Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series New Player Here: What to focus on?

AlexW

Hey all,

I've wanted to try FM for a long time but seeing th handheld (13) version, I finally made the plunge.

I have two questions, but first a bit of background: I've played soccer, know the positions, terminology, rules, and some of the tactics, but don't really have a grasp of overall league structures or rules within that. So the management side is a bit foreign to me. Here are my two questions:

1. What management aspects should I focus on and what should I trust/my scouts or not worry about in my first couple seasons? I feel like I'd be overwhelmed trying to learn the entire game at once.

2. What's a good way to set up my first game in terms of which country to load, league and team to select?

Feel free to point me to any guides, etc. that might be useful it would be much appreciated as well. I've looked at some but they assume basic knowledge that I don't quite have yet with regard to leagues, etc...

Thanks in advance for any help!

1) Look at getting the team balanced with a formation and having enough cover in your squad in case of injuries, the rest should come to you once you have the basis of a squad and a good formation.

2) Depends on what you want, will you want more youngsters or to swap leagues?