Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Semplicemente il migliore.

Jayze

Now I know this might seem abit strange, and well yes it is however since my first ever Football Manager-2006 I've had a little tradition. This tradition came about over Easter that year when I played my best ever save. I was managing AS Roma and I played it for a a good 20 seasons at least, so every year since then at the start of the easter holidays I've started a Roma save and generally they've been quite succesful and the career I'm going to share with you is the lates installment. Comments are welcomed however to simply give this career a chance would be also very welcome.

med_gallery_716_43_14456.png

Season 1-2011/2012

Transfers In:

Marco Verrati-£350K

Paul Pogba-£1.5M

Transfers Out:

None

I'm absolutley delighted with the transfers. Both these kids are super and will be world class. The general expectations for the seasona aren't to big so it will be great to be able to see what these lads can do without putting too much pressure on them, however at the same time I still believe that they can lead the club to glory even at this early stage of their development.

Best XI

med_gallery_716_43_14890.jpg

Serie A- 1st-83 Points (Inter 81 Points)

Italian Cup-Quarter Finals-Genoa 2-1 Roma

Europa League-Second Round- Lokomotiv Moscow (2-1) Roma

Top Goalscorer-Marco Borriello-26

Top Assit-David Pizarro-18

Highest AvR-Marco Borriello-8.10

It was a rather strange season. I guess firstly we should focus on the positves-we won the league! It was very special for a number of reasons none more so than the fact at one stage we were 8 points behind AC Milan with less than 15 games to go and they were slap bang in form and to come back from that was special. From February 5th we went on a 15 game unbeaten run which was obviously a major factor in the title, however perhaps the biggest day in the title race was April 22nd. It was the day of the Milan derby and we were away to Siena. We did our job with ease winning 4-1 away, however Inter managed a 1-1 draw with AC, this meant that we went top of the table and from that day onwards we were unmoved, it really was a massive achievement for the club. As far as the Italian Cup is concerned you can't help but feel frustrated.

We coasted past Bari,Bologna and Ascoli however we came un-done away at Genoa. A major factor was the sending off on the stroke of half time for Nicolas Burdisso the score was 0-0 at the time and despite Verrati pulling us level in the 74th minute we eventually crashed out. Alot of the same could be said for the Europa League we were relatively comfortale throughout the various stages and knocked out Spurs in the First Knockout round 4-2 on aggregate after a fantastic second leg display in Rome, however we somehow failed to beat Lokomotiv.

In the first leg we had 69% possesion and 13 shots yet we could only manage a 1-1 draw with Moscow gaining a massive away goal. It was much of the same in Russia, however they caught us on the break and out of the Europa League we go. Overall it was a positive start to life in Rome however there is alot more that can be done to make Roma the powerhouse of Italian and European football.

Sounds like a fun save :)

If I can have a pointer or two, I would ditch the orange and avoid paragraphs as long as the last one. Break it in smaller pieces, so it's easier to read and follow :)

Other than that, I'm looking forward to follow it!

Ah, I see you're using a 3-4-3 ;)

I've always done a Roma save too. And an Athletico Madrid one. Like a tradition. I remember a fair few years ago when as Roma you couldn't make any transfers for the first season. It was a pain lol.

My tradition is MK Dons ;)

I did save once where i purposely bought guys with high aggression to see if it'd allow me to bully my way to the top. Couldn't choose any other team than mk dons. My crazy gang did well but they had most red cards a season every season.

It's actually a 3-5-2, just to burst your bubble :lol:

Well done.

If you want technicalities it is actually a 3-1-3-1-2 ;) Just SAIYAN!

Nice work Jay KIU

Season 2-2012/2013

Transfers In:

Simon Kjaer-£3M

Victor David ®-£3.1M-(January)

Carlos Fierro-£9.5M

Transfers Out:

Bogdnan Lobont-£230K

Aleandro Rosi-£4.2M

Generally I'm quite pleased with the transfers in and out of the club, Simon was simply outstanding last year for us and with an asking price of just £3M it was a no-brainer. Also lads wasn't he meant to be the next big thing? What went wrong? Anyway back to transfers Victor seems to be a very young talented kid, he'll be given time to grow however he could easily be used at some stage in the next few seasons. Is there much to be said about Carlos? He's outstanding and I can't wait to see how he get's on at Roma. The players who left both requested transfers so it was easy enough to ship them out.

