Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 England

fmhwhite

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and don't really know 100% on how to do this, but i'll have a try. I didn't know who to do the career with, so I thought to start of with my national side England and see where it goes from there. I looked at some other posts to get some ideas on how to do this so if im doing anything wrong please let me know. Thanks.

Mason's the suprise new face of England

england_national_team.png

England have 4 friendlies arranged around their European Qualifying group matches which are scheduled against Switzerland, Montenegro and Bulgaria. The first game Tyler Mason is going to have to face is a friendly at Wembley vs Andora. Should be an easy win. Mason had an unusual choice of players for his midfield as he decided to call up David Beckham for the game. Also Ledley King was left out, while 19 year Phil Jones was called up. John Terry and Rio Ferdinand both had their positions at the back, while Micah Richards was going to be given a chance.

Steven-Gerrard-300x300.jpg

The team that lined up to face Andora was Joe Hart, Micah Richards, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Scott Parker, Steven Gerrard, Theo Walcott, Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young. Mason set his team out in an attacking 4,5,1 formation which see's his wide players interact with goal poacher Wayne Rooney. Scott Parker was laying deep, whilst Steven Gerrard played the role of a box-to-box midfielder. Frank Lampard had quite a free role whilst being the play maker of the team. The first half got of to a great start for England, having 63% of the posesion, but none of the 9 shots had gone in. Wayne Rooney did get on the end of a Steven Gerrard free kick just 3 minutes before the half time interval with a cooly taken header from the edge of the box. The two sides came out in the second half, the same way they went in, and it wasn't long before another goal came, this time it was Steven Gerrard setting up Frank Lampard with a little lay off and a ferse hit from 20yards flew into the back of the net. with about 30minutes of the game to go Mason made his first 6 substitutes as England manager, John Terry came of for Gary Cahill, Rio Ferdinand made way for Jolien Lescott, Ashley Cole left the field for Leighton Baines, Frank Lampard was replaced by Jack Wilshire, Aaron Lennon replaced Theo Walcott and David Backham came on for Steven Gerrard. England had took control of the game and were passing the ball around very well, and the 3rd goal came in the 88th minute when Jack Wilshire finished of a supurb team effort to put the game to bed at 3-0.

ff64884f32282ced6aa85ad4074682e8.jpg

Tyler Mason has already named his 26 man squad for the qualifying games against Switzerland, Montenegro and Bulgaria. Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (MCY) Ben Foster (WBA) Defenders: Micah Richards (MCY) Glen Johnson (LIV) Gary Cahill (CHE) John Terry (CHE) Phil Jones (MNU) Rio Ferdinand (MNU) Jolien Lescott (MCY) Leighton Baines (EVE) Ashley Cole (CHE) Midfielders: Aaron Lennon (TOT) Theo Walcott (ARS) Scott Parker (TOT) Steven Gerrard (LIV) Frank Lampard (CHE) David Beckham (LAG) Jack Wilshire (ARS) James Milner (MCY) Adam Johnson (MCY) Gareth Barry (MCY) Forwards: Wayne Rooney (MNU) Ashley Young (MNU) Daniel Sturridge (CHE) Andy Carroll (LIV) Danny Welbeck (MNU)

Standing by as back-up incase one of those above get injured before the team is submitted is goalkeeper Frank Fielding (BLA), Michael Dawson (TOT) and Chris Smalling (MNU), Michael Carrick (MNU) and Jordan Henderson (LIV) and Darren Bent (AST) and Jermain Defoe (TOT).

Tyler Mason says We really want to win, no matter who it's against or what it's for, we are here to win, nothing less. The players we have got are capable of big things, and we'll try our best to produce big things. It's been far too long since this country has won anything, and i think its about time we changed that. Strong statment their by the new manager, but i guess that just goes to show that he is aiming high, and doesn't want to disapoint.

As I said im not to sure on how to do these things, if this is right so far, i will follow it up as my career progresses. Thanks any feedback is welcome.

Great and good luck! If you can do this much updates for every game I will be impressed and if you do well you could be up for career of the month :) good luck and KIU

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll do the next stage in just a moment. And Beckham isn't too bad, im a fan of him aswell, crossing (19) dribbling (16) Passing (19) Tackling (16) Tequnique (16) Decisions (18) Leadership (17) Movement (17) Positioning (17) so he isn't all that bad. Plus he'll probably retire before I choose the full Euro squad.

The first 5 group games England had played under manager Fabio Capello, but this time it was under new management, and some new players called up. Mason had the hardest of the games left first up against Switzerland on the 2nd of September, then he would face Montenegro on the 6th, and over a month after that, he would go up against Bulgaira on the 11th of October.

multimedia-background-image-for-england-press-conference-with-glen-johnson-462398532.jpg

Glen Johnson took part in a pre match press confrence the day before the game against Montenegro and he say's 'All the players here in the England camp were surprised about the FA's decision to appoint Mason, but he's a good man and we all expect he'll do a good job', the atmosphere around England at the moment is all anxiety to see how the new manager will cope. The manager was faced with his first problem when Danny Welbeck was hit with injury scare and was out for 3 week, so Darren Bent was called up to replace him.

wembley-stadium1.jpg

The starting II to face Switzerland was Joe Hart, a back four of Micah Richards, Gary Cahill, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, three central midfielders of Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker and Frank Lampard, whilst Ashley Young and Aaron Lennon play either side of Wayne Rooney. England go into this game favourates at 4-6, while a Switzerland is 7-2. John Terry was suspended and Theo Walcott suffured injury in training and will be out for almost a month.

