Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMHVibe 3.0 unveiling

Dec

Just wait I am doing the post now.

Also what's the point Patrick picking at the 4 words I posted? If you're going to be constantly negative then please go somewhere else.

I haven't posted them, you're on my gallery section. I use this site as an image uploader in order to keep everything internal and that is what you're seeing.

1. Initial plans

Well now we've hit 5000 members a lot earlier than I had hoped I would like to say thank you to everyone who's signed up and participated in this site in order to make it great. The only way I could think of doing this on such a scale is to unveil a few of our plans to not only modernise the way you think and interact around the site but to revolutionise it too. Please note these are not final and is not everything we are hoping to offer.

gallery_1_1_12990.png

We have been looking a lot into making the site more rewarding and drawing inspiration from not only existing websites but different media outlets as well. With this levelling up via XP seemed to dawn upon us as a great way to give you something back for general use of not only the site but the game.

With levels you progress further unlocking different colours to your bar, perks (such as extra PM space) and who's not to forget status!

Levelling up opens many avenues up for us to expand on and as users of this site it offers a rewarding way for contributing to the site; whether this be an achievement for posting 100 times or bonus XP for posting great content in which is distributed my staff.

gallery_1_1_643.png

When going through this site we asked ourselves "What could we do about navigation?", many different ideas seemed to solve the problem yet none was with as much potential as a Hub.

The Hub will be the centre of your 'Vibe world' containing links to various sections, streams of subscribed items - such as downloads or topics, and your friends' activity whether this be a new post or status update. Everything will be in one place and the beauty of this Hub is that it's for you and only you! No one else will be able to see it and you can customise it with whatever you like and the page can be as empty or as full as you like. Whatever you want can be in the Hub.

gallery_1_1_13815.png

Downloads is a section that most members and guests on the site have used or will use within their time on the site and we don't want to argue with this. As an uploader organisation is key and we want to get the section down to the basics before raising it up again and this is why we've stripped back all unneeded features such as view counter and built it up from scratch.

For starters we thought about teams uploading in which has been done several teams and have made "sections" available to add in. The manager adds people into a section and they can upload and edit at their discretion. Onto this is taking ideas from a forum and an index is created with one root image and description, everything revolves around this with downloads being either singular or multiple at a time in which can be edited on one page before confirmation.

Keeping to this theme download feedback is easier than ever with "threads" being created in order to keep questions and answers together with the uploader/members of the team allowed to open/close these at will.

Rating has also been amended in order to coincide with the reputation system currently in place that gives a better idea on popular downloads but also rewards the maker/makers.

gallery_1_1_5629.png

We'd be lying if we said that challenges aren't a fundamental part of the game and the site as they are. This is why we're dedicating a whole section to them and giving rewards out for completing them.

Before challenges have been for pride but now you get to compete in order to gain XP with the hardest ones needing proof to gain the most XP. You needn't worry though as you can still submit your great challenge ideas in which will be reviewed and amended if needs be by our staff team; this is to ensure only the best challenges get through.

Also normally on the site we only have hard challenges but now you'll be able to get achievements such as "win a game 5-0" in order to further your XP and put yourself on the leaderboards! Who said a challenge has to be impossible? We want to give you every chance to earn XP by playing FMH.

As I touched on above leaderboards will be added as you will be able to see which of your friends has completed certain challenges and also compare your XP and challenge count to theirs. Not only this site-wide leaderboards will be in place over several things such as "most challenges completed" or "most XP" though customisable filters will be present and if you're willing to reveal who you support and your nationality even more will be available.

The fun doesn't stop here though as you complete challenges you can earn custom titles that go beside your name and avatar throughout the site to brag to the world what you've done. These custom titles are similar to Modern Warfare 3 and can be picked by you.

Also in order to keep things fresh and you on your toes an optional time-limit challenge will be available to test your skills to the limits. Proof will be required for these but if you do it then it logs in your profile and you get lots of XP to boost you up the levels.

If you're still bored then 4 challenge cups will be hosted a year for everyone with any numbers allowed, these will be themed and again give you XP as they'll have achievements linked to them and the competing doesn't stop here as you can place XP "bets" with your friends and challenge them to be the best at whatever your heart desires as a challenge. A XP bet is determined and all the XP from the competitors then gets placed into a pot and the winner receives the pot at the end of the date in which the host determines who wins.

gallery_1_1_16290.png

Everyone loves to share their journey in FMH and with this we've thought about making your adventures into a friendlier format.

Contain your database on FMHVibe from your game and write up about certain elements if you wish either by typing your information into the sections in order to get a nice layout for everyone to enjoy or by importing your game straight into the site.

