Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 theKraken: Sunny's 4-3-2-1

Sunny

theKraken - Sunny's 4-3-2-1

One of FMH2012's best iOS/Android tactics is back again this year, slightly tweaked (and still tweaking, hoping for perfection as last year) to suit the modified match engine on FMH2013. Whether you're a top team or a bottom-level, amateur team, this tactic will give you success! So, here we go:

Team Instructions:

E6AB8480-FF6A-43A4-9C61-83B4AB422948-8479-0000071316460909.jpg

For this year we have committed tackling instead of normal tackling as on normal, the tactic seems a bit leaky at the back. But be prepared for more cards, though I've only got 2 red cards across the whole season.

Player Tactical Roles and Formation:

FD29196C-1073-4B31-A5FC-2EA2DC86F7F4-8479-000007131A41AE32.jpg

Results(FMH2012):

Clyde, Scottish Third Division, First Season

e3115565.jpg

Oxford United, nPower League 2, First Season

42e0f6d4.jpg

FC Augsburg, German First Division, First Season(Only players under 21 and 30 or above allowed)

71b1539e.jpg

Real Madrid, Liga BBVA, First Season(Won the treble)

37ac64de.jpg

9f8d1997.jpg

d7ee33c6.jpg

Results(FMH2013):

Inter, Serie A, First Season

4847BF5B-1F9F-4BD6-9216-F8A645EC0F75-8479-000007132C3DB016.jpg

953DFA89-23AD-4236-855D-658874056E13-8479-00000713201089AB.jpg

Southampton, English Premier Division, First Season

99707FC6-FA99-4A5A-B009-2D7C973D6D5A-6926-000007C90062A29C.jpg

The idea behind this tactic was first based on its formation. It's extremely narrow, and the midfielders are very close together. Such a compact formation would be good for playing possession-based football, as your players are ridiculously close to each other, and you can easily outnumber the opposition in the midfield, while keeping easy passing options open. Of course, as SI have tweaked the match engine a little for FMH13, it seems that it's not as overwhelming as it is in FMH12. Still, 60+% possession is not uncommon.

Anyway, here are some basic stuff I would want with the players in this tactic:

Goalkeeper: Your average goalkeeper. As you've only got 2 players defending the flanks, poor positioning from your wing-backs can mean leaks down the flanks, so your goalkeeper must be ready to win the ball in the air.

Central Defenders: As of now, it seems that BPDs are a bit leaky this year, and so I've changed them to CTRs. As the offside trap is on, you'd want them to have good positioning and some decent teamwork as well. As mentioned before, the formation can be prone to crosses, so they must be strong in the air and still have decent pace to deal with leaks through the middle as well. I find Mats Hummels a good example.

Wing-backs: Think Dani Alves. Good tackling, good crossing, good with the ball as well. He should have good positioning and teamwork(now I'm not exactly sure teamwork is a defensive attribute, but I find Roberto Carlos's regens pretty sturdy at the back even with poor teamwork) like the BPDs and have decent crossing and dribbling and passing as well. In the world of FMH, Lukasz Piszczek is a good example of what you should be looking for.

Central Midfielders: They provide support to the team. Simple enough. Good passing, movement, tackling are needed, and if possible, he should have decent pace, stamina, shooting dribbling and technique as well. As they are the outermost MCs, some decent crossing would be nice as well. You could switch one of the CMs into a BBM if your team can support one/you have a good BBM, usually with better stamina and can last full matches easily. Yaya Touré and Ramires are excellent examples.

Deep Lying Midfielder: Think Schweinsteiger. He wins balls, he distributes them to his teammates, and he might try the occasional long pass(despite short passing) and long shot as well. Tackling, positioning, pace, strength and decisions should be good. If you can, try to get someone similar to Guarín or Schweinsteiger.

Advanced Playmakers: They are the creators of the team. They will act as second strikers as well, and they will move out wide to cross if needed. The heartbeat of the team, they should have good passing, dribbling, movement, creativity and some decent shooting, crossing, technique, pace and stamina. Lionel Messi, Mesut Özil and Kaká are excellent examples.

Advanced Forward: The finisher of the team, he should have good movement, decisions, pace, strength, heading, dribbling, shooting and technique. Karim Benzema is a good example. If you can't get such an amazing striker, your average/most trusty striker will do.

As I've mentioned in another thread(maybe here as well), this is a flexible tactic, and I modify it according to my needs. If I feel that I need more support in defense, I'll use a midfield combination of DLM-CM(or BBM)-DLM. If I have a good BBM that I don't want to waste, I'll switch a CM into a BBM. For the forward, I use whatever my striker's most comfortable with. I might try InFs instead of APMs as well if I feel my attacking midfielders have good enough finishing. So feel free to modify it according to your needs.

Feedback is appreciatedsmile.gif Don't forget to give me some rep if it's been solid for youlaugh.gif

Noticed that defense is a bit leaky on FMH13, if you've managed to get a combination that helps concede less feel free to leave a comment!

Anyone tried using theKraken on 2013? Testing it with Southampton, seems just as great but defense is a bit leaky. Could be because of crappy defense though.

I've used it, It's better than last year fr me.

Interesting. I haven't tried it this year, yet, but Alari Naylor was just saying that they've tweaked the match engine so that narrow formations shouldn't be so effective this year.

