Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Key attributes for each player role

Dec

I have a question, What role is closest to recreate the playing style of Dennis Bergkamp or Messi where they would drop to midfield and provide chances to other players? i tried both the Deep-lying forward and the trequartista but all they do is just score goals. i am confused.

Well he stopped scoring for 2 matches but managed 5 shots each match. I am trying to recreate the Arsenal Invincibles tactic. Any ideas Dec?

My quick guess with not much research would be:

GK

WB-CD-CD-WB

BWM-DLM

INF-INF-INF

ADF

OR

GK

WB-CD-CD-WB

BWM-DLM

INF---INF

DLF-ADF

Attacking, Short, Normal

Pressing

Thanks Dec. It'd be easier if i get to watch them play, but i managed to roughly get their style of play through reading some articles...

There a couple of attributes that I am not sure about...

1) 'Decisions' - I assume that this does not include decisions about 'where to go' (Movement/ Positioning cover them). What does it mean then? My concept is that Decisions is confined to a player in possession of the ball and determines 1) How quickly he decides what to do with the ball, and 2) Whether he makes the right/ most advantageous decision. Number 1) is critical for players that need to dispense with the ball quickly, number 2) is important for players that have to decide between many options. What do you think? Depending on how broad/ narrow you interpret this attribute, it could be necessary to every player on the pitch.

2) 'Creativity' - I usually equate this to mental awareness of the options that the player has when he is on the ball. A player with lower creativity is not even aware of some options available to him, and perhaps might be easier to predict and therefore defend against.

3) 'Technique' - I usually see this as a 'prime' attribute; that it has an effect on all of the technical attributes to some extent. Just like decisions then, this could be important to any player executing a pass/ shot/ cross/ dribble/ head etc. But what effect does it have? Will a player with good passing, but poor technique make passes well?

4) 'Teamwork' - I see this as knowledge of where team members are/ knowledge of where a team member is going to play the ball, and the ability to adapt to that quickly, for fluid play. However, there seems to be considerable overlap with 'movement'/ 'Creativity'. Perhaps it is also tied to being less selfish in play, too. (pass rather than shoot...)

5) 'Leadership' - I see this as 'influence potential', but I am not sure if it is always a positive thing. If a player has Very low morale, or is upset for some other reason, does he not have the capacity to influence his team mates in a negative way, too?

The folks at S.I could do with being a bit more concrete about how to conceptualise these attributes. There is a lot of scope for interpretation, and while my interpretation could make theoretical sense, they might not have adopted that particular interpretation in the game engine, and I could easily be barking up the wrong tree.

Decisions - There isn't really one way to describe this one. A decision is really how well he makes a choice in a situation. 20/20 doesn't mean he will always make the right choice though as that would be impossible.

Creativity - You are right with this one, it is how a player can get the ball to a player or do his job. The more creative the player the more he will try to do the impossible or see what is out there.

Technique - This is skill, a player with more technique can pull of flicks and his first touch will be better etc. It is quite warped with technique being many things but it is overall ball control.

Teamwork - Think this is self explanatory, it is how well they work in a team though yes other things influence it. The branch of teamwork is too big to even consider to start to explain though generally someone with high teamwork won't try to shoot when a pass is a better option.

Leadership - Again this can be many things but mostly how they organise on the pitch and command other players (mainly the younger ones).

SI probably don't explain them properly as a lot are self explanatory or so vague it will be hard to explain. Plus they may change slightly every year and it makes it more of a challenge.

Dec, how do you think I should play Diego Rubio? His stats are a poachers and with IT they changed but he is still a poacher.

With IT.

DFA9sIJ.jpg

I am confused about 2 player roles in particular. DLM, and BWM

- BWM is defined by what he is doing when the team does not have the ball (Win it back)

- DLM is defined by what he is doing when the team does have the ball (Attempt to play precision passes from deep to attack)

The problem is, it is not clear what these players do in the opposite phase of play? It is conceivable that you could have a BWM DLF, who does both roles, one in attack, and one in defence.

