• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Close to death?

FootballFan2000

Close to death?

grim%20reaper.jpg

I thought the picture would make this thread appealing :lol:

I was wondering, has anyone on this forum escaped death?

I have once, it doesn't sound so convincing but it did happen, so here it goes; I was 6-7 in a country called Kazakhstan (below Russia) on holiday and I fell from a 2-3 metre side walk. I didn't expect it to happen because I slipped and landed on my head. I had a concussion and a rather large crack in my skull. There was no bleeding, but the doctors thought that I had a brain injury, luckily enough my skull didn't crack so far that it would effect my brain but 1-2 metres higher I could of died.

So what are your stories?

I've never been close to death, or not that I remember. I've nearly been hit by a few cars but they weren't going fast enough to do any damage so I would've been fine.

Closest I have been to death/serious injury was on a drunken night out on a social in Aberystwyth.

It was the 21st of February 2012 and I was out on a Doctor Who social. The aim was to chase the committee members (The good guys) around town in order to gain points for the social. I had drunk 3 gahs (A drink from a pub, 4 shots of vodka, 1 shot of tropical sourz topped up with Lemonade) so I pretty plastered. Anyways I was chasing one of the committee members and in my drunken state we ran across the road. They were very lucky and just avoided the car, however I was not and I ended being hit. Thankfully I slid across the bonnet of the car and ended up unharmed but on the floor. To me had I not been drunk then that would of hurt. But like a true student I did not let the hit affect me and I got straight back up, the social had to end as of it and I continued drinking and clubbing.

misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

My misses got ran over 4 years ago walking out of school, if she was an inch taller she would have died due to the way she hit her head.

I was in a pretty gruesome car crash that took the lives of two of my friends but just wasn't man enough to take me.

It totally fcuked me up though was in intensive care for months with a list of injuries longer than my penis ... which is long trust me.

Other than falling off a few cliffs in the Scottish Highlands (which shook me up much more than hurting me) then never which is kinda lucky given that I spend 99% of my time doing extreme sports >.>

Nearly drowned, almost broke my neck, I was chased down and taken down by a hyena (joking) and almost got run over by two cars and a bus.

Suffice to say, I need to be more careful.

Only time I've ever spent an uncomfortable amount of time underwater was when surfing and ignoring the beach break ;) Being careful is optional, you'll get less stories to tell that way. :D

Once I was sandboarding - yes, we don't have much snow in brazil. I was in some isolated dunes, and I fell on my back. I couldn't breath for some seconds, and was gasping for air that was not coming. There was no one around, so I got really scared. But I managed to survive eventually :P

I ran across the road one time and got hit by the car and rolled onto it's roof and slid off before getting up and running off.

Erm I don't know if this counts because it is the threat of death but not beaing near death but I've had a shotgun pointed at my, oh and one time i had a knife to my throat.

Oh and one time I was abseiling and the guy doing the ropes was releasing them too fast so I was rushing to keep up and i got my foot stuck on one of the grips on the wall and it sent me upside down and i just started hurtling to the ground, luckily the guy on the ropes is pretty hench and managed to stop it with my head about 30cms from the floor.

Just remembered this but i was nearly stabbed a few years back when someone i didn't get on with jumped me on an escalator and put a knife to the bottom of my back, thankfully my mates came around the corner and got him off me before he had the chance to do anything else.

I will get you back Jens. Remember I am always watching you ;).

Jay - Unsure how you know as you've never spoken to me.

I have never been close to death I don't think.

I will get you back Jens. Remember I am always watching you ;).

Jay - Unsure how you know as you've never spoken to me.

I have never been close to death I don't think.

What about that time in Egypt when you were riding a camel?

Dangerous creatures, they are ;)

I was about an inch from being run over by a car going about 30mph after the Stone Roses concert last Sunday, but apart from that, i'm invincible ;)

Think I've almost drowned about 9 times when I was younger for various reasons, couldnt swim, got hit in the head by a rock while in the pool, snapped my ankle while unconscious underwater :/ loads of crap, why I refuse to go anywhere near deep water now (Y)

Oh and I've also been hit by a car which would of killed me if I hadnt of moved at the last second a tiny bit to the left :L

That's about it I think, feel about 10ft off a cliff onto my face from off a bmx but was completely fine :L so don't think that counts :)