Each of your journeys gets put into a separate career log that can be reviewed and commented on as you wish, however you also get a homepage to view your entire FMH lifetime and also special features such as how many overall games you've won or your best ever XI!

Customisable elements will also be included such as a description of your career, aims for the future and an icon, as well as charts made in order to track your progress through cups or your overall league progress.

This isn't all though! Oh no we have many other facilities to tie into this including the ability to compare two players and to monitor progress of a player through updates whether this be a month or a season or whenever you want to update your game's database on the site.

gallery_1_1_10405.png

Connect yourself with Vibe and your friends through linking your social networking accounts such as Facebook, Youtube and Twitter to the site directly allowing your statuses and information to appear on your account and your friends' streams. Not only this though why not allow yourself to post updates automatically from the site back to some of these such as Facebook in which posts a wall post if you reach a landmark whether this be by levelling up or completing a challenge.

Connection isn't just externally though as you can now subscribe to topics, careers, downloads and other things in order to get deeper into your experience. But subscribing is all well and good but maybe you want to share your latest content with a certain member, all your friends or on Twitter? Well then you can! Every topic, career and profile + more will have an ability to share in various different ways in just a few clicks and this will appear on their notification if part of the site. Distributing your things has never been easier.

Are you sick of PMs too? Chat is now available when you're online (you can toggle this off by going to silent mode) in which allows a Facebook-like messaging system straight to your friends in order to arrange a project with them or for just general chat. This isn't just limited to 1v1 or 1 conversation at a time allowing you to be as optimal and efficient as possible. Don't worry though as if you go offline then the conversation will still be available in your PM box for offline talk too.

Ever wanted to be part of a group? Similar to walls on Facebook and clans in games your player can now join 5 football clubs of your choice whether this is your friend's or your own. This allows you to post directly to the wall, share things with them or just help them get members. It uses a drop-in, drop-out system in which you can choose which 5 you want to display with pride and if you want to join a 6th then you have to select one to leave.

Each player has certain attributes similar to FMH and you can upgrade him by levelling up in order to get more points and with this it increases his rating and also the FC's you've joined. Every club will have an average rating and a squad list (unlimited players) as well as a description and badge (customisable colours and styles from a pre-set selection). The more players and the better the squad then the higher up the leaderboard your FC will be with rewards available throughout the year.

gallery_1_1_9224.png

It will be easier than ever to scout a player or add information on one. Using the careers section you can now create your player guide within minutes. Then give others the opportunity to rate via the reputation system or add their information on by linking their career to the player in which brings out their statistics and a line by the person on the player.

All the ratings are then tallied and the team of the month is then decided.

Finding the right player for you is now even simpler by using advanced searches like in FMH and tagging systems also done by members, and then read up on the player using a two page sheet in which gives all the basic information about the player and his statistics/feedback from members who've used him.

Not only this though every year you'll get the chance to vote for your top 10 players of the version and these will be added up to compile the top 50 of that version for all to see and to cement their place in FMH history. Using this every year the top 100 of all time will be updated to create the ultimate list to make all FMH fans drool.

Some could be argued to be impossible such as winning 5 trophies as 60 clubs in FMH, but a lot to 99% of players could be classed as impossible and for these we have easier and general challenges.

I haven't said about scrapping signatures at all in the post above, that is just you jumping ahead of yourself. Sorry.

There's no date yet, we want to get it right before releasing but these features are confirmed.

I've seen sites go through updates before, but i've NEVER been this excited about an update! Some of these features sound superb, am especially excited about the Hub, that sounds awesome to me.

Really, really excited, keep it up Dec & staff, can't wait until FMHVibe 3.0 is unveiled for good! :D:D:D:D

As I said, this is the initial plans and not the everything. These will be the core segments that make up the upgrade but NOT the final list.

Cheers for the feedback guys :). If you have any ideas please let us know.

Ok dude cheers for the quick reply, looking forward to seeing what else your going to add :D

Will have a think for any ideas, for the site, i do have an idea that may help get you some more people registering/visiting the site if your interested?

Cheers, they're mainly smaller things to these or exisiting features that are to be added but I believe smaller things make a difference yet I wouldn't want to put my eggs all in one basket.

Sure, hit me with it.

I totally agree mate, on a game i play, they edited the feed, and now it looks great, only a small change but one of the best so far :)

Ok i'll PM you so we don't take over the thread :)

Just thought I'd say thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this site, I've found it really helpful and am now a daily visitor. Looking forward to all the new stuff too.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys. Glad to know we are heading in the right direction.

KingHazard - Welcome to the site. We're making the site better for me, you and everyone else to enjoy :).