The first half got going, and it was quite entertaining as England pushed for the opening goal, but they found it hard getting the ball past Benaglio, until Wayne Rooney opened the scorng in the 45th minute with a solo goal taking the ball past the two centre backs Johan Djourou and Phillippe Senderos and putting the ball into the back of the net from the edge of the area. England were pretty comfortable in the second half, until the Swiz hit on the counter attack and Erin Derdiyok leveled the score with a wanderful goal. England went more attacking after the equaliser and they came close to scoring on a number of occasions but were unable to break through. As the game came to a close Jolien Lescott received a yellow card after a tackle which forced Erin Derdiyok off the pitch with an injury. The games fininshed 1-1.

England-vs-Switzerland-in-Euro-2012-Qualifying-at-Wembley-500x388.jpg

The next game for England was just 5 days later when Montenegro visited Wembley. After the 1-1 draw to Switzerland England players can go into the game feeling confident from their performance, but just hope that the game goes their way this time.

wembley-stadium1.jpg

Team to play Montenegro: Hart , G Johnson , Terry , Lescott , Cole , Lennon , Gerrard , Beckham , A Johnson , Rooney , Sturridge Subs: Foster , Parker , Wilshire , Lampard , Cahill , Richards , Bent

England favourates going into the game with odds on the at 1-6. 10-1 Montenegro and 5-1 draw. Theo Walcott was still out but John Terry was able to play. The game being played at Wembley and pressure is on Enlgand as the group get tighter.

First half was kicked off by Montenegro, and they went straight on the attck, but as they did, a tackle from John Terry and a pass up field to Wayne Rooney force a corner. From that that corner Wayne Rooney lost his marker as Beckham put the ball in and put England up inside the first 2minutes. Wayne Rooney came close to his second minutes before half time, but Palovic was up to the challenge and pulled out a great save. The second half got under way and it was the same two players again, when Wayne Rooney received the ball at the edge of the box from David Beckham and put the ball past Djuric after 58minutes. Darren Bent came on the make his first appearance under Tyler Mason in replace for Daniel Sturridge, while Jack Wilshire replaced Adam Johnson after 70 minutes.Whistle goes for full time, Mason has his first Euro win as manager with the score at 2-0.

112559hp2.jpg

Last game of the Euro qualifying group stage was agianst Bulgaria, and this was going to prove a tough test as England needed a point or they wouldn't qualify. England were favourites once again,

with odds on them to win at 4-6, draw 9-4 and Bulgaria win was 7-2. Match to be played at Hernando Siles Stadium.

21522760.jpg

The game was started and straight away Bulgaria goalkeeper Vasil Papov was forced off with an injury, and it has been quite a quiet game until around 30minutes mark when the first clear chance fell to the feet of Jack Wilshire when he found himfelf one-on-one with Popov replacment Simeonov, and he lived up to the task with a brilliant save. The late substitutes Andy Carroll, and Frank Lampard couldn't do enough in the dying moments of the game, but a very quiet game finished 0-0. Wasn't a very entertaining game but England got their point and earned qualification.

The group stages had now finished, and what some may say had been quite dissapointing, even though new manager Tyler Mason hasn't lost a game yet, start to the European Championship while finishing in 2nd through goal difference. The table finished:

1st Switzerland 8 4 2 2 15 7 8 14

2nd England 8 4 2 2 11 9 2 14

3rd Wales 8 4 0 4 7 10 -3 12

4th Bulgaria 8 3 1 4 9 12 -3 10

5th Montenegro 8 2 1 5 6 10 -4 7

England manager had this too say after the game against Bulgaria, 'It wasn't the best the team is capable of, we have got past this part, but still not guaranteed a place in the Euro's. We'll wait for the draw to come out, and as long as we don't have to face Holland I'm sure we'll be favourites.'

England a Switzerland will join the other teams who qualified from their groups. Who are Germany, Belgium, Turkey just missing out on qualifying in that group, whilst Austria, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan also drop out of the competition from group 1. In group 2 Russia and Slovakia got through the group whilst leaving a 7 point gap between them and their nearest contender Ireland. FYR Macedonia, Armenia and Andorra also are knocked out from group 2. Group 3 sore Italy and Serbia comfortably qualify, after beating Slovenia, N.Ireland, Estonia, and Faroe Islands to the top 2. France and Boznia & Herz were the team who got through group 4, whilst Romania, Belarus, Albania, and Luxembourg drop out of the completion. Sweden beat Holland to the top spot in group 5, although Holland still qualified, which meant it was the end of the road for Hungary, Finland, San Marino, and Moldova. Group 6 sore group favourates Croatia finish in a dissapointing 4th, and join Georgia, Malta and Latvia out of the competiton whilst Israel and Greece continue. Group 7 is where England and Switzerland beat of Bulgaria, Wales and Montenegro to qualify. Group 8 sore another strong side in Denmark leave the competition after they were beaten to the 2nd spot by Norway. Portugal also qualified, whilst Iceland and Cyprus join Denmark. The last group, group 9, sore pre competition favourates Spain win their group unbeaten, while Scotland join then after finishing 1 point higher than the Czech Republic. Lithuania and Liechtenstein also have their Euro 2012 hope crushed.

So the teams that are through are: Germany, Belgium, Russia, Slovakia, Italy, Serbia, France, Bosnia & Herz, Sweden, Holland, Israel, Greece, Switzerland, England, Portugal, Norway, Spain, Scotland.

The Playoff teams are – Belgium, Slovakia, Serbia, Bosnia, Holland, Greece, England, Norway and Scotland. And the Euro play off draw has taken place; (matches to take place on 12 November 2011)

Belgium – Greece

Holland – Scotland

Norway – Bosnia & Herz

Slovakia – England

Second Leg to be played on 15th November

Greece – Belgium

Scotland – Holland

Bosnia & Herz. - Norway

England - Slovakia

The play off game has resulted in a cancellation of a England vs South Korea friendly which was due to take place. The English Football Associations also expects England to beat of Slovakia and qualify for the Euro's.

