Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Training Schedules shouldn't be IT-only

Keraviln

IT or Stamina?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that IT could be replaced by this training schedule for a year or so in a youngster's development to help them increase Stamina quickly?

• Yes, because I hate having a player with 8 Stamina
    • No, because I reckon IT gives the same Stamina Growth (Quite possible)

Don't quote me on what I say below as it maybe be PURELY coincidental!

I know IT has been around for ages and has dominated the scene since it was made because of it's brilliant stat-growth:

Although IT is great and improves your players greatly there are situations where IT actually isn't appropriate for the development of a player.

(What I used was

Intensive: Fitness

None: GK

Medium: Rest

(I'd recommend putting Motivational to Intensive aswell if you want to avoid the statdrop that Goetze got)

Why?

Take a look at Mario Goetze at the start of the game:

2ywsbuq.jpg

Then look at him about a year later:

ifzk2w.jpg

*Thanks to Rafa for the skins, they look more interesting than the real thing :P

You'll notice that his Stamina has gone up by a heap!

This could be due to him just happening to grow Stamina fast in this version of him (His growth varies from game to game), or it could be due to this:

Now obviously some of this other stats have dropped, but...

I had him on IT until mid-December when he decided he'd had enough of working hard (Despite being "Hardworking), so I dropped him down until he was happy and he was happy with all Medium, Fitness Intensive and GKing at None.

I kinda forgot about it, played him often (Being my Backup Winger when Di Maria or C. Ronaldo got Jaded/Low Condition/Etc.).

By the Euro Champ Finals, I was looking more closely at my player's stats to chose the best possible squad to fight it out for the treble and ofc the title.

I was stunned when I saw Goetze had 16 Stam, that's a +4 Increase in a year- It's never happened to me with him before and I put it partially towards his stint on non-IT Fitness-orientated training. (He was on 17 before I got him Jaded)

Despite this, if you're thinking of giving a youngster's stamina a bit of a kick, I'd recommend putting Motivational up to Intensive aswell as Dec has put in a post that Motivational tends to hold stats in place, preventing the inevitable statdrop that I experienced with Goetze.

Now you might wonder why I hold Stamina so importantly, it's mainly because my players have to be able to recover decently in 3-4 days for pretty much the entire year, obviously rotating those who are under 90% (Preferably).

The easiest way to have them recover fast is to not have much to recover from, which means higher stamina.

You can obviously argue that I destroyed Goetze's future talent by wrecking some of his other stats, but at least he'll be able to play more to compensate for a year's lost growth by playing more matches for the next decade and a half.

Ps. I'm going to test this out on Sergio Canales and Jese, especially Jese, who has most Green stats but 9 Stamina...

The problem for me is while some attributes have grown the core ones for his position have mostly declined so in my opinion your training is useless as Gotze wouldn't use the positioning attribute growth but would suffer because of passing decline.

Plus I believe your idea of just growing stamina isn't correct, IT within the first 3 months grows EVERY physical attribute by 2 no matter of age. Gotze being 19 has an advantage due to being younger and having natural fitness growth in which you see here. I think it is highly plausible that IT could do the same but keep the core attributes in which are needed for the player to be effective on the pitch; in which is the best training of all.

A nice write up but in my opinion it isn't correct.

Thanks, yeah I'll give it a shot with IT- it's just that every time I can afford him I get Goetze, no matter what team I'm on because he generally beats Di Maria (arguably) on the wing and acts as cover for Oezil and Kaka if one of them gets an international call up at the wrong time or if they get injured.

Usually I'll end the year with Goetze having like 14 Stamina, because after the initial growth I find IT doesn't seem to keep increasing stats much further, seems to happen in the first few months of each year...

The problem for me is while some attributes have grown the core ones for his position have mostly declined so in my opinion your training is useless as Gotze wouldn't use the positioning attribute growth but would suffer because of passing decline.

Plus I believe your idea of just growing stamina isn't correct, IT within the first 3 months grows EVERY physical attribute by 2 no matter of age. Gotze being 19 has an advantage due to being younger and having natural fitness growth in which you see here. I think it is highly plausible that IT could do the same but keep the core attributes in which are needed for the player to be effective on the pitch; in which is the best training of all.

