• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Gladbach's Golden Era Returns

Gladbach

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg

ZnMqTHS.png

Why Have I Chosen Gladbach ? 
My love for Gladbach is very much there due to their string links with my boyhood club Liverpool and also they have a great team of youthful individuals that can drive the team to success

Who are they ? 

Even in Germany, few football fans will ever have heard of the Anton Schmitz pub on Alsstrasse in Eicken, a district of Monchengladbach. On the other hand, the club founded there more than a century ago is a household name: Borussia Monchengladbach. 

In November 1899, a group of young players broke away from Germania sports club and set up FC Borussia. Just a few weeks later, the men opted to join the youth section of the Congregation of Mary, as the institution had its own pitch. Eight months after that, what was destined to become one of the nation’s most successful clubs formally came into being. 

Birth of an institution
Borussia Monchengladbach was officially founded on 1 August 1900 as Borussia 1900. Just 12 years later, the club had won promotion to the top tier, and claimed a first west German championship in 1920, defeating Koelner BC 3-1 after extra time in the final. 

Borussia had merged with Germania 1889 athletic club in 1919, but the union only lasted two years and VfTuR 1889 M.Gladbach gave way to Borussia VfL 1900 e.V. Monchengladbach, the name it still bears today. Borussia’s first senior German international was 21-year-old defender Heinz Ditgens, who made his debut in a 9-0 victory over Luxembourg at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin. 

After the chaos and trauma of the Second World War, Borussia resumed league operations in mid-June 1946. They were promoted to the second division (west) in 1949, and the Oberliga West, the regional top flight at the time, a year later. Following a string of relegations and promotions, Borussia cemented their place in the Oberliga and claimed a first title in 1958/59. 

Another trophy followed in August 1960 when Borussia beat Cologne 3-1 to win the West German Cup. They would follow that a few weeks later with a maiden DFB German Cup triumph after a 3-2 victory over Karlsruhe. In the same year, Borussia became the first German contenders in the new European Cup Winners’ Cup, where they were knocked out by Glasgow giants Rangers in the last eight. 

Monchengladbach earned promotion to the Bundesliga in 1965, a year after Hennes Weisweiler became head coach. The club’s widely-used nickname, the Foals, stems from the legendary Weisweiler’s tenure, as he was renowned from grooming and bringing on young players. 

The making of a legend
Borussia advanced to figurehead status in German football in a golden era during the 1970s. On 31 October 1969, Monchengladbach moved to the top of the Bundesliga for the first time in their history, and remain second in the all-time roll of honour for leading the league at the end of a complete matchday, behind only serial champions Bayern Munich. The Foals claimed their first national title on 30 April 1970, with the plaudits raining in for coach Weisweiler and his team’s potent blend of youth and experience. 

The history books record a curious incident on Matchday 27 the following season. With two minutes left in Borussia’s home meeting with Werder Bremen, Gladbach’s Herbert Laumen ended up in the net in a vain attempt to reach a Gunter Netzer free-kick. The striker hit the rigging with sufficient force to break the left-hand post and, as there was no replacement goal and the damage could not be repaired, the referee abandoned the match. The incident spelled the end of wooden goalposts in the professional game, and the offending post is now on display in the Borussia museum. 

The immediate consequences were less rosy for Gladbach, as a German FA tribunal awarded the points to Werder. Despite this, Borussia finished the 1970/71 season with a wafer-thin advantage over Bayern, and became the first club to retain the Bundesliga title. 

The men from the Lower Rhine remained a dominant force for many years, both on the domestic scene and in Europe. The 1972/73 campaign brought a second DFB Cup triumph and a place in the UEFA Cup final, although that ended in defeat to Liverpool. 1974/75 remains the most successful year in the club’s history, as Borussia brought home both a third league title and the UEFA Cup. 

Weisweiler now departed to coach Barcelona, but new boss Udo Lattek led Borussia to a Bundesliga hat-trick with titles in 1976 and 1977. However, the season which produced a fifth national title ended with a painful defeat, again to Liverpool, but this time in the final of the European Champions’ Cup. 