Edit: first sentance from 'first 7' to 'first 5'

The squad for the England – Slovakia tie has been submitted. Adam Johnson and Leighton Baines were both dropped from the squad through injury. Andy Carroll also misses out on a place in the team. Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (MCY) Ben Foster (WBA) Defenders: Glen Johnson (LIV) Micah Richards (MCY) Ashley Cole (CHE) John Terry (CHE) Phil Jones (MNU) Chris Smalling (MNU) Gary Cahill (CHE) Joleon Lescott (MCY) Midfielders: Gareth Barry (MCY) Scott Parker (TOT) Marc Albrighton (AST) Aaron Lennon (TOT) James Milner (MCY) Jack Wilshire (ARS) Steven Gerrard (LIV) Frank Lampard (CHE) Attackers: Daniel Sturridge (CHE) Wayne Rooney (MNU) Ashley Young (MNU) Darren Bent (AST) Theo Walcott (ARS) Danny Welbeck (MNU) Jermain Defoe (TOT)

England face Slovakia at Tehelne Pole in the first leg of the European Championship Qualifying round. England go into the game favourites at 5-4, Slovakia are at 7-4 and a draw is at 11-5. Prior to this game book makers were making Tyler Mason one of the favourite candidates to take over at Liverpool as manager Kenny Dalglish was sacked. Mason took to his twitter page to say 'How can I be one of the favourites to take over at Liverpool. I manage our country, and I'll be letting every one down if I left so soon. I plan on staying here for a long time yet'.

66147_ori_tehelne_pole.jpg

Wayne Rooney was declared unfit to play before the game due to a minor injury, so Mason will have to chose someone else to take over as England's goal scorer, as Rooney is the only player who has scored in a competitive match under Mason. Daniel Sturridge and Phil Jones also picked up an injury in training. Mason chose his team to start, Hart, Johnson, Terry, Smalling, Cole, Gerrard, Barry, Parker, Wilshire, Young, Welbeck.

Slovakia – England First leg

Young with the corner Gerrard scores after 19 to open the scoring. Welbeck pick up the ball, and puts it past the near post from the edge of the box. 2-0 38 mins. Steven Gerrard gets his second of the game on the stroke of half time with a well taken goal from 12 yards. 3-0 at half time. Milner and Lampard come on for Wilshire and Parker after 75 minutes. Match finished 3-0, looks like the tie is over all ready, and England dominate possession with 58%.

Other scores are -:

Belgium 1-1 Greece : Axel Witsel 53 ; Kyriakos Papadopoulos 41

Holland 4-0 Scotland : John Heitinga 1 Mark van Bommel 13 Arjen Robben 14 Wilfred Bouma 27

Norway 0-4 Bosnia &Herz. : Veded Ibisevic 41 Zvjezdan Misimovic 70 Eden Dzeko 72 & 89

Slovakia 0-3 England : Steven Gerrard 19 & 45 Danny Welbeck 38

England – Slovakia second leg (3-0)

The England starting II is : Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Barry, Lampard, Milner, Parker, Young, Welbeck, Sturridge, Jones and Rooney still out with injury.

England go down after 15minutes, when Horvath gets of the end of a Valkucak free kick to make it 0-1 (3-1). England soon equalise 5 minutes later. Lampard runs down the left win, with a lovely cross Welback gets his head on to the ball which flew past Mucha. but it doesn't count as the assistant flags for a offside. Ashley Young then puts England ahead when he tackles Skrtle on the edge of the box and catches Mucha out with the shot straight away 1-1 (4-1). Parker gets injured after just 41. minutes, so Gerrard replaces him. Welbeck does finally get his goal, when this time Ashley Cole down the left, and Welbeck touches the ball past Mucha. 2-1 (5-1). It isn't long before Welback makes it 3-1. Steven Gerrard with a 30 yard pass switching the ball to the right towards Welback, he cuts in on his left and curls the ball around Mucha with what was a spectacular goal. 3-1 (6-1). Danny Welback though he had his hat-rick, just for the flag to go up again after he scores from the edge of the box. Danny Welbeck put the ball into the back of the net for the 5 time, but on for the 3rd which counted, Steven Gerrard with the assist again, Danny Welbeck found himself a bit of space as the ball comes across field to him, and he put away his hat-rick with a cute half-volley. 4-1 (7-1). Welbeck won't have the chance to score another as Jermain Defoe replaces him with half hour left, Walcott also replaces Young. The final whistle goes at 4-1, 7-1 on aggregate and England qualify for the Euro's.

Other scores:

Bosnia & Herz (4) 0-2 (2) Norway : John Arne Riise 62 Per Ciljan Skelbred 83

England (7) 4-1 (1) Slovakia : Ashley Young 31 Danny Welbeck 51 & 58 & 68

Greece (1) 0-2 (3) Belgium : Daniel van Buyten 60 Timmy Simons 71

Scotland (0) 0-3 (7) Holland : Ejlero Elia 8 Arjen Robben 23 Wesley Sniedjer 37

Tyler Mason said in a interview after the second leg, 'We shown what we can so, Slovakia have a good side with good players, we just did what was expected off us and won the game. It should have been more but it looked asif the linesman never wanted Danny to score'

The Football Association have announced that they expect England to get to the Qualter-Finals at least. But this was before the groups were announced. 'We have a great squad, and I know what Mason has set him-self, he's a high aimer, but I have to go with reality and can't expect too much straight away. It wouldn't surprise me if he did win it, but he is still so young.'

The group matches were drawn on the 10 December 2011. The draw was;

Group A : Germany , Israel , Serbia , Spain

Group B : Bosnia & Herz , England , France , Holland

Group C : Belgium , Italy , Poland , Sweden

Group D : Portugal , Russia, Switzerland , Ukrain

Group matches start on Friday 8th June 2012.

