Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Regens- Changes & Discussion 2013

Keraviln

Edit: I have changed the title so conversation is more open in here... I hope you all help Peely and I out as we try to produce a lovely little Regen Spreadsheet for all to use :D (As well as discussing any questions/ideas/doubts about the regen system!

Hey, so I was looking at my reserves squad, for one reason.

There's gonna be some crazy-good youngsters in there, (Usually 19 but sometimes 18 years old).

I mean who can turn that down? Crazy-good guys with crazy good stats.... FOR FREE!!!!

That's when it dawned upon me.

Where are these players coming from?

Nobody has retired yet, have they?

I mean it's 2 days after I started my save?

Does that mean the regen system is GONE?

That's what this is about, here is my contribution.

If anyone can find a player with these positions I am 99% sure the regen system still exists, if we can't... then I'm 99% sure the regen system doesn't exist and I'll say keep searching :P

160269h.png

remember, look at his positions...

I believe this new features sucks abit since it won't be a challenge to find regens such as Giggs, Ronaldinho etc as there will always be a greyish better than them.. I believed SI did this as many players complained due to finding it hard to find regens.. Just my thoughts

It was kinda hard to get cheap, good players, beforehand.

However, SI have nerfed the stats on reserve team players, and their quality decreases as the quality of your squad overall increases, after signing about 4 or 5, it becomes pointless signing more.

However, it achieves SI's objective, getting you some decent youngsters, before then making this feature pointless until you need more youths again.

In a way I find it a nice addition...

You can't get Ronaldinho/Giggs quality btw.

Ok, I will post images proving that the regen system remains unchanged except of the added "Virtual Players" who are singable from Reserves or "A" Team.

What I have noticed is that, if you sign one of your reserve team players, their stats drop immediately. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or an intentional feature. I suspect that it's a feature, but what is it supposed to be simulating? You should know the players in your reserve team pretty well, so you should have a good idea of their strengths and weaknesses.

I suppose it's just there to add a little risk to the system, otherwise you'd have free access to a load of young players with no real risk.

What I have noticed is that, if you sign one of your reserve team players, their stats drop immediately. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or an intentional feature. I suspect that it's a feature, but what is it supposed to be simulating? You should know the players in your reserve team pretty well, so you should have a good idea of their strengths and weaknesses.

I suppose it's just there to add a little risk to the system, otherwise you'd have free access to a load of young players with no real risk.

Any chance of a save game (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) with an explanation of which player to do this with to reproduce this issue please?

I'll see if I can recreate it on a save, since I noticed it on a throw-away career that I had only started so that I could have a look at some of the new features.

*edit*

Trying it out on a new career and I'm seeing very slight changes in some stats on offering a contract. In one case shooting increased by one point and in another heading decreased by a point. I'm fairly certain that I saw slightly larger changes to multiple stats last time.

I'll see if I can figure out how to send you the save file.

I like the singable greyed players because it means you can get youths cheap like you would if you really needed them (in real life, from your youth academy).

What I find dodgy and don't like, is the fact that you have to BUY a Youth Academy... I mean I don't even know if you can get proper regens until you get a youth academy

Any chance of a save game (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) with an explanation of which player to do this with to reproduce this issue please?

I haven't noticed any stats changing after signing (because I really don't check, I just go, blue to blue, yup all good).

What I do notice is a profound issue among all youth academies, extremely aggressive players appearing in ALL positions...

Is this intended to make grey-signings more likely to get red cards, is it a glitch?

Or...

Is this a comment on society today? :P

(The 1st and 2nd are serious, the third one is a joke,..)

Also, are greyed out players based on real players or are they randomly created?

A save file should be with you now, if I managed to figure out this pesky new-fangled technology correctly :D

I've been trying it out on the strikers in the reserve team, but since they change every time the save is reloaded, I can't specify which ones. So far I've only noticed Shooting and Heading changing. The bigest change that I've see in a drop of two points in heading.

Did they change it from last year???

(Last year I just emailed the files to myself and downloaded onto my computer...

Now I have to plug the iPad into the computer, open itunes, then move save files....

Still, worth the multileagues and faster loading :D

It was pretty straight-forward. Just needed to install a free file explorer app and email the file direct to SI. Same as last year, but since I haven't done it before it was new-fangled to me :)

A save file should be with you now, if I managed to figure out this pesky new-fangled technology correctly :D

Thanks I can confirm I've got it now - I'm in the middle of looking into an obscure issue on Android (crash with a combo of a specific OS revision and hardware device) - once I've sorted that I'll take a look ...

