Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 My Manchester City Guide

DeanoWHUFC

manchester-city-stadium.jpg

Introduction

I done a similar guide for the same team in last years game, so here we go again. Manchester City are the richest club in the world, worth a reported £500 billion. They play their home games at Eastlands, or the City of Manchester Stadium. Probably one of the easiest careers to play due to the wealth you have at your disposal, with a transfer budget in excess of £50 million pounds a season, there is not a player you cannot sign. I hop in this guide I can run through the good and bad players of Manchester City. As well as that I hope to give you some tactical insight and maybe even recommended sales and signings.

Meet the Squad

Goalkeepers

Hart.png

Joe Hart - A great young keeper, definitely a good choice for first choice goalkeeper. Still a bit young and lacking experience, therefore I would use him as number two and allow him plenty of game time in the cups.

Given.png

Shay Given - Given his experience should probably be your first choice goalkeeper. Will last another year or two at least at the top, giving Hart the time he needs to develop.

Taylor.png

Stuart Taylor - Depending on how you play, you could probably afford to Sell him on. However should you want 3 keepers, he will do no harm as cover for either Joe Hart or Shay Given.

Full Backs

Boateng.png

Jerome Boateng - Can play eith left or right back as well as in the middle and at defensive midfield, this in my opinion makes him a superb addition to the squad. Not too bad attribute wise, he is a great utility player adding depth to you back line.

Zabaleta.png

Pablo Zabaleta – Can play a couple of positions well, One being right back, the other defensive midfield. That being said I would keep him at right back where he will provide good cover for Boateng.

Bridge.png

Wayne Bridge – Your aging left back, provides good cover for the younger and pacier Kolarov. I would give Bridge plenty of game time in each of the domestic cups just to try and keep the attributes as high as possible.

Kolarov.png

Aleksandar Kolarov – In my opinion the best left back at the club. should be the number one choice for your team, good in both defensive and offensive positions.

Center Backs

Richards.png

Micah Richards - Although a good right back, I think Richards has all it takes to be a superb center back. Pace, Strength and Stamina in high figures. I personally would make him first choice center back.

Toure.png

Kolo Toure - Superb center back who can also play right back. I would rotate between Kompany and Toure as the defensive partner to Richards.

Boyata.png

Dedryck Boyata - Young and promising. I would say Boyata isn't quite ready for the big time yet, offer him out to championship sides on loan, enabling him to gain valuable experience.

Lescott.png

Joleon Lescott - Although aging, Lescott can be a very useful cover player for both left back and center back. I would keep him, be sure to give him some cup game time to keep him happy.

Kompany.png

Vincent Kompany - Another good center back who can also play a second position. This time it is defensive midfield. I would use Kompany sparingly along side Richards. As stated earlier rotate with Toure to keep fitness and stamina at a peak.

Wingers

Johnson.png

Adam Johnson - Young and British with a lot of potential, I don't think he is quite good enough to start just yet. Therefore I recommend trying to send him out on loan especially with your strength coming from center midfield.

SWP.png

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Aging and not the best for his position, therefore I would try and sell Wright-Phillips as soon as possible, thus keeping a check on your wage budget.

Milner.png

James Milner - Good and mobile, can play on either wing and through the middle. With your main strength in both depth and ability coming through the middle this will probably be best. Use as cover to David Silva.

Etuhu.png

Kelvin Etuhu - In my honest opinion a terrible player, should look to sell, again keeping your OTT wage bill in check.

Center Midfield

Barry.png

Gareth Barry - A good solid midfielder, although with Yaya Toure and Nigel de Jong, he isn't going to get too much game time, think about playing him more advanced then a DMC and have him alongside Silva.

deJong.png

Nigel de Jong - Nicknamed the destroyer and for a very good reason. Should be rotated with Yaya Toure for the defensive midfield slot.

YToure.png

Yaya Toure - Your other first choice defensive midfielder so to speak, as said with de Jong, rotate and keep both fresh.

Vieira.png

Patrick Vieira - Not really any good anymore due to age, would look to sell as soon as possible.