I haven't noticed a significant difference with my own narrow formation, but I haven't played enough to form an accurate picture yet.

Maybe its just me, but each time I play a narrow/wide formation exactly opposite to the opposition's, it works better. E.g. playing Chelsea 4-4-1-1 with a 2-2-2-3-1 seemed to outnumber them and overpower them even with a slightly underpowered team.

Seems to work a charm, for bigger teams at least. Played a season through with Madrid, with Benzema/Falcao/Higuain as my Strikers and Ozil/Ronaldo/Kaka/Eriksen playing behind them. Went the whole season unbeaten in La Liga, including a 3-1 and 1-0 wins over Barcelona with around 60% possession, and a 5-0 Spanish Cup Final win over Valencia with 72% possession. I'll try it out on Swansea next to see how it works with weaker sides.

I've used it, It's better than last year fr me.

Interesting. I haven't tried it this year, yet, but Alari Naylor was just saying that they've tweaked the match engine so that narrow formations shouldn't be so effective this year.

I haven't noticed a significant difference with my own narrow formation, but I haven't played enough to form an accurate picture yet.

I've only been using a 4-2-3-1 up to now with Dortmund and it's working better than last year.

Seems to work a charm, for bigger teams at least. Played a season through with Madrid, with Benzema/Falcao/Higuain as my Strikers and Ozil/Ronaldo/Kaka/Eriksen playing behind them. Went the whole season unbeaten in La Liga, including a 3-1 and 1-0 wins over Barcelona with around 60% possession, and a 5-0 Spanish Cup Final win over Valencia with 72% possession. I'll try it out on Swansea next to see how it works with weaker sides.

Sounds great :)

I'm working on a psp version of this; would you have any free roles?

I'm not sure how it on PSP works actually, but it would probably only be the 2 APMs.

Finished first season with Southampton, won the league, but our defense was a bit disappointing. Will give it a go with Schalke to see how it does with a top team.

Great tactic for scoring many!

Indeed what I noticed is that it scores more this year but concedes more as well. Will see if there's anything I can do to tweak it.

Tried this tactic and it did great loads and goals and all but the problem is conceding too much

Yeah I'm noticing that too, will see what I can do to tweak it.

This works a treat for lower league teams, got Forest Green from Blue Square Premier to Leage 1! Back to back promotions, also trying to figure out a way to stop the amount of goals going in against us. Apart from that a very solid tactic!

Looks like an amazing second tactic to the one I am using at this point in time in my Career. If i begin to fail with my tactic, will give this a try and post some images of the success/failure i have with it :D

I didn't want to bump the topic of your 4-3-1-2 tactic for FM 2012 but i gave it a try in FM 2013 and hell yeah it works. Also the beginning squad of Feyenoord is really something of the future with De Vrij, Martins Indi, Achabar, Clasie and some others.

Proof:

11grn1s.png

I'm definitely gonna give this version a try soon and wil post some results.

Hello everyone !

Here is my feedback after using this tactic during two seasons.

2012/2013 : I've won everything with PSG. Coach of the year, Ibrahimovic player of the year, best scorer...

2013/2014 : Ligue 1 Champion, 1/4 Finals Champions League, 1/4 Finals National Cup, Won League Cup.

35kmyig.png

30w07tl.png

5x50qw.png

Ademilson was mainly a substitute :)

The one at Burnley? Yeah it looks amazing, but seems like it's conceding a lot more than last year. I rarely concede more than 25 in the league last year with theKraken, but I'll see if all tactics are conceding more than last year.

Decided to continue tweaking it with Southampton, now with a squad strong enough to challenge for a CL place (though I won the league last year :P), with the likes of Pogba and Ocampos joining.

The one at Burnley? Yeah it looks amazing, but seems like it's conceding a lot more than last year. I rarely concede more than 25 in the league last year with theKraken, but I'll see if all tactics are conceding more than last year.

Decided to continue tweaking it with Southampton, now with a squad strong enough to challenge for a CL place (though I won the league last year :P), with the likes of Pogba and Ocampos joining.

There seems to be a higher tendency for defences to get broken down this year, I played as Real Madrid with the Kraken but with CTRs and I still conceded quite a bit, but nowhere as near as Using BPDs...

I've tried various other tactics and to play 2 BPDs a DMC as either a DLM or BWM is essential to stop the goals coming in, it's almost like the BPDs have been tweaked to be more attacking then last year...

On my Barce career I'm using BPDs but with a DLM or BWM (usually DLM as less cards as well as suiting Dos Santos/Vidal and a couple of others) in the DMC slot.

This in itself should bring GA to about 15 in the league (I'm averaging 0.4 against in all matches, with it being lower before Real Madrid thrashed me after a set of International Callups... I played with Bojan up front with Afellay and thiago as my AMCs because all my regulars had like 65% left :/)

theKraken was awesome with Real Madrid when I tried, no problem at all, but of course, still conceding more than last year.

Didn't notice much difference between the DCs last year as BPDs or CTRs apart from passing stats but yeah, they seem to be more attacking this year. DLM and BWM roles seem to have been tweaked as well.

Now testing with Inter, working quite well. I'm actually giving Direct passing a try lol

Check out my new career, ZelatanSyedmovic's Unemployed Challenge.. Check out the result when I use your tactic, it's really epic,

Your not allowed to use anyone else's tactics at all!