Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 A Guide To Arsenal FC

Oscar

Arsenal.pngA Guide To Arsenal FC Arsenal.png

A Brief History Of The Team

Arsenal are a team that sit comfortably in the top half of the Premier League consistently. They were formed in Woolwich in 1886 and were the first southern English team to join the football league, in which they joined in 1893. They have won 13 Premier Divisions and ten FA Cups. They also notably reached the final of the 2006 Champions League, in which they lost to Barcelona after conceding two in the last 15 minutes. The team is managed by Frenchman Arsene Wenger. The team has a long standing rivalry with Tottenham Hotspur, and they play at the Emirates Stadium, which seats 60,355 people.

Meet The Squad

Goalkeepers

Arsenal have three Goalkeepers when you start; Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski, and Vito Mannone. It is debatable whether Almunia or Fabianski is better. Almunia generally seems to keep a higher standard that Fabianski though. Mannone is a good backup and is worth keeping for the future. I would sell Fabianski, and try and buy a new keeper, as Arsenal do not have goalkeepers that match their high standards.

manuel_almunia_1372530c.jpg(Left, Manuel Almunia)

Manuel Almunia £1.8M

Lukasz Fabianski £2.1M

Vito Mannone £1.3M

Defenders

Arsenal have a strong defense, one with speed, that is capable of keeping a clean sheet as well as pushing up and creating chances from the wings. Emmanuel Eboue and Bakary Sagna are your candidates for right back, with Gael Clichy and Kieran Gibbs going for your number one left-back. A very strong Central Defense includes Thomas Vermaelen, Kyle Bartley (On loan to Sheff Utd) Johan Djourou, Laurent Koscielny, Sebastien Squillaci and Alex Song. Gael Clichy is your best defender, most valuable as well. No money will be needed to improve this area of the squad.

Gael_Clichy_280x390_483002a.jpg (Left, Gael Clichy)

Emmanuel Eboue £6.75M

Bakary Sagna £9M

Gael Clichy £8.25M

Thomas Vermaelen £6.5M

Kyle Bartley £1.5M

Johan Djourou £4.4M

Laurent Koscielny £5.25M

Sebastien Squillaci £3.3M

Alex Song £8.25M

Kieran Gibbs £4.3M

Midfielders

The midfield is the most vital part of the Arsenal squad. The midfield is full of absolute gems such as Fabregas and Arshavin. But too many players in this position means that good players will spend time on the bench. For example, you have Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere, Abou Diaby, and Theo Walcott all on AM RLC. It would be hard to play a formation which included most of these, without having two wingers which would be a stupid decision. Fabregas is by far your best midfielder, and by far the best player in the squad.

Cesc-Fabregas2.jpg(Left, Cesc Fabregas)

Denilson £5.5M

Cesc Fabregas £26.5M

Aaron Ramsey £4.9M

Abou Diaby £7.75M

Andrey Arshavin £14.5M

Samir Nasri £9.75M

Tomas Rosicky £6M

Jack Wilshere £5.75M

Theo Walcott £8.25M

Strikers

Arsenal have a reasonable strike force. Midfielder Theo Walcott is versatile and can play up front for you as well. The star striker is Robin van Persie and he will be your man throughout the season. I suggest Marouane Chamackh to back him up.

robin-van-persie.jpg(Left, Robin van Persie)

Sanchez Watt £2.3M

Robin van Persie £17.25M

Carlos Vela £6.25M

Nicklas Bendtner £9.25M

Marouane Chamakh £10.25M

Possible Transfers

You are given an £18.25M transfer budget, I suggest keepers being top priority.

Calos Kameni (GK) £4M

Steve Mandanda (GK) £4M

Alvaro Negredo (SC) £8.5M

Tactics

I suggest a 4-1-2-1-2.

It makes complete sense for the Arsenal team. This is the best formation for Arsenal I think.

GK Almunia

DL Gael Clichy

DR Bakary Sagna

DC Thomas Vermaelen

DC Sebastien Squillaci

DM Alex Song

MC Cesc Fabregas

MC Andrey Arshavin

AM Samir Nasri

SC Robin van Persi

SC Marouane Chamakh

Summary:

If you want a team that could really challenge for the title without making it to easy Arsenal are a fantastic choice.

Thanks for reading my Arsenal guide. Please comment and give feedback.

Nice guide, but where's Chenzy?

Personally a 41221 makes more sense to me :) but it's your guide

That's what I thought. I loaded English leagues and everything but Szczeny wasn't there? :wacko:

Yep, it's just a guide, feel free to use whatever formation you like.

Nice work, maybe limit the colors though but it seems a solid first guide and I would recommend going into more depth such as why choose a 4-1-2-1-2.

Good first effort though and you are showing real potential :D.

Nice work, maybe limit the colors though but it seems a solid first guide and I would recommend going into more depth such as why choose a 4-1-2-1-2.

I told you people are loving them Oscar ;)

Ok Dec, I will try next time :D But if you see the time I posted it, I was a tiny bit tired ;)

If you think it is good enough Oscar then yes :).

Tactic - Not relevant to this thread at all, also do not post all in caps as on the internet it can be classed as shouting. Thanks.

I like the shadow on the logos you have used. Did you do that or did you download a pack of them??? :)

Nice guide also :) KIU