The chairman of the FA said 'This is a hard group, it's gonna be hard, we have to work for our place in the knockout places. Hardest group in the competition, and only two of us will go through.'Tyler Mason said 'We can do this, we can't shy away when a big club come up, else we will never get anywere, we just have to go one game at a time.'

Bookmakers have made number 1 in the world Holland favourites to win the group, whilst england and France are evans.

England squad for the Euro's will be announced next may. Friendly matches are to be played in the mean time with England scheduled against nothern Ireland on the 1st February, and Austria on the 30th May. England's Eruo fixture list is Bosnia & herz on the 8th June, Holland on the 13th June and France on the 17th June.

Thanks for all the feedback, really motivating me to carry on with the updates.

England confirm squad for the friendly fixture vs Northern Ireland. Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney and Jermain Defoe all out and will cause some problems at both ends of the pitch. Lucky it's only a friendly not the Euro's. Their was a few suprises in store for England fans as Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Scott Parker and Gareth Barry were all with drawn from the squad. Tom Cleverly had a shock call up, so to did Steven Taylor, Connor Wickham, Gabby Agbonlahor, Jack Rodwell, Stewert Downing and Tom Huddleston.

The Squad is: Ben Foster (WBA) Joe Hart (MCY) Chris Smalling (MNU) John Terry (CHE) Gary Cahill (CHE) Joleon Lescott (MCY) Leighton Baines (EVE) Steven Taylor (NEW) Tom Huddleston (TOT) Marc Albrighton (AST) Stewert Downing (LIV) Adam Johnson (MCY) Tom Cleverly (MCY) James Milner (MCY) Jack Wilshire (ARS) Frank Lampard (CHE) Steven Gerrard (LIV) Jack Rodwell (EVE) Gabby Agbonlahor (AST) Connor Wickham (SUN) Daniel Sturridge (CHE) Darren Bent (AST) Ashley Young (MNU) Theo Walcott (ARS) Danny Welbeck (MNU)

A few fans outside Wembley had some inviting comments, Tim Elliot who's an Everton fan had this to say 'I think that Rodwell is a good call-up, but I think Ross Barkley should be given a chance', former England defender said 'I'm surprised about Steven Taylor being called-up, where is Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Martin Kelly or Kyle Walker? Who's going to play right back?', and 15x world Darts Champion Phil Taylor had this to say 'I don't know much about Rodwell, I think It would have been better if someone like Phil Jagielka, or Scott Parker was called-up, Also I hope all these injuries don't carry on for the Euro's else we'll have a problem.'

0.jpg

Connor Wickam is expected to make his first appearance for England, whilst Jack Rodwell is in the running for a first II spot. England are favourites with odds on them at 4-5. N. Ireland are at 3-1 and a draw is on 2-1. Injury problems for England are Tom Cleverly out with serious injury, and Danny Welbeck has bruised rib.

The starting line-up for this game is : Hart – Taylor, Cahill, Lescott, Baines – Huddlestone, Rodwell, Wilshire, Gerrard – Wickham, Bent

England win a free kick 20 yards out, and Leighton Baines steps up to take it. And with pure precision he puts it into the top corner. 1-0 to England Leighton Baines the scorer. After the half time interval Northern Ireland kept pushing, and after 2 minutes they got their reward, Rory Donnelly puts the ball away from 12 yards. Mason made a few changes after an hour of football, with Cahill, Walcott, Downing and Sturridge all coming on for Taylor, Gerrard, Rodwell and Bent. It wasn't long until Will Grigg scored the goal that put N. Ireland ahead after 65minutes. The full time whistle went with the full time 2-1 to Northern Ireland, and the first loss under Mason had finally come.

BREAKING NEWS: WESLEY SNIEDJER OF INTERNAZINALE & HOLLAND WILL MISS THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP AFTER INJURY PUTS HIM OUT FOR 13MONTHS WITH DAMAGED CRUCIATE LIGAMENTS

Following the news that Holland's Wesley Sniedjer will be out off the Euro squad after his injury ruled him out for 13months Mason showed some relief 'It will make it easier in the middle of the park when playing then, but we also have the likes of Stevie, Frank, Scott, Jack Wilshire and James who could have dealt with him.' - 'We can't just say that the game will be easy because it wont, they still have van Persie, Huntelaar, Robben, Afellay, van der Vaart, De Jong,Heitinga, van Bommel and other great players.' Laurent Blanc of France said that 'They will still be the team to beat, and I think it will be out of ourselves and England still as to who will take that 2nd position in the table. All we are doing is trying to get past the group, whether Holland, England or even Bosnia get through as well, we just know that we have done our job.'

With the news that Chelsea had won the Premier League after just 36 games and 8 points ahead of nearest rival Manchester City, Mason posted on his twitter account – 'I suppose I’ll be looking at Chelsea for some player now ehh'

The team for the Austria game has been announced with Stewert Downing, Steven Taylor, Connor Wickham, Darren Bent and Marc Alrighton had been left out this time with Glen Johnson, Aaron Lennon, Jermain Defoe and Wayne Rooney take their places in the national squad.

The Squad is: Ben Foster (WBA) Joe Hart (MCY) Chris Smalling (MNU) John Terry (CHE) Gary Cahill (CHE) Joleon Lescott (MCY) Leighton Baines (EVE) Glen Johnson (LIV) Tom Huddlestone (TOT) Aaron Lennon (TOT) Adam Johnson (MCY) Tom Cleverly (MCY) James Milner (MCY) Jack Wilshire (ARS) Frank Lampard (CHE) Steven Gerrard (LIV) Jack Rodwell (EVE) Gabby Agbonlahor (AST) Jermain Defoe (TOT) Daniel Sturridge (CHE) Wayne Rooney (MNU) Ashley Young (MNU) Theo Walcott (ARS) Danny Welbeck (MNU)

Prior to England's friendly againast Austria Tyler Mason was required to submit his 23 man European Championship 2012 team. He had left out Adam Johnson, Rod Rodwell, Connor Wickham, Steven Taylor, Micah Richards, David Beckham, Scott Parker and Gabby Agbonlahor who he had played in recent weeks.