380248_AS_Roma.jpg

Serie A-1st 83 Points-(Inter 80 Points)

Italain Cup-Quarter Finals-Roma 1-1p Cagliari

Champions League- 1st Round Barcelona 4-3 Roma (Agg)

Italian Super Cup-Winners-Roma 1-0 Parma

Highest Scorer-Daniel Osvaldo-27

Most Assists-Paul Pogba-15

Highest AvR-Daniel Osvaldo- 8.03

Well I guess it was a succes? We recorded our second league title and to an extent it was quite like the past season, in the last 16 games we lost just twice and that was the setting for the season. I always believe if at the end of January your within 8 points if you win all of your games you'll win the league and that very nearly was the case.

We crashed out of the Italian Cup at the same stage again and it was our own fault. We absolutley battered Cagliari however we could only score once, with some poor defending added to the mixture it was sent to penalties and they got the better of us, it was a very dissapointing end to the Cup run.

The Champions League I couldn't have any complaints from Barcelona are simply outstanding and they in the end were to much for us, however if some poor decsions from the Ref had gone in our favour you never know. We won the firs leg 2-1 in Italy, Verrati and Pjanic with the goals. Back in Spain we could have had atleast 3 penalties, however Barcelona did get one after 30 minutes and Messi scored. We got the all important away goal 5 minutes from the hour mark Osvaldo with the goal, however with just 10 minutes to go Bojan gave Barcelona the lead and in extra time Messi struck again.....

The super cup was pleasing to win.

Still stuck with the PSP. My phone's resolutions are 2 small. Updgrade at Christmas so I'll get it then......If I haven't already got an Ipod........ ;)

I have some tactics that always won me the league but never the cups. Maybe you have a similar one? ;)

I'm not sure tbf Raf as I don't play with a set tactic, however I do later on in the save. ;)

Season 3-2013/2014

Transfers In:

Marc-Andre ter Stegen-£6.75M

Leandro Damiao-£23.5M

Fernando Alves ®-£9.25M

Nicholas Ilari-£130K-(Jan)

Andrea Agostini-£100K-(Jan)

Holger Badstuber FREE-(July)

Transfers Out:

Carlos Fierro-Loan

My most productive transfer window to date, and I'm very pleased with the signings. Marc is a world class keeper and in signing him we're set for atleast 8 years which is really pleasing. In my opinion Leandro is the best striker on the game he consitently delivers and he will definatley be a hit here in Rome that is for sure. Ferndando is also very gifted I expect big things from him. To bring Holger in on a free for next season is excellent he's a solid defender that will become a massive part of the setup.

med_gallery_716_43_24422.jpg

Serie A-2nd-74 Points-(AC 79)

Italian Cup-1st Round- Roma 2-3 Udinese

Champions League-1st Round- Barcelona 3-2 Roma (Agg)

Super Cup-Winners- Roma p2-2 Napoli

Top Scorer-Leandro Damiao-40

Top Assist-Marco Verrati-20

Highest AvR-Leandro Damiao-8.22

Gutting. That is the only word to describe this season, mainly because AC won the league by beating us 3-1 in Milan after being out played for 70 minutes. However we can have ourselves to blame for not winning the league as it was ours for the taking and we should have won it. The late form we show pride in didn't transpire as we won just 6 out of the last 10 games which handed the title to AC.

The Italian Cup? For god's sake this is pathetic. I'm thinking Roma just don't like this competition?

Lighting strikes twice. Except this time we were even closer. We played Barcelona off the park in Spain and somehow managed to lose 1-0. It was a bitter blow as I honestly thought that this was going to be out year, however it was not to be and we'll have to wait to get that elusive Champions League. However we will get it I promise you that.

We won the Super Cup again! WOOOOOO!

Season 4-2014/2015

Transfers In:

Mauro Miglietta ®-£60K

Ruggierp Moretti ®-£60K

Ravel Morrison-£7.5M

Fabio Ciofani ®-£80K

Transfers Out:

Gianluca Curci-£1.1M

Leandro Greco-£2.6M

Overall, it's a solid transfer windown. There isn't alot to change really. However Heinze is getting on abit now, so Fabio is a ready made replacement at 17 he is a class act. With 6 20's he really is impressive. Ravel was too good not to go for and he could work out who know's?