I have looked a little bit by using the pitch view. It seems to me that the DLM is something of an 'Anchorman' when the team is not in possession, preferring to sit deep in the position he is given. The BWM tends to be a bit more mobile, IMO, with the result that, in certain situations, the DLM can be a better defensive player (Eg when playing against a counter attacking opponent & the BWM can be committed too far up the pitch to properly protect the defence in the event of a quick break.)

When attacking, I presume that the BWM acts in support, playing simple passes to support attacks. even when attacking, he goes forward, when the DLM stays very deep (Sometimes in the Defenders pockets!) 

Any one have any thoughts? How have you used these roles?

DLM is a player who sits most of the time and uses interceptions and sprays passes, a BWM is a player is strong and uses physical presence to win the ball back then often runs forward himself to have a long shot.

We see several wingers with very low teamwork and others with high teamwork. Would high teamwork mean more assists from those wingers or it wouldn't make a difference?

And what about the strikers? Having more teamwork would reflect on their assists or it would mean they would position themselves better in order to get a pass from a teammate?

I'm asking this questions with a goal challenge in mind.

I think wingers with low teamwork won't assist much, therefore they'd be better as inside forwards. I don't think a winger with low teamwork will be as good getting in the crosses and therefore getting the assists to be honest.

As for strikers - Depends on their role. A poacher would be fine without teamwork but a deep lying forward of supporting target man however would need it. Teamwork I would say does help overall but I think for a poacher as long as he has a decent amount he will still connect to be in the places his team expect.

So, say I wanted to team up an advanced forward with a poacher (does that make sense?), it would be good to have only the advanced forward with high teamwork and the poacher with low teamwork?

Yes, as long as the poacher doesn't have 5 or below and has high movement it should work. Teamwork sometimes will mean your player will pass the ball when he could shoot but it could also be how well they link up so you don't want it too low.

it seems, that PSP versiond doesnt have such roles... am i right?  Are there any connection with positions in PSP version?

As far as i know, In PSP there are just positions, no roles. Positions are: GK, Sweeper, Back, Defensive-Midfield, Midfield, Attacking Midfield and Forward for centre positions, for L/R positions there are Back, Wing-Back, Midfield, Wing and Forward.

How big is difference in gameplay between PSP and other versions of FMH2013?

The PSP doesn't have player roles as iOS/Android does as they choose the more in depth player instructions. 

As for the difference in PSP, this aspect is more in depth than iOS/Android but apart from that the other games have a few more features such as player swapping and retraining positions.

Thanks Dec, i also just found your guides how to set player to play some role on PSP. Good job, man, it is clear, that you love this game a lot!

I looked at Goalies little bit... I took 121 players from top5 English leagues with their statistics from first played season and summary of my results is:

- There are 10 attributes which has, quite similar, effect to both rating and conceeded goals.

They are: Pac, Sta, Aer, Agi, Han, Kic, Ref, Thr, Dec and Pos. 

Aer and Han seems to influence conceeded goals the most. 

Com and Tea seems to have no effect, but in my data it differs from league to league, so i would need more data to make a conclusion.

Anyway, for sure Tactics and Deffensive training is very useful for GKs :)

If I will be able to open save data with editor (didnt tried it yet) i will bring more info from my little research :)

note: I play PSP version

I'm currently allocating players their 'preferred' technical roles (the thumbs up one on iOS) assuming it's the way to get the best out of them.

I'm wondering though, should I ever be using other technical roles, and if so, when?

While this might fit my overall strategy better on occasion, I'm not sure how adversely a different role will affect the player's performance.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Yes you should.

Some players change their preferred and sometimes preferred doesn't fit the set up or their attributes. You may have a great tackling player wanting to play CM for instance, this both isn't using his tackling but also if you play him with 2 APMs in a midfield 3 it is too attacking.

Yes you should.Some players change their preferred and sometimes preferred doesn't fit the set up or their attributes. You may have a great tackling player wanting to play CM for instance, this both isn't using his tackling but also if you play him with 2 APMs in a midfield 3 it is too attacking.

So I should choose a role best suited to his abilities/stats rather than his preferred one, and this won't adversely affect his performance?

Yes that is correct, a player's preferred role is just what he thinks he prefers and it can be detrimental to the way the team plays as you may end up with a wacky formation that doesn't compliment each other (especially in midfield).