Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 How to sell unwanted players

Dec

OK so it isn't that easy to flog players you don't want so I have posted the way I have done it.

This was actually stumbled on by accident while I was playing FMH09 and amazingly works for FMH2010/11/12 as well. So try it out for FMH2013 and see what you think.

Right so the steps are as follows:

1) Put the player on the transfer list

2) offer to clubs and set the value for low/£0 - this raises interest.

3) Wait for an offer to come in

4) Negotiate the offer to his recommended value

5) When the new bid comes in either accept or keep negotiating but, beware as if you want to much they will give up.

Great guide yet again...

Also, just from personal experience, when playing with a top club like Barcelona, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Porto, Benfica etc....

Make sure that you don't pay your players TOO much.

When I say too much I'll provide an example.

Lets say you have a young regen of Ronaldinho. He demands a weekly income of say 20K. He's only worth like 3M at the moment.

That is TOO much and can make him UNSELLABLE.

If you have a big transfer budget, the way to go is to offer him a massive sum of money as a sign on deal whilst decreasing his wage. This makes the player easier to sell as more clubs will be able to afford his demanded wage (Which decreases!).

:D

But the signing on fee doesn't affect any budgets, so you dont have too be a big club too offer a big one.

Exactly my point, this means they'll sign for a lower wage and therefore be able to be sold to a wider range of clubs (as they will demand less from them)

Oh and the sign on amount you can offer IS affected by how much spare money you have in your wage budget...

Are you sure? How do you know this?

If you play as Real Madrid, (on FMH12), you can generally offer a signing on fee of up to $8M. However, when playing as a lower league club, that is drastically reduced to lower amounts. Your highest maximum wage and maximum signing on fee is determined by your wage budget and your transfer budget, therefore, shifting them around slightly if you want to increase wages will work, however you need to give up some signing on fee power...

Oh and the sign on amount you can offer IS affected by how much spare money you have in your wage budget...

Are you sure? How do you know this?

If you play as Real Madrid, (on FMH12), you can generally offer a signing on fee of up to $8M. However, when playing as a lower league club, that is drastically reduced to lower amounts. Your highest maximum wage and maximum signing on fee is determined by your wage budget and your transfer budget, therefore, shifting them around slightly if you want to increase wages will work, however you need to give up some signing on fee power...

That doesn't mean it's the transfer or wage budgets, it could be background things like bank balance!

selling players can be damn annoying, i think we can all agree on that..

ive got a biggish squad now, so since june ive been trying to sell 3 or 4 of my players, they had important roles last season, but nearly time to kick off new season and no offers

i repeat damn annoying

selling players can be damn annoying, i think we can all agree on that..

ive got a biggish squad now, so since june ive been trying to sell 3 or 4 of my players, they had important roles last season, but nearly time to kick off new season and no offers

i repeat damn annoying

Yeah it's quite different to Fifa13, which I picked up for $1 during Christmas...

The manager mode is a bit more restricted but sales and loans happen uber-fast, players don't demand uber high wages and scouting actually RANDOMLY GENERATES PLAYERS- that's something I think should be put into FMH...

Then again, sales will be easier once the update is out so that all loaned players get simulated matches :D

I have around 158 M as transfer budget and yet I cannot offer the signing bonus. It just doesnt increase. May be it is associated to the salary budget.

I always use the Offer to clubs option and it has worked almost everytime. I have got offers equal to or slightly higher than the value of the player.

I have around 158 M as transfer budget and yet I cannot offer the signing bonus. It just doesnt increase. May be it is associated to the salary budget.

It is, max wages is affected by transfer budget and sign-on fee cap is affected by Wage Budget.

I always use the Offer to clubs option and it has worked almost everytime. I have got offers equal to or slightly higher than the value of the player.

It depends what club you're at, if you play for Barca or some other big club then it's still almost impossible to sell your players unless a 21-23 year old has a great season in your 1sts and you decide to sell them...

Im playing with Aachen in Bindesliga. I can imagine its much more difficult if the player has a high wage and high value. The players I have sold had a value between 200k and 4,2m.

for my past few sales, these are for awesome players that have had IT..valued 30-40..

offer them to clubs for 5-6m and clubs come for them..in fact some times they sell for 10-15m OVER ther valuation..

I completely agree with Keraviln, I have been trying to offer to clubs but the AM says that no club has shown interest.

That occurs when you overpay a player, you need to bargain with your player as you have 3 chances to sign them up, generally they will accept offers that are halfway between their current and demanded wage amount when morale is "Superb", when morale is lower, a player may demand more or be less complaint in accepting lower amounts of money.

What I mean is that the message doesn't pop up but nobody seems to want to buy the player...

I found that its harder to sell players when on a relatively small club. I've been trying to sell 4-5 players on my swansea and southampton saves and i literally have gotten no offers for anybody. Their wages are cheap, I set the offers to 0, but still no offers.

Dont know if its just me or whether im doing this wrong?

Anyone got suggestions?? Thanks!

I found that its harder to sell players when on a relatively small club. I've been trying to sell 4-5 players on my swansea and southampton saves and i literally have gotten no offers for anybody. Their wages are cheap, I set the offers to 0, but still no offers.

Dont know if its just me or whether im doing this wrong?

Anyone got suggestions?? Thanks!

Did you "Offer" and THEN list?

I find it works better that way, don't ask me why...

I have no idea what it actually affects, but I always put my players on the transfer list and then DEMOTE them to the second team. The combo seems to be the best way to get players sold.

If that doesn't work during the first month of the window i think offer to clubs at ridiculously low fees and negotiate up.

I have no idea what it actually affects, but I always put my players on the transfer list and then DEMOTE them to the second team. The combo seems to be the best way to get players sold.

If that doesn't work during the first month of the window i think offer to clubs at ridiculously low fees and negotiate up.

You're meant to offer at $0 and then negotiate to whatever you want, I find that negotiating to just underneath a player's market value will bring up the club's best possible offer as some can't really afford your guy- good way of getting rid of players fast

Well I find that trick doesn´t work with Bojan, in my Barcelona save, no one buys him, no matter if he's at $0 and with a salary of $43,000, even when Valencia bought me Muslera for 15M and with a salary of 120,000!!! I'm starting to think that Bojan really likes to be at the team  :lol:

Did you do the steps in this order?

1) Make sure it's the start of the June/July/August Window
2) Make sure Bojan isn't already listed for loan or transfer and doesn't have any interest in him

3) Offer Bojan for $0 Transfer

4) Transfer List

If you get a message saying "No Interest in Bojan" then you can't sell him, if you don't get the message and you've followed these steps he should be bought before the end of the window.

I tried it all but the "No interest in Bojan" always appeared, but when I saw there was a team interested on him (the Wnt icon).

I resigned from the team to join Atlètico and just saw Bojan renewed for 3 more years O_O (really, he doesn`t wanted to leave BarÇa).

I tried it all but the "No interest in Bojan" always appeared, but when I saw there was a team interested on him (the Wnt icon).

I resigned from the team to join Atlètico and just saw Bojan renewed for 3 more years O_O (really, he doesn`t wanted to leave BarÇa).

Like I said you can't sell him if it says "No interest in Bojan"...

Generally clubs will try to keep their players, especially richer ones like Barca, if you look at Madrid, they'll buy like 10 players a season if possible, and if it doesn't work out they'll dump em off for 10% of what they paid because Mourinho seems to have like $1B at his disposal...