I think the new, 'rough diamond' grey players are good, as it actually does add realism, in my opinion.

I mean, in the real footballing world, managers often get great gems for relatively cheap (Hernandez to United, Shorey to Reading). In FMH, and even FM for that matter, the database isn't large enough to get many bargains from obscure countries, in a Wenger-esque way, as they simply do not exist in the database. So this is a good way of being an alternative to that!

Yep but their stats are still extremely odd, I mean I had a striker with 1 Shooting once, he was the perfect poacher except for shooting...

Also I find that Midfielders and Strikers tend to have high aggression with Midfielders almost always lacking Stamina and Strikers almost always lacking pace with Target Men appearing most often...

Thanks I can confirm I've got it now - I'm in the middle of looking into an obscure issue on Android (crash with a combo of a specific OS revision and hardware device) - once I've sorted that I'll take a look ...

On the topic of save file issues...

Are those greyed out players that are signed meant to be retired from international football? If so, why?

Also, if it's meant to be that way is there a way to bring them out of International retirement, because having a bunch of 18 year olds who are retired from International football doesn't make sense...

Well.... Actually... Some are retired from international football whilst others aren't...

Is that meant to occur?

(Or is this a "Whoops"???)

When I was emailing Marc about the issue outlined above he gave me a bit more info on how the greyed out players work. Apparently they are, and I quote:

"a mirror shadow of an existing player somewhere else in the game but with a different random seed applied to them (i.e. to simplify it a bit - it's that player with a slightly different ability in general).

When you offer a contract to them it decides the new "real" player's potential ability and transfers the attributes from the player that is being mirrored."

Perhaps it's also transferring their "retired from international duty" status as well in some cases.

Original Post was in Weirdest Moments...

But I put it here as it's EXTREMELY relevant to regens...

Guys, take a look at this and tell me what you think...

I signed these 16 year old gems from my Reserve team at PSG, The Future is Bright Indeed (Brighter then I thought!):

Now you may think, what's weird about this? well... Just look carefully at all the stats and bits and pieces (READ EVERYTHING)... Then laugh :D

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 1:

35k6etc.png

a42253.png

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 2:

j8iiq0.png

34e81ef.png

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 3:

14dnb6u.png

2s1n037.png

Hang on... They're all the same!

Oh wait... hang on... You just played as Manchester City didn't you? Doesn't that look like Gareth Barry after a couple of years?

Here he is on the day that FM 2013 made 3 copies of him (:P)

2dl1apt.png

168a9za.png

So there it is, my fluid midfield for the future is sorted, all for... what? $0?

That sounds like a good deal doesn't it?

I'm sorry but is there a need to post this in 3 separate threads?

Yes I feel it is as it is relevant to all three topics and hasn't been seen thus far, it is a show of how the greyed out players work and how they can yield overpowered as well as underpowered players (Having a 19 year old spawned from a 34 year old woth 4 stamina will result in low stamina forever).

Hello everyone !

I've been playing FMH 2013 during two seasons and i'm at the beginning of the third one.

So far, I've found 11 regens.

2ivmxcw.png

-----Original Name ------------------ Regen Name ------------- Regen Club-----

It's useless to mention that all the regens have the same nationality than the original players.

It's great that you put that up there, but I'm not sure if you're aware that regens are randomly assigned physical stats each time, as well as having different names and hidden stats.

So for you, Giggs might be Peter Robinson of Real Madrid, who can be retrained to all positions and has 20 stamina and is a hardworker.

For me however, Giggs might be Bob Thomas of Rangers, who has 2 stamina and can't be retrained at all, and lazy.

Hopefully that gives you a bit of a better idea as to how the system works (hehe).

Also... I'd go for the following regens (From your list above) first:

Raul

Giggs

Scholes

Riquelme

Beckham

Carvalho

W. Samuel

then the rest. Those guys are in order of how good their potential SHOULD be, with Raul being one of the best players in the game if he has the right personality and environment (Ie. Not lazy & forgotten at his club)

I just picked up Thierry Henry's regen - rubbish stamina, but the regen gods have decided to make him into a towering colossus with 19 strength and 20 heading. He's scored 11 goals in 5 games and is only 15 :D

I've only just started to dabble in the regen market in FMH13. They've changed a lot of players positions and secondary positions (e.g Giggs is now an AMLC with MC as his natural position) so my Spreadsheet from last year needs some serious updating.