380638_AS_Roma.jpg

Serie A-2nd-83 Points-(AC 88)

Italian Cup- 4th Qualyfying Round-Fiorentina 2-1 Roma

Champions League-Winners- Inter 2-3 Roma

Top Scorer-Leandro Damiao-54

Top Assit-Marco Verrati-35

Highest AvR-Leandro- 8.36

Once again, it wasn't to be. I think really it goes down to losing silly points. However this was most certainly the year of the comeback's. We showed a hell of a lot of spirit and heart this season in certain matches from 2-1 down at Bologona to win 3-2 courtesy of a last minute Pogba striker. Speakin of late and Pogba none can forget the most dramatic Rome derby to date. The board went up for 5 minutes with Lazio 2-1 up at this point a ball comes to the edge of the box where Pogba blasts home to get a point however it wasn't over as we then went up again and this time Verrati drilled home, two goals in stoppage time in the biggest Derby in Italy! However the greatest comeback was surely this?

The Champions League final was an all Italian affair. Inter had finished 5th so we were clear favourites someone hadn't told Inter as they raced into a 2-0 lead thanks to Wesley Sneidjer and Luc Castaignos. However we pulled one back on the hour mark Simon Kjaer heading home and we were leverl just 4 minutes later Kjaer again! With 75 minutes on the clock we got the winner thanks to Marco Verrati....

Seriously what's the point in the Italian Cup? Hur? It's just a tinpot Cup anyway. :unsure:

Oh no :unsure: Hopefully I'll get Seedorf's regen quickly :D

How could you chear on Mateo?

*Cheat

How do you expect an average League 1 side to get a starter for Dinamo? :lol:

Season 5-2015/2016

Transfers In:

Cristiano Ronaldo FREE

Leonardo Romeo ®-£26K

Jack Wilshere-£40.5M

Joe Turner ®-£25M-January (Beckham)

Transfers Out:

Franco Marino LOAN

Ravel Morrison LOAN

Gianluca Caprari-£3.2M

Vincenzso Silvestri-£625K

Daniel Osvaldo-£8M

Very very pleased with the signings made. All of them bar Leanardo are world class players as it is. We were in need of 2/3 and we've got them, despite being 31 Ronnie's stats are still immence and he will be a huge player here. Joe is still only 22 he's got a massive future ahead of him and I cannot wait to see what he can do for us. Jack is still only 24 aswell, he's got atleast 8 years at the top of the game. Oh god we have a great squad.

384186_AS_Roma.jpg

Serie A-1st-90 Points (Juve 75 points)

Champions League-Winners 2-0 Vs Man City

European Super Cup- Winners 3-1 Vs Fiorentina

Italian Cup-Winners 6-0 Vs Empoli ^_^

Club World Championship-Winners 4-1 Vs FAR Rabat

Top Scorer-Leandro Damiao-50

Top Assist-Jack Wilshere-38

Highest AvR-Leandro Damiao-8.29

Most MoM-Leandro Damaio-14

BOOYAAA!

We're back on the top of Italian football and rightly were we deserve to be we were magnificant through out and that can be seen through the point gap. I think we've always been short of a couple of world class players and bar the Leandro signing this summer was the first time we really spent big in bringing in Jack and then of course in the winter Joe. Also let's be honest ay? That Ronaldo lad is far from shabby either. Overall in the league it was a great year for us.

Winning the Champions League is always pleasing, however this had some great moments. The Final itself was great beating City-ahem. However the road to the final was just as good. In the first knockout round we were paired with the Arsenal with the first leg in London. We went there and won 1-0 thanks to Leandro, however the second leg we steam rolled them 6-2! In the Quarter final second leg in Madrid, Atletico were 1 goal away from going through on away goals and then Miralem Pjanic blasted us into the last 4. It was a great season.

WE WON THE ITALIAN CUP. That is all.

The other competitions are not the biggest however it's still very nice to win them. And this was the year that Nicolo Siniscalchi was promoted to the Roma first team. You'll see alot more of him later on.