Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Remember the Name

United58

We all support one football team or another, and they all have youth academies of one size or another. Inevitably, we get excited when a player with real ability comes through our own club's academy - Danny Welbeck has been causing a stir for nearly ten years.

This is your chance to wax lyrical and harp on about your own club's prospects - who's going to make it? Who's the next Ryan Giggs? Micah Richards? John Terry? Jack Wilshere? Now's your time to tell us

Jack Barmby

Mats Moller Daehli

Andres Periera

Davide Pettruci (Doubt it will be with us)

Will Keane-Good luck with the recovery kid.

Andres Periera

He'll be massive. Will Keane may not spend the majority of his career with us due to Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernández, Henríque but he'll be a great player too if he recovers ok

Lucas Piazon

Nathaniel Chalobah

Ulises Davillia

Matej Delac

Tomas Kalas

Patrick Van Aanholt

Romelu Lukaku

Conor Clifford

Islam Feruz

Nathan Ake

Lucas Piazon

Nathaniel Chalobah

Ulises Davillia

Matej Delac

Tomas Kalas

Patrick Van Aanholt

Romelu Lukaku

Conor Clifford

Islam Feruz

Nathan Ake

Most of them were signed (Piazon £7m, Lukaku £18m)

Doesn't mean they are apart of our Academy.

A lot of Uniteds 'youth' were poached to United from other clubs, yet you seemingly pass them off as their own.

Andres Periera

He'll be massive. Will Keane may not spend the majority of his career with us due to Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernández, Henríque but he'll be a great player too if he recovers ok

Andreas will be simply stunning. Like a Higuian/Xavi hybrid :wub:

A lot of Uniteds 'youth' were poached to United from other clubs, yet you seemingly pass them off as their own.

Ollie's got a point. I think it should be just that they're in the academy as the only one I mentioned that is home grown is Jack.

Fully agree, and Lukaku went straight into the first team/reserves

None for any substantial fee, certainly not £7m or £18m. Also when did I pass them off as our own?

the only one I mentioned that is home grown is Jack

Will Keane? I can't find any info on when we got him, but surely he is?

Not you persay, but United in general.

What we spent £28m on 3 players; Kalas, Piazon and Lukaku. Kalas was loaned straight back out to the club he came from to aid him along. Lukaku is in the void between first team and reserves as is Piazon.

Everyone else is in the academy bar Bertrand, Kakuta, Courtois and Hutchinson who are substitutes/loaned out to top clubs who can challenge for titles for first team action.

Compared to United who loan there players out who have 'potential' to some unknown Belgian club for 5 years and then get rid of them as they don't think they have the talent.

Note; Robert Ron-Zieler now 3rd choice keeper for Germany, Gerard Pique (took from Barcelona as he was from Barcelona, sold back to them and is now one of the worlds leading defenders and a 2 time Champions League winner) and Giuseppe Rossi one of Italys main strikers.

No, Im saying that United loan them out to useless clubs to make them seem better than what they are. They can't perform and then United get rid of them.

Reports are that this great Andres Periera Paka and Jay are going on about is that he will be going on loan to some second division Belgian club to follow the footsteps of Ebanks-Blake, Craig Cathcart and others (I am not big on the name of former promising youth from United)

Ollie, why do you hate us so much? Welbeck was at Preston, cleverley was at Leicester and Watford, O Shea went to the 'useless' Antwerp and has more CL appearances than John terry. Are they all useless players? Beckham was out on loan too. Our academy has produced Duncan Edwards, George best, bobby charlton, mark Hughes, Paul Scholes (who you say we can't cope without), David beckham, Philip and gary Neville and Ryan Giggs among manu others who all went on to become footballing legends.

Chelsea's only half decent youth player is John terry. They signed a teenager for 18m and he hasn't made a start yet!

Don't throw stones if you have a glass house

^ That

Also you're saying our only decent player from our academy is JT. Let me tell you these legends, up and coming stars and others playing for top clubs either for Chelsea or at other clubs.

Brothers Ron and Allan Harris, Peter Bonetti, Bobby Tambling, Barry Bridges, Bert Murray, John Hollins, Peter Osgood, Ray Wilkins, Graeme Le Saux, Bobby Smith, Terry Venables, Jimmy Greaves, John Terry, Frank Sinclair, Jeffrey Bruma, Mikael Forssell, Robert Huth, Carlton Cole, Mbark Boussoufa (Playing at the second richest club in the world), Miroslav Stoch, Muzzey Izzet, Michael Mancienne and Andy King.

Now the only 'decent' one is a bit of an overstatement.

I wasn't talking about all time, I was talking about now. We have players like Giggs, Scholes, Welbeck, Cleverley, Fletcher, Evans getting regular football. O'Shea, Brown and Neville all left last year.

If you want to go on all time - We went from 1937 to 2011 in every game playing at least one home grown player. No club can touch us with regards to home grown players.

Look, you're refering to players like Carlton Cole and Michael Mancienne to back yourself up.

I don't see nothing wrong with using them. They are solid players not cut out to be at the top. But they are getting regular first team actions at their respective clubs

I don't see nothing wrong with using them. They are solid players not cut out to be at the top. But they are getting regular first team actions at their respective clubs

No, Im saying that United loan them out to useless clubs to make them seem better than what they are. They can't perform and then United get rid of them.

No club can touch you in term of home grown players?! Have you ever heard of Liverpool FC? I'm a chelsea fan aswell and I'll admit yes we do use a lot of foreign talent, but as Ollie said we do produce a lot of home grown quality players.

But back to my main point, Liverpool is the club that produces many quality English players, and there the ones that can't be touched. United are up there, but Liverpool are top.

Reports are that this great Andres Periera Paka and Jay are going on about is that he will be going on loan to some second division Belgian club to follow the footsteps of Ebanks-Blake, Craig Cathcart and others (I am not big on the name of former promising youth from United)

Reports? Are they now? Ha. Well that's Bull straight up. A) He's not B) He's 16/17 ffs! C) He's not even had a year at U 18's due to us messing up his registration. So why on earth would he be going out on loan. The Shinji hasn't scored against Bayern and now this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You say you back up all your accusations. Back that one up. And the club is Antwerp. We have a link with them, like you do with Vitesse? Is it them? Someone from Holland atleast!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't mess with my sources 98% of the time they are correct ;)

Matej Delac was 16 when he made first team action for NK Inter Zapresic in goal and before reports reached the UK about him joining Chelsea I had seen them and watched the lad. This is how up to date my sources are around Chelsea. I can just ask them and they are more than likely to find one for United. I did asked about Periera and he is being linked with a move to Belgium where he is likely to play for the next five years like many others.

Yes we are linked to Vitesse and many players go there but we are also getting in links with Croatia, the Czech Republic and Romania.

And there is nothing wrong with Cole and Mancienne they are fine players. Cole for instance has played 11 of 12 seasons in the Premier League! And Mancienne was loaned out to QPR (2nd richest club in England at the time) and Wolves who were both consistently pushing for promotion to the PL.

In 1992/1993 Keith Gillespie of United was highly rated playing along side with Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Gary and Savage for the United youth squad winning the youth cup. Then compared to the rest until he was sold to Newcastle and shone there. Following up with shining at Blackburn. And slowly working his way down the leagues playing for less known teams like many other United 'hopefuls'.

None for any substantial fee, certainly not £7m or £18m.

Do you remember Bebe? ;)