As it transpired, the high-water mark had been reached, although the next couple of years were not without entries in the club annals. On 29 April 1978, Gladbach thrashed Borussia Dortmund 12-0 to record the highest-ever margin of victory in the Bundesliga. A year later, they beat Red Star Belgrade to claim the UEFA Cup again, and although they also made the final in 1980, the trophy was lost to Bundesliga rivals Eintracht Frankfurt. 

Over the next ten years, Borussia remained among the elite in German football, but trophies proved elusive. Gladbach lost the 1984 DFB Cup final on penalties to arch-rivals Bayern, and made the UEFA Cup semi-finals in 1987 only to go out on the back of a home defeat to Dundee United. 

The 1990s proved a troubled decade for the proud club as they slid towards a muted centenary year. By now meandering in mid-table in the Bundesliga, the Foals reached the DFB Cup final in 1992 but lost to Hannover. A 16-year wait for silverware ended in 1995 with a third triumph in the domestic cup, but there have been no additions to the trophy cabinet since then. 

The club sank to a nadir four years later with a first-ever relegation from the top flight. Borussia were back in the elite two seasons later, but as a humble shadow of their former selves. Tenth in 2005/06 was the best they could manage, and they slipped to the second division again a year later. 

The present
Borussia regained their top-flight status at the first attempt and were back for the 2008/09 campaign, but the glory days of the 1970s are a fast-fading memory, with finishes in 15th and 12th places in the last two seasons. However in 2011/2012 season Gladbach qualified for the Champions League Playoff Stage but their hopes have been dented by the sale of Marco Reus to Dortmund. Their future lies with Luuk de Jong his replacement and Marc Andre Ter Stegen possibly a future German one who has been compared with Oliver Kahn

The stadium
The Foals moved to the newly-constructed Borussia Park in July 2004. The state-of-the-art arena, built on a site relinquished by the British military, replaced the legendary but ageing Bokelberg and boasts a capacity of 54,057. The Borussia Park site also houses the club’s administrative headquarters, a fan shop, a restaurant, the training facility and extensive car parking. The stadium, built at a cost of €86.9 million, has staged three Germany men’s internationals to date, and is one of the nine venues for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011 in Germany.

SAOa7X4.jpg

Lucien Favre learned the hard way that sometimes, it probably is not wise to complain about your employer on Facebook. Of course, when Borussia Dortmund also happens to be your most hated club team, it might be a little more difficult to bite your tongue when they sign one of your favorite players in Marco Reus. After legendary Forward Marco Reus was allowed to sign with Dortmund, Favre took to Facebook to voice his frustration with management and more directly at the club president – and after this was discovered, the Manager was fired as a result and barred from attending all further Gladbach Games, he was taken to court and was made to pay Gladbach €8 Million in compensation and was sacked by gross misconduct

S04BGdG.jpg

Meanwhile in Sweden Henrik Larsson had got up early to watch his nephew compete in his first biathlon competition in Stockholm. When his phone began to rang, on the Line was Gladbach's Club President Rolf Konings.

HL- Henrik Larsson
RK- Rolf Konings

RK- Good Morning Mr Larsson , We have been informed that you've just been sacked by a third division Swedish Club

HL- Talk about rubbing salt into the wounds, it was my first job and I've seen better highland league players than some of them, the pitch was awful, we had to train at a school , I wouldn't call it prime conditions for a decent manager to go to would you?

RK- Not at all Mr Larsson, My Name is Rolf, The Club President of Gladbach a team in the Bundesliga First Division, We are looking for a new manager after our previous manager Luciene was sacked by Gross Misconduct

HL- Wow! I'd be flattered to join such an world famous club but sadly I can't I'm still in dispute over not been paid for the last six months and Helsingborgs have offered me their assistant managers job, which I have already accepted, thank you for the offer though

RK: Is that so Mr Larsson , then me and the club can only wish you good luck for the future, Good Bye.

Back in his office "Damn It! He was our first choice and we've got no other managers in our radar, back to drawing board then." Dass ist nicht so Gut"

Welcome to the site, great write up :).

