Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Hidden stats/stats

Ceirdiff

Hey guys, I know this may seem a bit of a random question, but what are all of the stats and hidden stats for players in the game? If there is a list that exists anywhere then it would be cool if you could point me towards it, thanks! :)

Download the save editor, it shows all the hidden stats accurately...

Spoils the game in some ways though because it tells you everything there is to that player

I would do that but I don't have Windows, only Linux/Mac, which makes the save editor a bit awkward to try and use aha ;)

In the spoiler:

Hidden: Important Matches, Injury Proneness, versatility, Consistency, Set Pieces, Flair, Work Rate.

Personality: Adaptability, Ambition, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament

Ok haha.

Basically, I want to see how fast a random player generator can run/how good it is/that kind of stuff. If I manage to get it running nicely and someone knows how the database is set up then it shouldn't be too much effort to populate the database with properly randomly generated players as opposed to the mix-match of stats that are currently seen in the in-game version.

Ok haha.

Basically, I want to see how fast a random player generator can run/how good it is/that kind of stuff. If I manage to get it running nicely and someone knows how the database is set up then it shouldn't be too much effort to populate the database with properly randomly generated players as opposed to the mix-match of stats that are currently seen in the in-game version.

A random player generator will fail miserably... the stats need to fit a certain ratio/ ratio-type for the game engine to make that player suitable to that role, even if those stats seem realistic it may yield completely odd results in the game engine :P

It's probably better to stick with the "Real Players: Off" Option :P

You can always make your own players up with regens anyhow...

It's obviously possible to make newgens as it exists in the computer version of the game, and it should be possible to procedurally do the vast majority of tasks in the world, especially so if the algorithm is genetic.

The main point of this though for me to test how fast it is and what kind of tradeoffs can be gained with memory usage and realism (speed and memory usage are intrinsically linked here, fast will be less memory - less variables being pushed around etc.) in order to not have to have the annoying regens all the time. Then some statistical analysis can be carried out to see how it compares with the real players in the game.

In marc's own words, the real players: off option doesn't generate newness.

It's obviously possible to make newgens as it exists in the computer version of the game, and it should be possible to procedurally do the vast majority of tasks in the world, especially so if the algorithm is genetic.

The main point of this though for me to test how fast it is and what kind of tradeoffs can be gained with memory usage and realism (speed and memory usage are intrinsically linked here, fast will be less memory - less variables being pushed around etc.) in order to not have to have the annoying regens all the time. Then some statistical analysis can be carried out to see how it compares with the real players in the game.

In marc's own words, the real players: off option doesn't generate newness.

I know, all the players are based on real playerrs with only a few randomisations...

The point I was trying to make is that we've already got a bit of a randomiser that you can use which should be interesting enough... and if that's not then you can mess around with players on the Save Editor...

Many ppl want newgens to replace the regen system and I reckon that's a great idea, more realistic. (Maybe with players that are generated being based on exisiting players at the club- Eg. Barcelona will get more APM Central Midfielders (Nat) because of playing style throughout youth/club system.

And a common argument against newgens being created is that it takes to much memory and processing power to generate that (although now most phones are multicore, processing power shouldn't be an issue as you can dedicate a core to it), if my small experiment doesn't take a huge amount of memory to run then it shouldn't be inconceivable for marc to also be able to make a generator running in low memory - especially as he's been programming longer than I have and has more experience with this stuff.

Using the randomiser - you'll still recognise most of the regens once they've..regened anyway.. Not what I'm trying to achieve.

And a common argument against newgens being created is that it takes to much memory and processing power to generate that (although now most phones are multicore, processing power shouldn't be an issue as you can dedicate a core to it), if my small experiment doesn't take a huge amount of memory to run then it shouldn't be inconceivable for marc to also be able to make a generator running in low memory - especially as he's been programming longer than I have and has more experience with this stuff.

Using the randomiser - you'll still recognise most of the regens once they've..regened anyway.. Not what I'm trying to achieve.

I know, but the point is, Marc would have to make a role/positional template which would take up a heap of space unless you want generic newgens. There'd have to be hundreds of different stat-ratios for each level of player to make it work, not to mention a way of making sure an APM isn't a striker or something.

And what evidence do you have for it taking up heaps of space? Like I said, my aim was to see what kind of results could be gathered in the smallest memory footprint possible - Also do you realise just how small you can compress stuff?

The smallest amount of data storage possible is a byte, you can't store stuff smaller than that without wasting space. That means that anything less than 256 wastes space. If I want to store something being true or false I need to store all of the following:

True:  00000001

False: 00000000

All of those 0's take space on the computer but only one is doing anything. This means, in essence, that 8 things can be stored taking up just as much space as storing 1 thing (if these things are true/false variables).

Anything up to the number 7, you can store two of those without wasting space:

Number 0: 00000000

Number 7: 00001111

So, if you set it up right, you could store the number 3 and 5 as following:

Or, you could do it the way that most people see it being stored and take up twice as much space:

Notice how that takes up twice the space? What you're seeing is storing stuff the second way - lot's of simple things (like a player template, for example) taking up lots of space when it could in fact take up a fraction of what you thought before.

Let's take a very simple template for example - we'll have 5 values which are they are either low, ok, good or superstar at.

Let's store 8 templates initially, and the 5 values will be:

Dribbling, Passing, Shooting, Heading and General Ability

We could store it as..

Template 1

Dribbling: 00000011

Passing: 00000010

Shooting: 00000001

Heading: 00000000

General Ability: 00000011

We'd have 8 templates all taking up this much space.

Let's store these templates in a more sensible way; taking up a total of 10bytes for 8 templates, instead of the previous 40bytes for 8 templates we were looking at before:

Dribbling: 00110110 01011100

Passing: 10101100 01001011

Shooting: 10001111 10110011

Heading: 00001100 01101000

General Ability: 11111000 01101010

Notice how we can store 8 templates worth of information into two bytes just for one variable? We would be wasting space having 7 templates this way, the extra one template is basically free.

If I were to utilise methods such as this I would be able to keep a relatively low memory footprint, and this is what I intend to experiment with - to see what trade-offs can be made. Please don't tell me what can and can't be done until I've finished fiddling and have found out, because you haven't experimented yourself as far as I know to find out for yourself... (if you have, accept my apologies :P) Many of the 'issues' are simply non-issues when you delve deeper.

Mate seriously don't you think Marc has thought of these things (Answer: 00000001). Of you compress, yes it takes up less space, but guess what? All the low-spec Android phones will now have ZERO chance of ever getting mulitileagues because you need to decompress before use unless they change the way which the game read things (which takes more space).

There's no easy fix, as not only is memory but also processing power an issue (actually I think processing is more important, just try England only Vs England, Spain, Italy and Germany loaded)

I was on about compression, but not tarballs, the kind I am on about takes not to no processing power; in fact it takes less power to turn 01011010 into 5 and 10 than it does to do 3+5. The multi league was not what I was talking about and the issue for it was not how data is stored.

Anyway, as I have previously stated then my experiment is to see just how fast this stuff can run (answer should be very). Most phones are now becoming multi-core - you can dedicate a core to generating these things without slowing down the rest of the game in anyway shape or form. How do you know marc has thought about all these things? I find that very unlikely anyway - there will always be things you haven't thought of.

Do you not want newgens or something? I don't understand why you are so negative towards them despite me frequently expressing technical feasibility in the issue.

Ok then do it :P Easier said then done... Dec said the same thing to me about streamlining iscout

It's not that I don't want newgens, it's just you're making it sound easier than it probably is...