Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 'Bringing the best out of: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Macca

35je1ra.png

Introduction

Hopefully this is the first of many of my 'Bringing the best out of' series. To sum it up briefly, it will be quick and easy to follow posts on how to achieve maximum performance out of certain players. In this case it is the Swedish powerhouse Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Very expensive it is fair to say, but once used in the correct fashion, their is no one better.

FMH Profile

Nationality: swe.png Swedish

Club:282q92q.png A.C. Milan

Position: Centre Forward

Value: £34.5 Million

Cost: £60 Million

Tactics/Training

This is perhaps the most important specific factor of making Ibrahimovic tick. I don't think I need to describe the best training technique as it is already very popular. Intensive Training, which can be found here. It is known to improve players drastically but it can also increase the risk of injury. The good news is that throughout the whole first season he suffered no injuries. Infact the only injury he suffered was a small ankle problem which lasted 2 weeks and that was during the friendlies at the beggining of season 2. The image below shows his stats after 1 season of

Intensive Training.

ka379u.png

Stats after 1 season of Intensive Training

With there being a bunch of Tactics out there for you to try, I highly reccommend Sunny's 4 - 3 - 2 - 1. It provides essential space and a devestating attacking threat which could bury any defence. The only thing I would reccomend changing and this is vital. Change the striker from Advanced Forward to Poacher! Weather you think this will improve anything, trust me it will. More goals will come from this and it is possible that this is the most important change to make Ibrahimovic achieve maximum ability. Also remember to keep him happy. Zlatan is a big personality and can affect the whole squad if not treated with responsibility. Play him regulary and he will begin to impress, mark my words. As you can see from the pictures below, his goals speak for themself. There must have been 5 times in the 1st season in which he scored 4 goals in one game. He had loads of hat tricks but for some reason came 2nd in the World Player of the Year which I have no idea why, Messi won. Comparing Messi's history to Ibrahimovic's, I doscovered that not only did Zlatan have a better rating, but he also had scored 10 more goals in just 5 more games. Although he did win the Premier League Player of the Year.

5lrthh.png

Performance after the 1st Season

The Bad News

Just like with every player out there, there is always some sort of bad news to take in. The main for Ibrahimovic is his price. As you can see £60 Million is a lot of money and for most clubs, you will not be able to afford it without letting some of your better players go. Obviously if you have Sugar Daddy then yes, you probably can afford him but different amounts of money get invested depending what club you are. Another negative factor about Ibrahimovic is his age. Okay, he is not exactly very old meaning you can only get 1 - 2 seasons out of him, you could probably get about 3 strong seasons before he begins to fade. After maybe about 2 or 3 seasons you may want to find a replacement, someone young like Neymar or Pato.

sg0083.png

Playmakers

Again, I think this is obvious. To make a Striker tick, you need good support. Someone who can pass, shoot but also someone who can cross. As you can gather from the picture above, I choose David Silva because of the variety of different abilities he provided. After the 1st season he finished with 38 Games Played and

26 Assists. Excellent yes, and obviously a lot of those assists came from a goal by Ibrahimovic. In my mind Silva is the perfect playmaker for him but if you have someone else in mind, Ozil etc then do not be afraid to experiment.

Despite the above, it should not stop you from spending big on a player such as Ibrahimovic. Many people know about him but also many do not know how to correctly use him and therfore I think I have discovered the winning forumula with obvious credit going to Sunny who developed the tactic which improves performance. Overall he is a brilliant player and can, he did for me, become your best Striker. Goal after goal including a double in the Champions League Final, if your looking for someone who will dominate defences, cause problems with his strength and also provide an aerial threat, then Zlatan is for you.

An enjoyable read :)

I've used him once for Milan where he also scored around 70 using my 4321 (PSP).

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks mate :)

A nice idea, not too keen on the effects on the pictures, it seems to distort them.

It would be in iScout if it isn't a "how to play with..." guide and also the use of:

Sentences like this

that are being distorted for no reason and

making it a hard read.

^^ haha for the sentences :D

I liked the article very much, and as Dec mentioned, I would just fix the paragraphs and remove the shadow effect from the screenshots. Otherwise, well done :)

A nice idea, not too keen on the effects on the pictures, it seems to distort them.

It would be in iScout if it isn't a "how to play with..." guide and also the use of:

Sentences like this

that are being distorted for no reason and

making it a hard read.

I know I am sorry about that, I saved it into notepad and for some reason it messed it up a little.