Goalkeepers

Joe-Hart-120607-Media-G-80.jpg Joe Hart - Manchester City

4681-largethumbnail.jpg Ben Foster - Birmingham City (loan at West Brom Albion)

Defenders

636293.jpg Glen Johnson - Liverpool

John-Terry-120504-Practice-R-sm.jpg John Terry - Chelsea

25474-largethumbnail.jpg Rio Ferdinand - Manchester United

ashley-cole.jpg Ashley Cole - Chelsea

24596-largethumbnail.jpg Chris Smalling - Manchester United

80full.jpg Joleon Lescott - Manchester City

1337345144-leighton_baines_england_num.jpg Leighton Baines - Everton

21135-largethumbnail.jpg Gary Cahill - Chelsea

Midfielders

Steven-Gerrard-120111-Celebrations-R-sm.jpg Steven Gerrard - Liverpool

Frank-Lampard-120314-AfterGoal-R-sm.jpg Frank Lampard - Chelsea

Michael-Carrick100902-Training-AI-80.jpg Michael Carrick - Manchester United

rca65mhccff0af50.jpg Tom Huddlestone - Tottenham Hotspur

wn9leubqhuv6bnhl.jpg Aaron Lennon - Tottenham Hotspur

1288411952119.jpeg Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

rdr5ycxr2r47y7xd.jpg James Milner - Manchester City

Forwards

daniel-sturridge-chelsea-195-80x80.jpg Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea

Danny-Welbeck-120602-Runs-R-sm.jpg Danny Welbeck - Manchester United

cij6f91oh7wn9coj.jpg Theo Walcott - Arsenal

20111122dasdasftb_104.jpg Ashley Young - Manchester United

wayne_rooney_pa_fa3c78ade0bef185f59baba6545f609e.jpg Wayne Rooney - Manchester United

Jermain-Defoe-100903-Inaction-R-sm.jpg Jermain Defoe - Tottenham Hotspur

England play Austria in their last friendly before the Euro 2012 opener against Bosnia & Herz in 9 days on the 8th of June. Book makers once again made England favourites at 4-6, while a draw is at 9-4 and an Austria win is at 7-2. The team to play Austria is Hart – Smalling Cahill Lescott – Carrick Huddlestone Milner Gerrard Wilshere – Rooney Welbeck. In an unfamiliar formation England will play a back 3, with two holding midfielders. Frank Lampard starts on the bench with Rio Ferdinand and John Terry.

Game kicks off and Austria's Fuchs scores inside the first 5minutes after Gary Cahill gives away a free kick from 20yards, Christian Fuchs puts it in the bottom left corner. Wayne Rooney could have leveled the scores after he put a header from Milners cross way over the bar from 12yards out. Steven Gerrard did eventually level the scores, 5 minutes before half time Gerrard makes a run from the midfield that noone picks up, and Tom Huddlestone picks him out with a perfect cross. Danny Welbeck hit the cross bar just a minute later when Milner picks him out, but the crossbar with the header. Half time 1-1. Steven Gerrard gets the ball running in the second half and straight away puts England on the attack with Danny Welbeck finding the ball at his feet 10yards out with just the keeper to beat and beats him to put England ahead 2-1. 60 minutes gone, Wayne Rooney is found by Michael Carrick and Rooney doubles England's lead with a low shot past the near post. 3-1. Referee blows the whilst with the score at 3-1 to England, Tom Huddlestone man of the match.

Next challenge is the European Championship 2012. Tough group, but still winnable.

flag-france-flagge-quadratischweiss-68x68.gificon-holland-flag.gifflag-bosnia-and-herzegovina-flagge-quadratischweiss-68x68.gifflag-england.jpg

England enter the European Championship on a high after their 3-1 win against Austria, and their first game is set up to be the easiest as they face Bosnia & Herz. France face Holland in the other match in group B.

Book makers have England favourites with an England win at 4-7, Bosnia & Herz win at 4-1 and a draw at 5-2. England will be aware of the threat that Eden Dzeko will pose to them, and Bosnia will find Wayne Rooney as the men to mark in this game.

1.jpg

Team news : Steven Gerrard suspended, Leighton Baines slight knock.

Starting II vs Bosnia & Herz. : Hart – Johnson Smalling Terry Cole – Lennon Milner Lampard Wilshere – Welbeck Rooney Subs: Cahill Foster Ferdinand Walcott Young Defoe Sturridge Huddlestone Lescott

Bosnia & Herz Starting II : Begovic – Papac D Jasarevic S Jasarevic Spahic – Vuckuc Misimovic Salihovic Pjanic – Ibisevic Dzeko Subs: Basic M Kalac S Kalac Omerovic Sabic Karic Halilovic suljevic delic

The match gets started. Jack Wilshere recieves the ball from the throwing, puts the ball into the box towards Welbeck, he gets his head to it... and puts it wide. Should be 1-0. 10 minutes gone here still 0-0, and here Ashley Cole down the left, he cuts the ball back to Welbeck at the edge of the box, GOAL!!! England get their European campaign started. Welbeck 1-0. Mismatch could have levelled the score just before half time when the ball came to him and forced Joe Hart into a fabulous save. Half time score Bosnia & Herz 0-1 England. Second half is under way and Rooney should have scored when he received the ball from Wilshere but put the ball over the bar. Danny Welbeck was the next to try and score, with his effort from the edge of the box skimming the crossbar. Kalac puts the ball into the box from the corner aimed toward Eden Dzeko, he gets his head to it, but Joe Hart takes it in his stride. Bosnia are looking the more dangerous side at the moment, and they go close to scoring again when Pjanic hits a fearsome shot only for Hart to save once again. Corner to Bosnia. Full time gone Bosnia & Herz 0-1 England.

