Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 What the training regimes affect

Dec

gallery_1_1_18508.png

I pride myself on thinking I know quite a bit about Football Manager Handheld from playing the game, interacting with the community and listening/questioning the makers, however whenever someone asks me what each training regime affects in terms of attributes I often shy away from the question.

The test and results:

The other day I decided that I will test it my knowledge and guesswork out and see what the game throws back at me. In order to conduct this I record 9 players’ default attributes then holidayed for 3 months on each schedule being intensive at separate times with me restarting the game once I’ve done one to go back to the default attributes.

These 9 players were all Chelsea (excellent training facility) players with different ages, nationalities, positions and attribute sets with some not first team starters such as Kalou and Turnbull. In order to calculate the results I put it into averages of growth from the players to see which are affected in terms of growth by each regime.

Fitness:

Apart from condition the regime also grows attributes.

As expected by the name fitness this deals with the pace, stamina and strength side of a players’ attributes in a positive way.

Tactics:

While this may have implications outside of attributes it also improves on average technique (both outfield and goalkeepers’), decisions and teamwork. Also for goalkeepers only communication is positively impacted.

Attacking:

It gets slightly complex here as a few players such as Lukaku and Essien gained crossing yet natural wingers such as Mata and Kalou lost it. The rest of the outfield players didn’t get impacted in any way in crossing but I am unsure if long term exposure will give an increase in the crossing attribute for natural wingers but it is one to consider.

Others that have risen across most of the players are dribbling, passing and shooting as a result of exposure to attacking training.

Defending:

Defending as expected deals with tackling, but also the heading and positioning attributes. There are no real surprises in this section in terms of growth but it is worth mentioning though heading isn’t affected by attacking it can be considered that using defending training is needed for attacking players too with Target Men the type I am mostly looking at for this.

Motivational:

This doesn’t improve any attribute but more holds attributes in place more than the others as exposure to just one type of training on intensive often disregards growth in other areas making them decrease. Motivational training does the opposite though keeping attributes around the default.

It is mainly used for morale boosting allowing players to grow when combining this with other training and to make them happy even if they may be unhappy otherwise.

Goalkeeping:

It is pretty obvious really. This only deals with goalkeeper attributes but a lot of them – aerial ability, agility, handling, reflexes and throwing all develop when in contact with goalkeeper training.

Other notes:

Please note these were all done on intensive with no other training on at the time. FMH allows training intensity to be toggled and players to mix training in order to get the potential out of their players and mixing training regimes up is the only real way to do this else players’ attributes will suffer in general for small progress in their key section. I personally recommend always having fitness, tactics and motivational on at all times though the amount is your choice, but each of these not only deals with attributes but other sections in the game too often relating to matches in a complimentary way if done right.

This post has been promoted to an article

What about movement? Is it affected by any of the training regimes? I take it that other mental attributes such as aggression, creativity or leadership only change with ageing if at all.

Leadership tends to improve if they use it, I put ter Stegen as captain for a year and a half and viola, 20 leadership.

In another save I haven't used him as cap and he's staying at around 14-15

Leadership tends to improve if they use it, I put ter Stegen as captain for a year and a half and viola, 20 leadership.

I'm actually not so sire anymore... Because I've been using ter Stegen as captain for a couple of years on another save and there's been no leadership improvement...

I'm actually not so sire anymore... Because I've been using ter Stegen as captain for a couple of years on another save and there's been no leadership improvement...

Well, at it we now know it can change, for whatever reason.