Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Improving the tactical element

Dec

gallery_1_1_6611.png

Now everyone knows the Android/iOS tactics are limited and though have improved with the inclusion of custom formations no one can argue that the PSP still has the advantage in this field.

"So Dec what can we do?" I hear you ask well for me there's a simple idea that doesn't add as much depth as the PSP counterpart but still allows more specific tactics and ways of negotiating rivals. I dub this idea 'My amazing idea that will improve FMH's tactics for Android and iOS but still not as much as the PSP tactics but still amazing and will help the game in this side a lot.'

Anyway onto the idea, it is a fairly simple one which can be customised and expanded at will. Under the player roles set on the player role screen there will be icons that can be toggled on and off that are determined by position and player role itself. The user can select none, one or multiple of these and they can determine how your player/s plays in order to allow more depth in rectifying a problem or in order to combat an opposition.

What can these be? Well a defender may have the ability to man mark the nearest player or press as often as possible for example. A creative midfielder/winger could be set as a playmaker which means your players will feed the ball to him as much and/or could be given a free role to allow him to do what he does best as they can and a midfielder/striker could be set to shoot on sight.

As you can see each one has pros and cons to the game but gives each player an emphasis/specific game plan and although these are only examples they could give tactics that extra kick.

What do you think? Post below!

Nice article, but I think that it would be very helpful of you could have some graphical visualization of the system - like a mock-up tactical screen, for example :)

Thanks Rafa, I don't have any screens of what I want at the moment and am going out soon so will do in the future hopefully, but I think I managed to explain it well enough and it is more about the concept than the looks.

I think that there are changes to both that can be made. I think the PSP should have the set player roles (Target Man, Wing Back etc.) rather than having to make them thorugh the Players Instruction but then I think that these can be changed. Say if yo have a D/FC but you want him to play as a Target Man but he has extremely good tackling and marking, I'd want him to be able to mark as well, but Target Man would prevent him from doing this.

Matt, I really doubt the PSP is going to have anything that big on it though. Also why would you want a Target Man to mark an opposition defender? Surely you want him to press but not be too close in case of a quick turnover, hence why it could be limited by position/player role.

What do you think of the actual ideas proposed?

Nice article Dec, I think it would be great with these new tactical changes - it would mean you could make players do what they are good at, and not just a set instruction.

Thanks Lewiitom, that was a third of my reasoning, the other two were allowing greater tactical units (e.g. creating a real life one or performing each how you envisage it) and also in order to allow you to combat a certain teams' threat or exploit a weakness.

I think these changes would certainly make the tactical approach to the game more realistic. I sometimes think that FMH is unrealistic when a player scores. Someimes the scorer is alone 1-on-1 with he Keeper with the defenders in your half of the pitch. With options like these implicated, the game will improve massively.

Great article Dec. I do kind of miss the graphics and images, though. Hopefully, there will be some soon :)