just checking

I'm going to make this easy for myself :)

for more help, look at my book of tips, located in my signature :)

But you did good work William123 :)

i have tried buying every single player from crap to world class and all i get from the players is your clubs not good enough.. ive started my second season after winning the bsp and now have half a team of ghost players.. i dont know whether its a bug or not but it doesnt make the game enjoyable

Which team are you, remember be realistic about your signings :) Are you able to sign players from the league below you but not your own league? If so it means you have a poor reputation as a club and are said to be a lower end club of that league.

no i cant buy players from any league.. i have managed to get some loans in now but they arent the best.. only got them to fill out the team for when i get injuries and red cards

Well as your are BSP you can't expect many players to be interested in moving to a BSP team. Remember when searching for transfers, click the interested Yes on the player search filter. You should be able to buy players in the BSP no problem, and loan players from League 1/League 2.

For free transfers if you are wondering why they don't want to move, look at their previous clubs. If the clubs they have previously played for are better than Crawley, they may not want to make the move down.

Main rule, be realistic ;)