Danny+Welbeck+England+v+Lithuania+UEFA+U21+IEHxC8AA9uAl.jpg

In the other game in group B Holland vs France finished goalless. Other Euro scores.

Group A : Serbia 0-3 Germany , Spain 4-0 Israel

Group B : Bosnia & Herz 0-1 England , Holland 0-0 France

Group C : Italy 1-0 Belgium , Poland 0-1 Sweden

Group D : Russia 0-0 Switzerland , Ukraine 0-0 Portugal

Second game of the group stage for England is against Holland, which is looking to be the hardest of the lot. Other match in group B is Bosnia & Herz. V France.

Bookmakers have Holland as favourites in this tie, with win on England at 7-4, draw 11-5 and Holland win is at 5-4.

KievPOTD.jpg

Team staring II

Holland : Maarten Stekelenburg – Pieters 'van der Wiel' Heitinga Mathijsen – Robben 'van der Vaart' Wijnaldum 'de Jong' – 'van Persie' Huntelaar Subs: Krul 'de Zeeuw' Elia Babel Boulahrouz Maduro Afellay Lens Bouma

England : Hart – Johnson Terry Smalling Cole – Lennon Huddlestone Gerrard Milner Wilshere – Rooney Subs: Sturridge Foster Lampard Walcott Ferdinand Baines Welbeck Defoe Young

The game got on the way and not much to talk about in the first half other than a chance that fell to the feet of Danny Welbeck just after that half hour mark, but the chance went begging as Welbeck put the ball the wrong side of the post. Second half kicked of and Holland had bought Jermain Lens into the game in replace of van der Vaart, and he opened the scoring for Holland in the 65th minute with a goal from just inside the box. England then went all attacking realising that France will also be a hard game, and they were 3 up against Bosnia, and chances to Welbeck, Wilshere and Rooney were all wasted. Full Time Holland 1-0 England

sat-hach-truoc-euro-2012-fa1a8f.jpg

Other game in Group B was France 4-0 Bosnia & Herz.

Group A : Germany 3-1 Spain , Israel 1-2 Serbia

Group B : Holland 1-0 France , France 4-0 Bosnia & Herz.

Group C : Belgium 0-1 Poland , Sweden 1-1 Italy

Group D : Portugal 4-0 Russia , Switzerland 3-1 Ukraine

Final game of the group stages sore England face tough opponents France. France were evens to win it whilst England were at 7-2. England fortunate to have a full squad available for the game whilst France had Gael Givet, Abou Diaby and Karim Benzema all out injured.

KievPOTD.jpg

Starting II

France : Mandanda – Sagna Mexes Kaboul Abidal – Ribery Menez Malouda Dairra 'Ben Arfa' – Niang Subs: Lloris Squillaci Evra Nasri Remy Escude Landreau Cisse Pogba

England : Hart – Johnson Terry Smalling Cole – Young Lennon Lampard Gerrard Milner – Welbeck Subs : Wilshere Rooney Foster Sturridge Walcott Baines Huddlestone Ferdinand Carrick

The game got kicked off by France, and they were looking to set the mark on the game early on, and went straight on the attack lead by Ribery. Niang finally ends up with the ball but unable to convert from 10 yards. The half was coming to and end when England sprung into life with Danny Welbeck slotting home from close range to send England 1-0 up going into the half time interval. Second half got kicked off with Nasri and Remy replace Niang and Menez but they could do little to stop England from qualifying past the group stage. Full time finished 1-0 to England.

146166870_display_image.jpg?1339508458

Other game in Group B was Bosnia & Herz 1-2 Holland

Group A : Israel 1-2 Germany , Spain 2-0 Serbia

Group B : Bosnia & Herz. 1-2 Holland , England 1-0 France

Group C : Belgium 0-3 Sweden , Italy 4-0 Poland

Group D : Russia 0-0 Ukraine , Switzerland 1-3 Portugal

Qualified teams : Germany , Italy, Spain, Sweden, Holland, Switzerland, England, Portugal

Quarter Final draw;

Germany V Holland

Italy V Switzerland

Spain V England

Sweden V Portugal

Mason had this to say about the draw, It just gets harder and harder, Holland and France, now Spain. Lets just hope we have luck on our side, but if we play like we know we can, we shouldn't need it.'

spain+flag+map.jpgengland_map_flag.jpg

Spain – England. Spain favourites for this game but at this stage of the tournament anyone can go through.

Municipal+Poznan+Stadium+in+Poland+(Euro+2012).jpg

Starting lines up are;

Spain : Casillas – Arbeloa Ramos Puyol Albiol – Cazorla Fabregas Martinez Silva Canales – Torres Subs: Alonso De Gea Villa Bojan Pedro Busquets Mata Marchena Llorente

England : Hart – Johnson Terry Smalling Cole – Lennon Lampard Gerrard Huddlestone – Rooney Subs: Cahill Foster Sturridge Defoe Wilshere Baines Walcott Welbeck Milner

20111123102342a_27820.jpg

Match gets going with Rooney and Gerrard getting the ball rolling. First chance of the game comes to Wayne Rooney as he recieves the ball in the box following a cross from the right by Huddlestone, but Rooney heads the ball wide. Rooney gets another chance just a minute later when Smalling takes a free kick and Rooney receives the ball at the edge of the area but blazes over the bar. Lampard takes a corner 40minutes into the game, flying towards Steven Gerrard's head, and he beats Casillas in the air, GOAL to England. Steven Gerrard makes it 1-0. Spain take kick off, but England win it back straight away, this is lovely by England as they receive a corner. Lampard jogs over to take it again. He sends the ball into the box, this time aimed towards the head of Wayne Rooney, and he beat Casillas this time, and GOAL 2-0, Wayne Rooney, and England score 2 in the matter of a minute and are cruising into half time with a 2-0 lead. Second half was all quiet, as England sat back and kept hold of possession, and go into the Semi-Final beating Spain 2-0.