Thank You  :D  

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg

Gladbach have released the following Statement:

We would like to announce to the fans that we are finalising a deal with an ex professional who is very much close to our hearts and has many ties with the Bundesliga and Gladbach. The announcement is set to be made at Borussia-Park this afternoon

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpgGladbach Statement
The Club is proud to announce that Didi Hamman will be our new manager replacing Luciene. The 39 year old is a German footballer who was most recently manager at Stockport County. Throughout his career, he has played for Bayern Munich, Newcastle United, Liverpool, and Manchester City primarily in a defensive midfield position. He also spent time at Milton Keynes Dons as a player/coach before joining Leicester City as a first team coach. He was a member of the German national side from 1997 until 2006. His ambitions and expectations lead us to our decision as he wants to create the golden era like the 1970's. He will hold a press conference with the press later this afternoon

ZnMqTHS.png
Didi Hamman Press Conference
J- Journalist
DH- Didi Hamman
bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg
The Journalist is Jurgen Ottamier from Bild Sport

J- "Welcome to Borussia- Park, Didi."

D- “It is a pleasure to be at this club , the fans all have a special link with my greatest club side Liverpool.”

J-"Alright, Didi, let's begin the questions. First, What are your feelings on being the manager at Gladbach after you failed to keep Stockport in the Football League ?"

D-"Stockport County was and still is a massive learning curve for me as a manager, I can only apologize for what happened, the takeover bid never happened and I didn't get the budget I needed to keep them up. Taking over the Gladbach job will be easier as I have a strong knowledge of the Bundesliga and still think it is the best league in the world , the fans have the best atmosphere and the all clubs in Germany care about the fans first profit second unlike in England."

J – Do you think that you can build on last seasons success without star player Marco Reus

DH- I think it's going to be very difficult, however the club has a lot of young wonderkids that can take the club forward so hopefully we can finish 4th in the league again and I’d also like to win the DFB Pokal this year

J - What kind of transfers do you expect to be making this year?

DH – Due to the financial state of the club and our biggest sponsor Audi pulling out over the comments of Luciene, the chairman has given me a modest 800K to spend. I could sell players to buy new ones but they all deserve a chance at the club so they will all stay until at least January. In terms of players coming in I’d like to sign a goal keeper to cover for Marc- Andre Ter Stegen and possibly another striker on loan, preferably Samed Yesil who is a vibrant kid that can lead the line for the national team in the coming years. 

J - What do you think are realistic targets for your team this season?

DH - I think this season we should realistically be putting a good challenge for the continental places, and also winning the domestic cups. A good run in Europe would also be really helpful, as it could make us some much-needed money and raise the profile of our club and hopefully help us tie down deals for some of the younger players because if we do not have a good season they will look to leave and we cant afford to keep them against their will

J - Alright, What do you make of the current backroom staff? 

DH – The staff at the club are fantastic however I need to fill in a few roles as the First Team Coach and Luciene’s assistant resigned and we have a vacancy for a goalkeeper coach and a Sporting Director. The good news is that I have already recruited staff in these positions and I know them all very well.

My assistant manager for the next 4 years will be Christian Ziege , I played with him internationally and at Liverpool and his current work for the Germany National team Youth System has attracted my attention and the DFB have allowed him to join up with Gladbach. I am assured it will be a popular choice as Christian spent many years at this club and will know what it feels like to play at this fantastic club. I have appointed Former Grasshopper manager Ciriaco Sforza as my first team coach , Oliver Kahn as my Goalkeeping Coach and Thomas Helmer as Sporting Director. I have played with Oliver and Thomas at international level and Sforza was a real help when I first broke into the Munich First Team. Oliver will be helping ter Stegen to become the goalkeeper he is hyped up to be while Sforza will bring fresh ideas to training allowing me and Thomas to focus on the tactics and transfer side of the club.

