Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Sunny's Unemployed Challenge

Sunny

Season 7: Udinese/Man City + Northern Ireland

I couldn't get a job at other clubs, so I stayed with Udinese for the season. We were at the top of the league before I left, and were in the Champions Cup finals. We also won the Italian Cup. Man City sacked their manager, and I returned to England.

In national management, I joined Northern Ireland after Brendan Rodgers got sacked. We drew France 1-1, won China 3-2, and recently won Finland 3-0 in the World Cup Quals. The England job was strangely available after they beat Senegal 1-0 in the Final 16, and eventually lost to Spain in the quarter finals after the manager was sacked. I applied, but they appointed Steve McClarenangry.gif Which is really unrealistic, as I'm 4th in the Hall of Fame, and I selected English as my nationality too.

Season 8 nearly completed, and again, I'm moving onlaugh.gif I seem to have some luck with the color blue...

A few games with N.Ireland left, we thrashed the Czechs and Poles 4-0biggrin.gif

Season 8: Man City + Northern Ireland

Man City

League Cup Winners...

bcd6a199.jpg

...League Winners...

82647c30.jpg

b64f867f.jpg

...FA Cup winners...

9289260d.jpg

...and Champions League Winners!

5b68db3b.jpg

...yet we couldn't win any player or manager awardssad.gif

780ae58e.jpg

5a4b623a.jpg

He's old, but better than ever!

b305b838.jpg

Unbeaten streak...

b6b66aa5.jpg

Northern Ireland

We start at 43rd. I'm hoping we get to the top 20s before I leave.

97899e07.jpg

We played a few games, but the EURO Qualifications aren't finished yet. Notable thrashings of the Poles, Czechs and Hungarians by 4-0. The future of Northern Ireland is looking bright with the talented playmaker Ryan Stewart!

Obviously after such a successful season with Man City obviously I'll be moving on...I'll give you a tip, it's blue againbiggrin.gif

The List

England:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Man City

Man Utd

Spain:

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Valencia

Villarreal

Italy:

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Udinese

Napoli

Scotland:

Rangers

National Teams:

England

Spain

Italy

Portugal

Holland

France

Missed Spain and Real Madrid jobs, Spain appointed Emery and freed up Real job, but I haven't won anything with Chelsea yet.

Good news for the those from Northern Ireland, our world ranking is now 17th!

Keep it up Sunny, your walking it! :)

No I'm not. I still have the international jobs. Applied for the French job, but England offer came first and I didn't want to take any chances, so I'm with England now!

I'll try to do the report on Chelsea today, and I'm moving too! Iniesta's regen has been amazing in my 4-3-1-2.

Season 9: Chelsea + N. Ireland/England

Chelsea

Unbeaten streak

04d8d5ce.jpg

Winning everything again... :P

41cfe7e1.jpg

7bd43cd5.jpg

65f90a75.jpg

1e408ca1.jpg

095ef0ce.jpg

One of my best buys ever - Mario Alfaro! (He's Andres Iniesta's regenwink.gif)

88f54746.jpg

8e39a3d6.jpg

5eef6556.jpg

76d4db79.jpg

f555ed76.jpg

After more another one season wonder by Lin, it is said that he would like to move on, preferably into a new nation. Several clubs are eyeing on the hot shot manager, and it is said that a Spanish club is close to securing his services.

Northern Ireland/England

Qualification

7e3dc191.jpg

5a560983.jpg

I was happy with our qualification, and we were drawn into Group D along with Italy, England and Israel. My target was to eliminate either Italy or England through group stages so that I can apply for the job after the EUROs. England finished 3rd in the group, and McClaren was sacked. We continued and reached the semi finals of the competition. Not bad really, considering we lost to the champions, Portugal.

b3444de1.jpg

Obviously I'm gonna continue my international career with England...I was delighted with the ranking when I left N. Ireland.

2a551815.jpg

8118304e.jpg

I also applied for the French job, but England came with the offer first, and I didn't want to take any risks yet. My aim is to win the World Cup with England! After all we do have a lot of great regens. If Rooney's regen comes along on time I think it should be a piece of cake.

Almost 10 seasons, I think I won't have a problem with the club jobs, just like last year. My only concern would be the international jobs, so I think I might be sticking to Spain/Italy for a while to get the Spain/Italy job, and build up my international reputation, not just a British manager, but a true international manager. I was going to Napoli, but I realized they were relegated from the Serie A, so I can't manage them. Just have to wait for them to get promoted next season...hopefullyunsure.gif

3ea980a0.jpg

The List

England:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Man City

Man Utd

Spain:

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Valencia

Villarreal(Job taken)

Italy:

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Udinese

Napoli(Relegated from Serie A)

Scotland:

Rangers

National Teams:

England(Job taken)

Spain

Italy

Portugal

Holland

France

Real Madrid came along with a 20M bid for our worst strikerbiggrin.gif They wanted to sign him for 12.25M during the previous transfer window, with a sell on percentage of 25%, but they missed the deadline. Now to spend it on a new defensive midfielder and Pandev's regen...

Winning the title with Villarreal will be one of the toughest challenges I've had in 10 seasons, but I think I can edge it. I hopeunsure.gif

Season's almost done, Liverpool appointed Benitez as their new manager, so the Real job freed up. But they went for Allegriunsure.gif My job at Villarreal is done anyways, I hope Napoli get promoted next season!

Finished Season 10, Montella is sacked by the Arsenal board, and the press expect me to returnunsure.gif Of course, Mou, who's now at Barca and Mancini who's at Milan are linked too, so I'm hoping to get either Barca or Milan.

I'll do the Season 10 update soon.

EDIT: Another club wants me back, this time it's City!

Save game deleted :( Meh, never would get the international jobs anyways...

Now to ge on with something I can actually do...Stay tuned folks!

Haven't updated for two seasons, but completing Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Villarreal, Barca, Udinese and England in eleven seasons is good enough for me. Don't think I'd get the international jobs anyway.

You have a habit of deleting your best saves :P

I know...dry.gif

At least I didn't delete my Bilbao save! And it's on Vibe, so I won't have to worry much apart from losing a few amazing regens. I've also kept two saves for what I'm doing next...