Other Quarter-final scores;

Germany p0-0 Holland

Italy 0-2 Switzerland

Spain 0-2 England

Sweden 0-3 Portugal

Semi-Final draw – 27th June

England – Switzerland

Germany – Portugal

Mason said this about the draw, 'Thank you, we might go into this game as favourites for once, but I know this still won't be an easy game, you gotta be good to beat Italy 2-0 at this stage of the tournament. Lets just hope we do better than the last meeting between the two teams, and we get to the final. Big chance we win it now.' He then went on to add, 'We have come up against the tournament's two favourites, Holland and Spain, the team we lost to are now out, and we knocked the other out. I think we have the best squad out of all the teams left in it, so we have the biggest chance of winning it.' He also had something to say on his players, and who he wants to meet in the final, 'The players are all respecting me, that's why they are playing so well together, we have a strong team full

of strong individuals, but none of them think of them selves before their team, and that helps us all out. I know who the plays want to meet, especially Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard, but they only want to get their own back on Portugal for the 2006 World Cup defeat to them, but I would like Germany as ourselves and Germany have a rich history with each other which would be a fitting atmosphere for the final.'

England are without Glen Johnson who suffered a twisted ankle and out for a month, which will also mean, should England reach the final, he wont be fit to take part. Switzerland have a full squad for this game.

3664490-abstracte-illustratie-knop-met-flag-england-land.jpg71099_246995765390414_1862825889_n.jpg

England are favourites for this game to go into the final, and the odd are evens on them to win, with it at 9-4 on a Switzerland team in the final.

KievPOTD.jpg

Starting Line-ups;

England : Hart – Smalling Terry Lescott Cole – Young Lennon Huddlestone Lampard Gerrard – Rooney Subs: Walcott Foster Sturridge Wilshere Ferdinand Carrick Baines Welbeck Milner

Switzerland : Benaglio – Lichtsteiner Senderos Djourou Berner – Shaqiri Inler Kasami Barnetta Behrami – Frei Subs:

Schroder Meyer Muller Schmitt Schmidt K Frei Derdiyok Schmitz

The ball got running, and Switzerland went straight on the attack gaining a free kick when Frei was fouled by Lescott, but the resulting free kick was put over the bar. 15 minutes gone and Alexander Frei was forced off with an injury, replaced by Erin Derdiyok. Joe Hart is forced into his first into his first save when a lovely piece of team work between Barnetta and Behrami, who got the ball to Derdiyok, who broke free from Lescott and got his shot on target, forcing Hart to save down low to his left. Huddlestone takes an England free kick from the left, gets it to Steven Gerrard, who makes a defence splitting pass through to Wayne Rooney, who is one-on-one with Benaglio, and Rooney puts the ball under the keeper. 1-0 England. Barnetta has a free kick on the left 5 minutes before half time, he puts the ball in, Erin Derdiyok beat Ashley Cole in the air, and beats Joe Hart to level the scores, 1-1. Frank Lampard goes to take a England free kick in a dangerous position on the left hand side, he floats the ball into Wayne Rooney, who scores. Just 2 minutes after Erin Derdiyok scores, England go down the opposite end and imitate the goal. Hectic 3 minutes their, and we go into half time at England 2-1 Switzerland. Half time between Germany and Portugal is all square at 0-0. Second half is kicked of here with the scores at 2-1, and the first chance of the half comes to Wayne Rooney for the chance for his hat-rick, and he beats the keeper from 18 yards for his and England's 3rd of the game. John Terry with a tremendous 45 yards pass to Steven Gerrard who finds a bit of space, but forces a corner from Benaglio's save. Steven Gerrard goes over to take the corner he won, puts the ball in, cleared by Djourou to the edge of the box, only as far as Lampard, and he hits a wonderful strike and puts England into the final of the European Championship, making the score 4-1. Desperation play from Switzerland, and Erin Derdiyok has a shot from about 50 yards, which goes out closer for a throwing that the goal. Both teams make a few substitutions with England replacing the yellow carded Ashley Cole for Leighton Baines so he can play in the final, Frank Lampard off for Milner and Wayne Rooney will go off for Daniel Sturridge, and switzerland replace Kasami and Berner for Karim Frei and Zimmermann. Switzerland look to be going all out attack with just stoppage time to go, and Derdiyok beats Lescott, Lescott can't dive in else he could risk missing out on a possible final, Derdiyok lets of the shot, Goal. 4-2, and Switzerland show good spirit going into the final stages of the game. Into the last couple of minutes of the game, and Erin Derdiyok again see's himself confronted by Joleon Lescott, and takes advantage of the yellow card of his, and puts the ball past Lescott and Hart, and maybe, just maybe, Switzerland can pull some thing magical out of the bag here, 4-3, and Derdiyok scores his 10th international goal, and 3rd of the game. It was a little to late from Switzerland as the game finishes 4-3 to England, as they go through to the final.

article-0-019F756300000578-250_468x403.jpgWayne-Rooney-England-001.jpg

Other Semi-Final match;

Germany 3-0 Portugal

England 4-3 Switzerland

So England's new unknown manager, is now known. But can he guide his team to glory on the 1st of June, and be the first England manager to win the European Championship? There in the final, and going up against Germany.

engvgerm.jpg

Thanks for all the support and great comments, i appreciate it alot. Thank you.

Amazing update - love your detail - you probably give the most detail out of everyone here! Love the two flags together for the final. Good luck - not that you'll need it

Euro%2B2012.jpg

The+Final+A+Repeat+of+66.jpg

European Championship Final 2012

1st July 2012

England – Germany

engvgerm.jpg

Previous matches:

England 4-3 Switzerland Germany 3-0 Portugal

England vs Germany memories.

