Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 May be obvious...

Ali

Just wondered, if I was to create a team say full of Italians. They would play better together than a mashup of players? I presume FMH factors this in?

I don't believe there's anything coded in the game that boosts teamwork in a team where everybody has the same nationality. But when signing players from a different country, there's always the risk of homesickness, which affects morale and consequently form. Also, players with low adaptability will struggle to settle into the team when signed - independently of nationality - but given enough time they will be fine.

Yes it will have a better effect on results than a team of 'mash-up' players :) Rafa- this is coded in the game at a small amount. It affects team chemistry.

Yes it will have a better effect on results than a team of 'mash-up' players :) Rafa- this is coded in the game at a small amount. It affects team chemistry.

May I ask where did you get this information from? I would be interested in reading about it.

If you have an Italian team through of Italians, and you sign an Italian player who has spent 8/9 years in Russia say, will he automatically slot into the team with no issue and not suffer home sickness just due to his nationality?

If you do have a full team of Italians then of course they would play better being as they play together for Italy but if you are unsure then give it a try and see what happens? Maybe post your results ;)

One common mistake is to assume things are coded in the game just because it's considered common sense. I don't think it is obvious that a team composed of players of the same nationality should play better - just check any major team in Europe.

One common mistake is to assume things are coded in the game just because it's considered common sense. I don't think it is obvious that a team composed of players of the same nationality should play better - just check any major team in Europe.

same can be said for the regens...

I guess the only way to find out about this things is to ask Mark.

Where is Dec when you need him?

same can be said for the regens...

I guess the only way to find out about this things is to ask Mark.

Where is Dec when you need him?

You can't say the same about regens, because they ARE coded in the game.

I can say the same about you :P

In the link you submitted, Marc doesn't explicitly confirm the existence of regenerated players.

I have found this: http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Regens

+the confirmation by an si member who confirmed this.

I can't however find anything officialliy said about FMH. But Marc once told me that FM and FMH work with roughly the same database.

God Jens, how blinding can your beliefs be?

Quoting Marc:

Mostly regens will remain their own nationality - however sometimes they will 'shift' to a new one, this is to help stop people 'spotting' regenerated players so easily and is intentional ..

Where in this sentence do you sense any signal of doubt about the existence or not of regens?

Your link is about FM on the PC! The database is roughly the same, obviously, because it's the same sport and the same leagues involved! But the way the database changes throughout the game is different.

In a PC, as explained in your link, the database size is variable throughout the game, and new players are created without any link with previous players. This is doable on the PC, as it has a lot of memory and processing power. They just created an algorithm that makes sure the overall quality and distribution of the new players is balanced - which basically mean that there will always be roughly the same ratio of awesome players to crappy players as the perceived ratio happening in real life.

In a handheld device, such algorithm would make the game unplayable - would you like to wait for half an hour between seasons? I wouldn't. So they use regens. In this way, regens keep their playing positions intact to guarantee that the game will have players evenly divided among different positions, they keep their PA so the overall ratio of good/bad players is the same, and SI made sure that the attributes would change slightly and that they can re-spawn with other nationalities, so they are trickier to spot - if you want to find them you need to try hard.

God, I'm gonna grab some lunch now...

At least I come up with some evidence. A sentence where Mark says that new players can be replaced with players from other nationalities, does not say that they are still the same player.

THAT is what is in that sentence. I will take your word for it when you can come up with more than 'reading between the lines'.

True, there may be Backhams regenerated, but who says it's not possible that many players are really new players? There are soooo many incredible regens, yet there are only few real players who are as good as them.

And my beliefs have got nothing to do with this ;)

At least I come up with some evidence.

FM for PC evidence, not FMH. Therefore, no evidence at all.

A sentence where Mark says that new players can be replaced with players from other nationalities, does not say that they are still the same player.

THAT is what is in that sentence. I will take your word for it when you can come up with more than 'reading between the lines'.

Marc mentions them as 'regens'. Where is this 'reading between the lines'? And what he says is "regenerated players can shift nationality". This is *very* different from 'new players can be replaced with players from other nationalities'. That's you reading between the lines.

True, there may be Backhams regenerated, but who says it's not possible that many players are really new players?

It's not a matter of 'may be regenerated'. All players are regenerated. And there are no new players because it would require 1) to remove a player from the database and 2) to create an algorithm just to do create a new player (including the necessity of making sure the database is balanced for 30 seasons). Unfortunately I don't have a 'link' to prove you that, but you have even less evidence to prove that there are new players.

There are soooo many incredible regens, yet there are only few real players who are as good as them.

Two explanations. 1) the attribute increase ratio to PA/CA difference needs to be tweaked. 2) Intensive training.

And my beliefs have got nothing to do with this ;)

No, I think it's just too difficult for you to admit that maybe, just maybe, you could be wrong. I suffer from a similar condition :)

This may seem like a stupid question but can a regen get a regen

Rafa and Jens are all stuck in that debate, if you would. I personally is a believer in regens, but I'll leave the talking to rafahappy.gif

Yes, a regen can get a regen. Think David Beckham. His regen usually comes up in the 2nd season, so if he was 15 years old and continued playing until 3, his regen should be there by the 25th or 26th season. I've found Beckham's regen's regen already, called him up for his first cap for England when he was 15laugh.gif

Glad to see I've prompted some interesting discussion. I suppose I was basing my knowledge on the premise of FIFA Ultimate Team. Your team plays better if they are the same nationality, which, in theory makes sense. As if you have a full team of players that play for their national team and you have them in your club, they should work great together.

In FM PC the team has an affect on language they could speak so I would imagine nationality has a slight but not a big difference, however if a player has been playing in that league for a while I would imagine it would help.

Rafa and Jens are all stuck in that debate, if you would. I personally is a believer in regens, but I'll leave the talking to rafahappy.gif

Yes, a regen can get a regen. Think David Beckham. His regen usually comes up in the 2nd season, so if he was 15 years old and continued playing until 3, his regen should be there by the 25th or 26th season. I've found Beckham's regen's regen already, called him up for his first cap for England when he was 15laugh.gif

Rafa i am a believer in regens to and thanks for answering my question

Just to confirm - yes FMH/FMHi work using a system of 'regens'; any confusion is probably because FM PC/Mac now uses what is commonly referred to as 'new gens' which are newly generated players (ie. no regeneration).

Handheld devices don't have the processing power or memory to handle that sort of system .... and to be honest I kinda like the regen system myself anyway ;)

Just to confirm - yes FMH/FMHi work using a system of 'regens'; any confusion is probably because FM PC/Mac now uses what is commonly referred to as 'new gens' which are newly generated players (ie. no regeneration).

Handheld devices don't have the processing power or memory to handle that sort of system .... and to be honest I kinda like the regen system myself anyway ;)

Marc, I can't thank you enough for settling this :)

By the way, I am also a big regen fan - I can't get attached to players I never heard of, and I tend to try and figure out who my best regens were in the past.

Maybe you could add a small feature in the regen's personal screen. After you have a regen for a certain amount of time (let's say a year), you could add a comment like "touted as the next X", where X was the original player he is the regen of :)

I might go play a season and try and buy a full squad of Italians and post up my results, cause I'm keen to see if this works or not :) but rafa, I am aware it may not be coded as such in game :)