Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 fixing poor form.

NYCRover

Hello,

I'm managing Oxford City and Ive been promoted twice, so i'm now in League 2. I started off the season with a 15 game unbeaten run but now I can't seem to buy a win. In the past Ive used "player interaction" to turn the tide of poor form, and its worked but this time the loses keep coming. Any ideas of what I need to do? do I need to change up my tactics? Most of the losses are due to conceding early goals, while in the past my team always seemed to score first. Any advice would be awesome as I am new to FM.

thanks,

Jay

Perhaps your defence is getting leaky or you need better players to keep up with the multiple promotions?

You just gotta try and hang in there for the season if you can't seem to get promotion again and sign some good players on Bosman or with your transfer budget (Which I'm guessing won't get you much due to the league you're in and your recent promotion)

Been playing with PSG. Been almost 17 years now. I've gone on a few slumps. Won the league 10 times, runner up 3 times and(if you didn't do the math) out of contention 4 times.

Haven't changed my tactic once.

I even went on a 70 game win streak too. Went a season without a lose(a few draws though).

But I always upgraded players after each season. I'd go on Dec's 'how to Dec's how to find the best player' thread and go through each position and compare each and every player to find the best possible team.

It may be tedious, but its worth it with my great form during the season.

Yep, getting youth is important too, however you must remember that when buying youth some players might not be motivated enough to keep growing or might not have the potential, this was the case with my 2015/16 Barca Youth Group, I brought in 4 youths (I usually sell 3-5 and bring in a similar amount through my "B" Team, as well as releasing some rubbish ones). All of them were rubbish and I ended up having to raise the average age of my "B" Team by 1 year as well as getting some second-rate Bosmans to make sure my precious youths didn't get injured...

I normally just carry on, and my fortunes normally turn around. Make sure morale is high in your squad then invest money in the transfer windows. Possibly try changing your captain, if your captains morale has gone down, I notice this can have an effect from my experience.

I normally just carry on, and my fortunes normally turn around. Make sure morale is high in your squad then invest money in the transfer windows. Possibly try changing your captain, if your captains morale has gone down, I notice this can have an effect from my experience.

That can destroy the team if you just rely on the chance that they'll get better themselves (got me sacked from PSG)... If it lasts more than a couple of matches, start rotating your usual first XI with your subs and see if your subs are playing well, of they are then rotate your old forxt XI around whilst keeping all the inform players on the pitch.

Lol ya. I just hoped they'd get better as well. But I never go on a huge slump to where I can get sacked. But in my 16th season, I accidentally went over my wage budget, so the board was on my case regardless if I did well or not and went into a slump. Lost like three straight but would draw a lot. Hadn't won for like 15 games.

I only kept my job because I won a cup. Had me question whether or not I should turn on the 'never get fired' unlockable. Getting fired after 16+ years would have been heartbreaking. Might even bring a tear to my eye.

Ya I did notice that.

But I just started a career in which I exploit the sugar daddy and buy the top players, mourinho's job was in question by fans for letting two of their best players go. So he might be fired shortly...oops.

Looool (Realistic though)

I really don't wanna know what Mourinho will do if he's still not fired by the end of this season (To the Real squad)...

Chances are selling Ronaldo on Free Transfer or something ridicolous like that lol...

Or demoting Casillas so he has to play for Castilla for 6 months...

I spent like $202m for Ronaldo....lol. Only amount they'd give him up for.

Not to mention that I paid $73m for Sergio Ramos, which I might add is when the message actually popped up.

Also spent $823.5m for 9 players, two are for future.

Oops...I guess I'm kind of a big shopper.

Anyone have suggestions?

I switched my captain to someone wth a better morale and that seemed to do the trick, I also noticed that changing from attacking to balanced, despite keeping the same formation helped to stop alot of the early goals I was conceeding. now its january and time to find a couple players to cover some weak spots.

Goalkeepers are generally the best captain, or a center back as generally they stick around for a long time (eg. Puyol, Casillas)

Ter Stegen is a great option for future captaincy if you want a solid keeper with nice leadership (imo Courtois' Aerial makes him tops :P)

I'd rotate the squad around a bit, give the youth a chance to play and eventually the bad form will go. Not only that, but the players gain some decent experience! This has worked before when I've hit a run of bad form so I'd strongly recommend trying it.

I'd rotate the squad around a bit, give the youth a chance to play and eventually the bad form will go. Not only that, but the players gain some decent experience! This has worked before when I've hit a run of bad form so I'd strongly recommend trying it.

Tbh, you should loan your young guys out rather than play them, especially in important matches...

The higher the game level, the more experience a player will get. Loan is good if you don't plan to use your player often. I like to have at least three promising youngsters on my reserves, and play them in the second half. They grow much faster than on loan this way.

I make two teams,

First team is the best players.

Second is the second best(duh).

No one from my first team plays on my second team or vice versa. Unless one of the players is injured or too tired(I don't play anyone under 92% condition) or if there isn't anyone else I can play.

The way I choose stubs is 7 players from the second team are subs on the first and the other way around.

I then loan everyone I won't play out excluding 1-3 players not on the first or second team. Or if they're under 21 and I want to monitor their intensive training.

I also refuse to buy players under 5 star potential. (Dumb, I know). I sometimes end up buying players that I think could be the future that don't turn out so we'll and end up being loaned out throughout their career.

Terrible manager. But it has made me last over 22 years so far!

However, I have never changed my tactic in those 22 years. Until last year where I changed from short passing to direct for about 7 games. Other than that, the only thing that has changed are my players.

Potential stars can change mate. Many times I has youngster barely rated at all, but I knew they were class. Played them a couple of times and their star rating potential soared.

Potential ratings are based on the scouted player's world reputation in comparison with your players' club reputation (even more inaccurate), what this means is that you end up getting a totally destroyed scale, which is, in a sense, realistic as in real life it's impossible to be 100% accurate.

Just look at the stats, add 2 to each (for IT, exclude ones like Leadership & Aggression), that's what the player will have in a couple of months, then when looking at young guys, if they don't have greens look for 13s and 14s because they will become medium to high greens once that player has peaked, unless they're a bad egg.

:D

Also, that 1st team 2nd team is basically what managers do in real life, although I'd follow samhardy's advice to have 2n+1 players (n being the number of players, so 1 right wingback, you should have 3, although I'd go for 5 combined with 1 or 2 guys who can play on both sides, saves a lot of wage budget :D)

Tbh, you should loan your young guys out rather than play them, especially in important matches...

Yes but you will always have backup players.

Recall clause???

Your 2nd team shouldn't be all young guys, you should have some older players in there too to make sure everyone holds their nerve...

I'm not sure how in depth this game is,

But I don't think its so in depth that it can calculate how youngsters react without a role model on the field with them. At least not in the handheld version.

unless you don't have anyone with good leadership.

That's just what I think, but I've only played this game for a couple months.

I'm not sure how in depth this game is,

But I don't think its so in depth that it can calculate how youngsters react without a role model on the field with them. At least not in the handheld version.

unless you don't have anyone with good leadership.

That's just what I think, but I've only played this game for a couple months.

They do react differently, try this experiment out,

Play as Barcelona, try 3 different scenarios:

- Use Sergi Roberto as an APM in your first team

- Loan Sergi Roberto out (His preferred role is the role he plays)

- Leave him in the "B" Team

They will yield different results as his ability is concentrated on different things, his tackling will be higher when on loan whilst he'll have better dribbling and creativity when in your first team. Growth rates will differ as he'll get almost 100% of games on loan.