Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMHVibe technical admin position

Dec

Hello, today we have decided to host applications for our vacant "technical admin" spot. If you are interested about this then please read ahead if not please disregard this.

What will the job entail?

A technical admin's job is to ensure the site is running as efficient as possible and is up to date/fresh. This will include skinning, working with members and thinking of ideas/making them possible to further the site.

What you need:

*Knowledge of the FM series (FMH recommended)

*Experience with CSS and HTML at least

*Experience with Invision Power services (recommended)

*Good English skills

*Able to work with other people

*Creative ideas

*Recommended to be able to use Photoshop or something similar

*Knowledge of websites/forums (FTP, hosts, SEO etc...)

How to apply:

Fill out this form and Email it to Dec@FMHVibe.co.uk.

Name:

FMHVibe Name:

Portfolio (previous work):

Why you'd be suited for the job (please note programs/websites you can/have worked with and refer to above):

Ideas for FMHVibe (Designs would be a plus):

Why should we pick you?:

Applications close late May/early June. Good luck,

Dec

Got all what is needed apart from;

*Experience with CSS and HTML at least

*Experience with Invision Power services (recommended)

*Knowledge of websites (FTP, hosts, SEO etc...)

The 1st and 3rd of your list is key, if you cannot code then I won't take your application sorry.

The 1st and 3rd of your list is key, if you cannot code then I won't take your application sorry.

Haven't really done HTML for ages back in Year 9 or so. Only worked with IPD for a short period though. And I know a little about 'hosts'. That's it. But the rest, yeah am good with them, especially-

*Good English skills

*Creative ideas

*Recommended to be able to use Photoshop or something similar

*Knowledge of the FM series (FMH recommended)

:)

You can submit an application but I wouldn't bank on getting it as it is a very complex system to those with little knowledge and sadly I cannot afford to train someone up now.

For anyone interested who does not have much experience with HTML/CSS, contact me and I'll consider getting a small tutorial set up over the half term. They really aren't that complicated if you know what your doing.

Ditto FTP, it's not hard; once you've made the connection it's practically drag and drop. I'm surprised your using it though, Dec. FTP is ancient and not something I've used since my early days of website design (~ 8/9 years ago).

Unfortunately I am no interested in the post due to conflicting interests; specifically the aim of starting up my own games company means I will be having to do all that stuff for my own site and leaving me with too significant a lack of time.

Thanks C (going to call you that now as I always spell your name wrong :P). I have started learning how to code myself and got a decent base (I paid for one) and everything is looking very nice thanks to links to FM fansite admins.

For anyone interested in learning HTML or CSS, over the next few weeks then tutorials will be popping up on my website