A nice write up but in my opinion it isn't correct.

I can't say I am correct, I think I mentioned that this was just speculation somewhere...

Because it was only him on that schedule and his stamina suddenly shot up after he started using that- it's never happened to me with Goetze before...

I'll be putting up the results with Jese and Paul Brown (Regen of Giggs),

Jese is on the same schedule as Goetze was (With Intensive Motivational instead of Med) whilst Giggs' regen is on Intensive.

I put them both into Castilla and they're getting about the same gametime.

The reason I'm not using Canales is because his situation is different to Jese as is his age :P.

Ok I'm just going to do a quick update on Paul Brown and Jese:

Remember Paul Brown is on IT and Jese is using the schedule I had for Goetze.

Jese is 19, Paul Brown is 17, Paul Brown prolly has more potential than Jese (Altho Jese's PA is usually aroud 160-170).

Now from the Start of the Season till 30th October:

Stamina:

Jese 9-11

Brown 8-10

Jese experienced -2 in Dribbling, as well as losses in Passing and Shooting.

His pace has gone up from 16-18 and strength from 9-10.

Brown has increased in all stats by at least 1, apart from Aggression

+2 in Heading, shooting, tacking technice, pace, and strength.

What this shows is basically IT wins unless Jese has reached potential or something...

After my exams I'll test out Goetze in the same conditions as I did with my current Goetze, playing him in the same number of matches across the year (planning mode- ON), whilst at Real Madrid.

Hopefully it'll put to rest whether or not putting a lower workload on your players will help them increase stam.

Also @ Dec- I only did this initially cos Goetze was having a temper tantrum :P.

(I still personally think that IT works better... just putting it out here to see if any1 has had a similar experience or not :P)

intensive training makes my players injured often....any guide to prevent injuries?

It's just the downside to having IT turned on, the only thing you can do really is do seperate training so defenders aren't on attacking training etc.

Injury Proneness above 10 for me will result in the following message:

Ashez Sale has resumed full training.

*Yes!*

*Hit's next*

Ashez Sale will be out of action for 1 month after a facial injury in training

*Wha????*

Usually happens when I skip a few days :P.

Kinda annoyed me when Ozil got injured for 4 months and recovered then somehow got himself out for 13 months...

He wasted his talent :P

I've had players who were constantly injured, even on light training :blink: One of the regens on my Sammy Armenteros save would have made Jamie Redknapp look like an indestructible man of steel.

There are definitely some players that simply can't take IT and are actually harmed by it (quite apart from the fact that it stops you from playing them because their condition is always hovering around 60%).

I normally use all available training schedules:

- IT for the real men

- Less intensive attacking and defensive schedules for the lesser mortals

- Light attacking and defensive schedules for the OAPs and delicate little flowers

I start everyone on IT and only move them down a schedule if they get unhappy or if my assistant manager says I'm pushing them too hard.

The ones that can only manage on the last pair of training schedules are generally not worth keeping, but I may as well keep them happy while I try to offload them.

I just use IT and for the ones that can't hack it I put them down to the 'General' training I think it is, and there's Stankovic's regen whose condition goes down really quick during games so I sub him off if winning comfortably or else he stays on as he's my star player.

I do the same as Peely - have more grades of intensity training regimes, from start i put everyone on hardest one and after injuries i put them down. 

I am curious about more stat-grow of my players, because as Doc said, they were rising just 2-3 months. Difference between Abi and Pot make played no role. Age the same.

Now i am starting second year with Portsmouth, my players have stats similar to Premier League middle-table teams - so where can they probably rose to? I still dont know whether that stat-ceiling being annual or total... 

Differences between players are nicely markant - i tried just Fitness IT on two of them, with others Light for a month, then back to intensive all again

Both had no change in Fit stats in 3 months before.

1. player - 1. month 7 points down (with stamina 1 up), next month 13 points up, stamina retained at higher level - so it was worth it, Question is, would stamina rise with normal training also?

2. player - 1. month 28 points down!! (stamina also 1 up), next month 25 up, but in following month 3 down. Stamina retains higher, but overall 6 points down.

maybe players like training regime changes?