Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 New Revolution

TenDirection

Roberto Di Matteo Appointed Chelsea's Manager

536736_3513376630281_548432713_n.jpg

It has today been announced that English Premier League giants Chelsea F.C. have agreed a 4 years managerial contract with Italian manager Roberto Di Matteo. Di Matteo took charge of Chelsea in March as a caretaker manager after the sacking of Andre Vilas Boas. In that few months in charge he guided Chelsea to the FA Cup and UEFA Champions League. A remarkable feat for a manager who used to manage MK Dons in 2008 and was sacked by West Bromich Albion in 2011.

After achieving Roman Abramovich goal by winning the Champions League he was quickly offered the 4 year contract worth to be a rumoured 45 Grand a week. Roman Abramovich said "I believe Roberto Di Matteo is the right man to lead us into the glory days, I have full trust in him with how he manages the team,"

Roberto Di Matteo will be having his first press conference as Chelsea's manager in 2 days time at Stanford Bridge.

Cheers for reading. Please ask questions for the press conference. I will be taking this career slowly to make it a good story.

[b]Journalist's Name:[/b] Matthew, Ege, Ash, etc

[b]Company:[/b] Daily Mail, Sky Sport, ESPN, etc

[b]Question:[/b]

Journalist's Name: Ash

Company: Horse and Hound magazine (Nice Notting Hill joke ;))

Question:

Is Hazard a target? If he is a target is he one of yours or the owners? What role will Spanish forward Fernando Torres have within the squad?

Press Conference

med_gallery_3609_40_5588.jpg

Bruce Buck: Welcome everybody to Roberto Di Matteo's first press conference in charge at Chelsea. We had a few names in our list for the managerial candidate but Roman Abramovich choice was certain. He wanted to reward Roberto Di Matteo a 3 year contract after winning the Champions League.

Roberto Di Matteo: I am delighted to be offered a contract at such a big club. I used to play for Chelsea in the 90s as a player and I am now blessed to also be a manager at this club. Very few people know that 4 years ago I was managing MK Dons, A League 1 club and now I am in charge of a big England club. I promise the fans that I will fight for this club and give my all in everything I do in this club.

Who are your main transfer targets? Sky Sport

Roberto Di Matteo: I will be aiming for young players with high potential to replace the older players at the club. I can't say who the players are because that will just unsettle them at their current club but I can assure you I have a shortlist of names and we have already sent in a transfer offer to the players clubs.

What Players At The Club Do You Think Could Improve Their Perfomances At The Club? Daily Mirror

Roberto Di Matteo: I believe the likes of Nathaniel Chalobah, Josh McEachran and Thibaut Courtois and a lot of younger players are the future of this club. I believe we can develop them into top World Class players but for now the likes of Michael Essien, David Luiz and Petr Cech can improve the performance at the club and with the players I have shortlisted together they can build Chelsea up into a one of the biggest club in England.

Is Hazard a target? If he is a target is he one of yours or the owners? What role will Spanish forward Fernando Torres have within the squad? Horse and Hound magazine

Roberto Di Matteo: I can say that we (Chelsea) have already agreed on a deal to sign Eden Hazard. He was one of the owners target as they believe he will be a quality player for the club. For now Fernando Torres is the best striker at the club after Didier Drogba left due to his contract expiring.

Roberto Di Matteo: That's it for today guys, Thank you all for coming to this press conference. Its a pleasure to be with you guys tonight.

Chelsea Releases Jerseys for 2012/2013

chelsea1220x220.pngchelsea2220x220.pngchelsea3220x220.png

Roberto Di Matteo and chairman Bruce Buck has released the new Chelsea jerseys which will be used for the 2012/13 season. The jersey features a faded Chelsea logo at the bottom left of the jersey. The jersey is manufactured by American based company, Adidas and is sponsored by Samsung.

Michael Essien named Chelsea captain

med_gallery_3609_40_14468.jpg

Roberto Di Matteo has announced that Ghanaian midfielder, Michael Essien will be the new captain of Chelsea Football Club for the 2012/2013 season. Roberto Di Matteo stated that Michael Essien has the experience to guide Chelsea forward and believe that Essien is the right man to take on the captain's armband. Michael Essien stated that he is over the moon to be selected as captain of Chelsea.

Cheers for reading guys.