Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 FMH13 General Discussion

anfieldsquirrel

So yeah, I've been calling on this for weeks now and it's not happened.

Discuss anything about FMH13 here :)

I have bribed the referee! The 90th minute goal would have put me out, and the 117th minute would have sent it to pens!

Aq8ws1y.png

I can top that,

This was the game that saved my undefeated season. Wasn't a perfect season but still didn't have a loss

Screenshot_2013-01-20-00-29-35.png

Unfortunately, I did not screenshot my league table :(

So my validity to this story is compromised.

This should be renamed to 'share your screenshots' or something.

But isn't that kind of the point of the Discussion sub-forum, to discuss it.

I understand the want to cut down on topics made and this would make it easier for users to search this thread for answers rather than combing through topics for an answer when they can search for it here.

I just made it because there was one last year and it had almost 30 pages. I've been wanting this thread for ages, because say you have a few questions, it's easier posting them all on here rather than 5 different threads.

Ooo i remember!! What do you guys think/want i should have in my sig?

I want these but not sure on the rest:

ISTOTM

My 4321

Rodgers guide

Pedro Cunha 1k challenge

Newcastle POTAC save

So i have a few spaces free, so anything you think i should have which i'm over thinking? Any saves you enjoyed? Formation i'm missing? Etc

Just an interesting conversation.

Which is what reminded me of my vbulletin(a type of forum) days when you can pout a shout box in for users to chat with each other without having to post or leave a page or MSN and all that.

No, no, no.

A forums point is to engage discussion. All a shoutbox does is lessen this in an off the record manner so the same things are repeated time and time again.

The point of this thread is to talk about little things related to the game that don't merit their own thread at all while still being there for everyone to read at any time.

Has anyone noticed the ridicolous stats for goalkeepers?

Opponents goalkeepers almost always stop say 10 shots whilst letting in only 1 or 2 whilst your goalkeeper can't handle 2 shots on target...

Eg. Vs Atletico I had 12 shots on target and they had 3, I got 2 goals they got 1...

Obviously I won but it still doesn't explain away that huge difference, especially when Valdes' stats say he is a worldclass keeper... Courtois is good, however this occurs with pretty much any goalkeeper, perhaps it's the match engine calculating wrongly and all of us not taking notice because we usually win anyway.

How do you guys calculate your 'best' player for your tactic and position.

All I do is use Dec's thread 'how to find the best players'. Its practically been my bible.

I use it when making big money transfers($40m+ players that I intend to start immediately), I use it to find the best players per position etc..

How I choose is I take last seasons subs and unused players and compare them with every player at every position they can play.

Ie: I take last years best defensive centers and compare them with all of my players that can play center.

It takes almost 30 minutes but I think its worth it

But when I choose my squad, my assistant seems to think otherwise. When I view a coaching report, my assistant will say a player is the 'best right back in the club', when I say another player is. The player I chose has better stats.

So what I am asking is, is there a better or more effective way of choosing my best squad? Should I listen to my assistant manager and start the player he thinks is best at a specific position or keep doing what I'm doing.

How do you guys calculate your 'best' player for your tactic and position.

All I do is use Dec's thread 'how to find the best players'. Its practically been my bible.

I use it when making big money transfers($40m+ players that I intend to start immediately), I use it to find the best players per position etc..

How I choose is I take last seasons subs and unused players and compare them with every player at every position they can play.

Ie: I take last years best defensive centers and compare them with all of my players that can play center.

It takes almost 30 minutes but I think its worth it

But when I choose my squad, my assistant seems to think otherwise. When I view a coaching report, my assistant will say a player is the 'best right back in the club', when I say another player is. The player I chose has better stats.

So what I am asking is, is there a better or more effective way of choosing my best squad? Should I listen to my assistant manager and start the player he thinks is best at a specific position or keep doing what I'm doing.

It's all reputation based, if you get the worst player but he flukes some good results his rep will rise and be "regarded as best", even the word regard should tell you how it's calculated, go off stats

How do I tell where my reputation is at?

Also, I just sold two players to Real Madrid for $72mil and $46mil. Can you guys tell me if I did the right thing?

Screenshot_2013-01-22-04-45-42.png

Screenshot_2013-01-22-04-45-35.png

He's as fantastic player, but isn't the best at his position in my club, for my first AND second squad. So he'd just sit on the sidelines. I also got a 10% buy back. I would have tried for a higher %, but didn't want the price to go down or them to back out.

Next:

Screenshot_2013-01-22-04-45-53.png

Screenshot_2013-01-22-04-45-59.png

Screenshot_2013-01-22-04-46-04.png

This one I feel confident with. I got him a while ago along with 2 other strikers to see if they'd become future stars. And he's apparently injury prone.

I bought Steve Brown in the 27/28 season for $36mil. Hes only ever played half a season. Can't remember if it were injuries or because I didn't need him.

I got Fernando Cunha in 26/27 season for $29.5mil and he's only played 6 games for me since I've loaned him out after the second season I acquired him.

Personally, I think I did well. And I think its only fair to them since they probably will be starters there. I didn't get the achievement for making a huge transfer profit though.

What do you guys think? Good deal or bad?

Oh ya, the sale of these players made 60% of my team hate me. anyone know how to fix that?

Opponents goalkeepers almost always stop say 10 shots whilst letting in only 1 or 2 whilst your goalkeeper can't handle 2 shots on target...

Eg. Vs Atletico I had 12 shots on target and they had 3, I got 2 goals they got 1...

Obviously I won but it still doesn't explain away that huge difference, especially when Valdes' stats say he is a worldclass keeper... Courtois is good, however this occurs with pretty much any goalkeeper, perhaps it's the match engine calculating wrongly and all of us not taking notice because we usually win anyway.

Yup, our own keepers are always crap... :( It's just something I've gotten used to, so my way to solve it would be letting the opponent shoot as little as possible :P

Id have tried to squueze a little more! Is steve brown a retrained Gerrard?

Ya well 72 mil looked too enticing. And every time I raise the price a little in past transfers, they back out.

And I don't know. I don't think I've retrained him.

Yup, our own keepers are always crap... :( It's just something I've gotten used to, so my way to solve it would be letting the opponent shoot as little as possible :P

It just doesn't make sense when a gk averaging 6.78 suddenly pulls off 25 saves with 15+ coming off Messi's left boot...

Casillas would be envious!

Yeah good transfers, can't squeeze too much