Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Brendan Rodgers Red Army

BrendanRodgers_1472387a.jpg

It has been announced that Brendan Rodgers is the new Liverpool manager. Fenway sports group are delighted to have seal this deal and hope that they have made the right decision. The owners hope that Liverpool can qualify for europe in the first season at least. After that they will be hoping for the prem and european success.

Rodgers is "delighted to have this opportunity at such a huge club" and hopes to return the champions league to Anfield. transfer budget will be around 8.5million.

A press conference will be held later with questions open to all.

leave comments on what you would like to know at the press conference like:
journalist's name eg; ash, rafa, dec Company eg; sky sports, bbc, espn Question: 

by the way i have stolen Tendirection's career idea :) hope its okay :)

by the way this is not based on real life. I'm only doing this because it looks like rodgers will be manager

comments for press conference please?

Am assuming you've seen the announcement on BBC then?

Just Incase You Haven't

journalist's name: RayJayOkocha

Company: Liverpool Echo

Question: So Brendan, do you think you can do better than that clown of a former manager, Kenny Dogleash? Also, do you have any transfer targets in mind, we've heard rumours Messi is flying in tonight, how true are they?

Can we try and get a couple of more questions and I will do the press conference? Please even if it is the same person with a couple of questions thanks :)

Brendan Rodgers has "controversially" sold a few key players! The names of thes players will be announced soon, however he feels he has made fantastic signings.

So in anfield, there was a press conference....

... with only two people; RayJayOkocha and Ash

Ray: I have huge amounts of respect for my good friend Kenny Dalglish. I think he is a wonderful manager but very unlucky in the league, I am hoping for at least a top6 finish in first season, I have my eyes on a few players and i have bought a couple of cracking players :)

Ash: I have been looking at Swansea's team, but i don't plan on buying any Swansea players as they have not got the young talent and quality i need. However, I bought Darnel Situ as he is a good prospect centre back :)

anymore questions are welcome and i will answer them straight in a comment :)

Tom Hodge

Daily Mirror

What are your targets and aims for the season ahead? And which squad players do you rate the most currently?

August 2011 transfer update:

Brendan Rodgers has released a statement regarding his transfer decisions:

Brendan's Statement:

I have sold a few key players;

Daniel Agger (18m Ac Milan)

Maxi Rodriguez (13m Spurs)

Alberto Aquilani (8.75m arsenal)

these were all offers I could not refuse. i have sold a few fringe players;

Fabio Aurelio (2.4m Napoli)

Nathan Ecclestone (released- no future at club)

Raheem sterling, jack robinson, Jonjo shelvey (loaned out)

I have made 3 signings which i believe will help the club massively;

Eden Hazard (25m+dirk kuyt)

Hazard.jpg

Toby Alderwield (1m+jordan henderson)

Toby_Alderweireld.jpg

Darnel Situ (3m)

SITU_DARNEL.jpg

I personally believe these signings are fantastic for the club, Young players aswell, this is sticking to my policy of young stars signed.

I am rather happy about not dipping into the clubs funds and i spent just over half of what i gained

spent on players: 29mil

received for players: 42mil

comments :)

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Brendan Rodgers has made two shock deadline day transfers;

Jack Rodwell (12m)

JackRodwell_2311643.jpg

Jack has fantastic stats and is a great prospect for the future at 20. As you can see he is excited about joing Liverpool ;)

Joao Moutinho (10.5m)

70098.jpg

Joao will fit into our squad straight away, nearly every stat is green and none are under 10, this is before IT

Brendan is disappointed about spending 10mil of the clubs money, he has vowed to get this back for FSG. FSG are delighted by all these signings, and know they have chosen the right man aas he is also trying to make them money.

money spent: 52mil

received: 42mil

Great signings mate :) KIU mate :)

thanks mate :) KEEP READING!

Great work mate, lovely signing in Hazard fella :D

Who needs Messi when you have Hazard eh? i thought £25mil plus Dirk Kuyt was a bargain for such a great player. KEEP READING PLEASE!!!!

I will keep reading mate, i wouldn't beg though, it can be a turn-off. It's going well Rodwell is a good buy for the future and Moutinho...i'd call him the Portugueese Gerrard ;)

I'll try and do an update every month(or two) so I can keep you guys reading :) will be doing this instead of my unemployed challenge so updates should be regular :) PLEASE KEEP READING AND COMMENTING EVERYONE!!!!

I will keep reading mate, i wouldn't beg though, it can be a turn-off. It's going well Rodwell is a good buy for the future and Moutinho...i'd call him the Portugueese Gerrard ;)

I'm not begging, just so that I don't feel lonely in here :)

can't wait for a season update. KIU mate :)

thanks mate :)

september:

QPR H : 2-1

West brom A; 0-0

West ham LC A: 1-2 :(

Everton H 1-1

Man city A 3-1 :)

dTz07.png we only need 9 men :)

Brendans statement: i'm disappointed about the league cup exit and the draws but I'll blame it on the team not gelled together yet.

Upcoming:

Bolton H

Fulham A

Chelsea H

How do you guys think I will get on in october? How about my September?

Comments :)

Feel free to ask Brendan any questions

October:

Bolton H: 0-1

Fulham A: 0-5 :(

Chelsea H: 1-1

2losses and a draw :( the fulham game...let's not talk about that.

Brendan :

I'm extremely disappointed with this month! I will hope to et the results back on track

Any questions for Brendan?

Now that I look t Decs yes it is similar I suppose :)

Ok, cool. Sounds like a great career in the making. Amazing buy in Hazard - Chelsea should have bought him like they did in real life. Haha

Thanks mate :) yeah they didn't have a chance because I snapped him up with money i got from anger and rodriguez :)

Edit... Agger*

Next time can you just edit your post please, thank you :)