Germany-v-England-2010-FI-006.jpg

db012.jpg

0.jpg?w=300

England1966b.jpg

Pre Match talk: England odds at 9-4, Germany evens.

Jamie Carragher thinks : 'Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson both being out could cause problems defensively for England. They have more fire power going forward and I think England will win comfortably 3-1.

Gary Neville thinks : Big final, this will bring back memories of the 2010 World Cup, but all those memories will be forgotten if England come out victorious today. I thnk they have a stronger squad, and wins against Spain and France will help them in the game for motivation. Im going with a 2-0 England win.

Paul Lambert thinks : 'The way Tyler manages the team, and the tactics he uses lets us see an England which we dont often see, which is winning the ball in the midfield, but keeping it. He will set his team up in a more advanced manner than Low, and im going for a comprahensive England victory 4-1.

Team News: Glen Johnson still injured, Ashley Cole suspended. Germany have full team.

eg.jpg

The line-ups:

England

Hart

Smalling – Terry – Lescott – Baines

Lennon – Gerrard – Huddlestone – Lampard – Young

Rooney

Subs: Foster Cahill Ferdinand Wilshere Carrick Milner Walcott Welbeck Sturridge

Germany

Horn

Muller – Schwarz – Schmidt – Reinhardt

Horn – Ludwig – Schneider – Zimmermann

Meyer – Schwarz

Subs: Weber Haas Schmitt Fischer Schafer Fischer Wagner Schumacher Schroder

The Euro final kicks off. England straight on the attack but Schwarz intercepts Rooney's pass to Lampard. Lampard on the ball now and he attempts a pass to Gerrard but he is tackled. Baines down the left, he gets the ball in, towards Lampard, he out jumps everyone, GOAL. England lead in the final thanks to a Lampard header, he had a goal wrongly disallowed in the same fixture 2 years ago, but this time it stands. England 1-0 Germany 18minutes gone. Germany on the attack lead by Meyer, but Terry does well to stop them getting past the English defence. Wayne Rooney turns on the edge of the box, he shoots, but Horn comes up with the good and gives away a corner. We go into half time here with the scores at England 1-0 Germany. England kick of the second half, and Rooney runs up against the challenge of Schmidt, that was a well times tackle. Joe Hart is tested for the first time in the game with Germany counter attack, with the ball at Horn, he passed up field to Schwarz, who gets a shot of but forces a corner out of Hart. Germany substitution Schmitt coming on in place of Horn. Leighton Baines down the left hand side again, the ball whiped in to the head of Rooney. GOAL 2-0, England have there second and Leighton Baines playing a big part again as England double their lead. England bring of Ashley Young for Jack Wilshere and Michael Carrick on for Tom Huddlestone. Lampard looks for Rooney, Rooney on the edge of the box he trys to catch Horn out, he gets a hand to it, and gathers the rebound. 70 minutes gone and still 2-0, but Germany have a corner, Schmitt gets the ball into the box, Terry clears, into the patch of Rooney, he goes head to head against Horn, but Horn pulls off a fabulous save. Leighton Baines down the left, looks for Steven Gerrard, he creates himself abit of space, shoots, save. Corner to England, but nothing is made of it. Lampard sends the ball forward to Rooney, he goes one-on-one with the keeper, and scores, he has surely put this game to bed now, 3-0 to England, Rooney's second, and his 40th career goal. Terry plays a one-two with Lampard, and plays to the feet of Gerrard, he plays a first time ball down to Lennon who plays in Rooney, hes at an acute angle, and puts the ball over. What a goal that would have been. Aaron Lennon down the right, looks to pick out Rooney at the near post, he does, Rooney gets his hat-rick and finishes off a superb display by England. 4-0 Rooney hat-rick. 5Minutes left plus 3minutes added time. Full time whistle goes, the score is England 4-0 Germany. Wayne Rooney man of the match.

Wayne-Rooney-world-cup-2010.jpg

Man of the Match Wayne Rooney 'This is a great acheievment, and for us to do it with such a young manager as well, its amazing. We gotta give credit to all the fans who travelled here to support us, its been amazing.' Leighton Baines also commented on the tournament, 'I know, i probabely wouldn't have started this match if it wasn't for Ashley Cole getting the suspension, but I put my all in when ever I do get called up, and I hope that i did my country proud.

England manager Tyler Mason has this to say after the game, I just hope, whoever said England made the wrong appointment in me, now take those words back. But I can't take all the credit, I had a squad of 23 players to help me along the way, disapointed for Ashley and Glen, but every player who took part have to pat them selves on the back, because they were fantastic. Now we need to build on that.

Loosing manager Joachim Low said this 'We did so well to get here, but disapointed so many on the day. They were better than us in every area of the field, and the score emphasis' that.

ENG+Euro12.jpg

As I couldn't find out how to screenshot, I did the next best thing and took a picture for proof of the Euro Final, the results of the competition, and the Switzerland match, which I personally though I was going to loose when it was playing :D.

IMG_20120614_123052.jpg

IMG_20120614_120453.jpg

IMG_20120614_123038.jpg

Sorry its on it's side don't know why it is.

I will continue with the updates later if I get time to, if not expect them tomorrow morning. Hope everyone is enjoying this.

You've got great updates over here, and great graphics as well. Try to make it even better by playing around with the bolds, underlines, and sizes and add a little colour to your updatessmile.gif

There isn't a way on Android unless your phone can do it.

Apps are available but it requires hacking your device (if that interests you google it ;))

Yeah im on android, ill try see if i can find that way, but not sure if i will tbh.

And updates might not come as regularly as i got to sort out some family problems so alot of my spare time will be taken up for a while, sorry.