MJohnson.png

Michael Johnson - A player that showed much promise in his youth, never really materialised, would try and sell or even loan out.

Silva.png

David Silva - Your main flair player, Central midfield seems to be your strength, would play to it and use Silva as the link between midfield and attack.

Strikers

Adebayor.png

Emmanuel Adebayor - A decent player for the squad, can be kept for a couple of seasons as a cover player to Tevz.

Balotelli.png

Mario Balotelli - A versatile finisher, good upfront with a decent target man, should be partnered with either Adebayor or Santa Cruz. Refuses to sign a new contract though.

Jo.png

Jo - Not a bad player, but for financial reasons I would sell.

SantaCruz.png

Roque Santa Cruz - Again not a bad player, good back up but a big wage. Should really sell.

Tevez.png

Carlos Tevez - A great player, will score many goals for you. Should be number one striker, either lone striker or partner with Balotelli.

Players Loaned Out

Nedum Onuoha - A good Richards like defender, would leave out on loan just for experience.

Ryan McGivern - Not the best but young, would leave out on loan and re assess after the first season.

Andrew Tutte - Much the same as McGivern, leave out on loan and re assess after first season.

Vladimir Weiss - A very promising younster indeed, versatile but best out on the wing. Would leave out on loan until the end of the first season allowing him to gain experience.

Craig Bellamy - Good but aging, would bring back and use as Balotelli cover. Wont last more then a season or two realistically.

David Ball - Like Andrew Tutte, leave out on loan and assess at the end of season one.

Felipe Caicedo - Leave out on loan and again assess at the end of the season, can turn out well.

Players to Sell

Roque Santa Cruz - Talented but not a star. Unfortunately Santa Cruz is overlooked amongst the money and stars already in the squad. Has talent but also a high wage.

Jo - Another with talent, only problem being City are strong in this area meaning Jo, like Santa Cruz, is often overlooked.

Michael Johnson - Showed a lot of promise early on but nothing materialised. Almost the forgotten british star considering the effect he had on the team under Sven.

Patrick Vieira - Without a doubt an Arsenal legend. Man City legend in the making, I would say no. Age has sadly caught up with him, even though he can pick a pass his pace is disastrous and his stamina not the best. Save yourself from the high wage.

Kelvin Etuhu - I cannot believe he is still in the squad, what was going through the managers mind when they signed Etuhu.

Shaun Wright-Philips - Career ruined by Chelsea, it's a shame as he was looking good before that move. FMH have always made him the bit player, never good enough but still gets the job done. High wages and better alternatives mean you should really sell.

Stuart Taylor - Not a bad goalkeeper, definately worthy of the number 3 slot, however Given and Hart should be more then enough for 2 maybe 3 seasons. Would sell just to control the wage budget a little better.

Potential Signings

Javier Martinez - A good central midfield playmaker. From Athletic, can be lethal.

Edin Dzeko - Great Replacement for Adebayor, will cost money but worth every penny. Scored over 150 goals in 3 seasons for me.

Iker Munian - A good pacey young spanish striker, perfect cover for Balotelli and replacement for Bellamy.

Possible Formations

4-5-1

GK

DL DC DC DR

DMC

MC MC

AML----------AMR

ST

Barcelona 2011

GK

DL DC DC----

---------DMC--DMR

MC MC

AML-------------

---ST ST

4-1-2-3

GK

DL DC DC DR

DMC

MC MC

ST ST ST

To play the Barcelona 2011 tactic I would suggest having Tevez in the center, Balotelli on the right and David Silva on the left wing. Use either Yaya Toure or de Jong in DMC and have the other partner either Barry or Milner in midfield.

Overall this game should be pretty simple, with the money and players already at the club, success should come natural. For the first couple of seasons, Balotelli and Tevez will obliterate opposition defences.

This is only a base guide, with my opinion thrown in. At the end of the day it is your game to play how you want. The squad is the one on the england only database, without any updates. Good luck and I hope this helps.

This post has been promoted to an article

Nice base, I feel you can expand somewhat on players and offer more players to buy such as alternatives. However as I said it is a nice start and you can now look at mine to "bulk" it up?