J- Wow! There’s a lot of experience their good luck with the season and we will catch up with you soon

ZnMqTHS.png
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::zQ0x2Uh.jpg

Didi sat down with Christian and looked over his new team and instantly saw the youthfulness and talent his club had:

Luuk De Jong
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::yqdJAFK.png
Name: Luuk de Jong
Current Team: Borussia M.Gladbach
Shirt Number: 9
Positions: 
Forward
Height: 188cm
Weight: 86kg
Nationality: Netherlands
Bought for 15 Million Euros from FC Twente to replace Reus , he is the future of the ream alongside Peniel Mlapa upfront and only 21 de Jong is the spear head of a very youthful attack

Marc-Andre ter Stegen
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::v7Mi8pz.jpg
Marc-Andre ter Stegen (20) professional football career started at his local club Borussia Mönchengladbach, where he earned his debut in April 2011. He has later recorded 57 appearances for Gladbach, and is a regular first team member.
Even though he's still young and has many years to develop further, he has become one of the main transfer targets for world class clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid, and has the potential to beat Manuel Neuer for the number 1 spot of the German national team and is worth 5.75 million Euros

Granit Xhaka
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::GUGehOV.jpg
He is a young but promising player who works good as a deep lying playmaker, similar to Pirlo, but with dribbling skills. Who will lead the midfielder and link up with Havard Nordtveit as the two centre midfields worth 7.25 Million Euros and only 19 Granit has a very exciting career ahead of him.

tTEsJbe.jpg
The Full Squad
Here is the list of the Full Squad:
Borussia Mönchengladbach – 2012/2013 Full Squad List

Goalkeepers:

Marc-Andre Ter Stegen – 1
5.75 Million euros
Janis Blaswich – 21
180K Euros
Christofer Heimeroth – 33
800K Euros

Defenders:

Matthias Zimmermann – 2
1.3 Million Euros
Filip Daems – 3
875K Euros
Roel Brouwers – 4
1.5 Million Euros
Oscar Wendt – 17
2.8 million Euros
Tony Jantschke – 24
6 Million Euros
Niklas Dams – 37
275K Euros
Alvaro Dominguez
4.3 million Euros
Martin Stranzl
2 Million Euros

Midfielders:

Tolga Cigerci – 6
5.5 Million Euros
Patrick Herrmann – 7
7.5 million Euros
Lukas Rupp – 8
4.8 Million Euros
Thorben Marx – 14
2.6 million Euros
Havard Nordtveit – 16
6.25 Million Euros
Juan Arango – 18
3.6 Million Euros
Amin Younes – 25
2.3 Million Euros
Julian Korb – 27
325K Euros
Granit Xhaka – 34
7.25 Million Euros
Alexander Ring
525K Euros

Strikers:

Luuk De Jong
11.5 Million Euros
Igor de Camargo – 10
4.1 Million Euros
Mike Hanke – 19
5.25 Million Euros
Peniel Mlapa – 22
7 Million Euros
Branimir Hrgota – 31
5.25 Million Euros

SAOa7X4.jpg

Bundesliga and Pre Season announcements
ZnMqTHS.png

Friendlies:
10 July 2012: Union Berlin (A)
14 July 2012: Ingolstadt (A)
4 August 2012: Paderborn (H)

Bundesliga
18 August 2012: Frankfurt H)
26 August 2012: Furth (A)
8 September 2012: The Homecoming of Marco Reus (H)
16 September 2012: Mainz (A)
19 September 2012: FC Bayern (A)
22 September 2012: Hamburg (H)
30 September 2012: Werder Bremen (A)

VcCWrRE.png

10 August 2012: Lotte (H)

00.png   Gladbach pixel.gifSend Private Message
ZnMqTHS.png
The Signing of Samed Yesil

:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::ipFHi3O.jpg

Samed Yesil is one of Germany's most promising young strikers.
Brendan Rodgers secured the teenager's services from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2012.
Born into a Turkish family in Dusseldorf, the striker was earmarked as an exciting prospect following a series of impressive performances at the U17 World Cup in 2011.
Yesil cut his teeth as a youngster with local clubs CfR Links and BV 04 Dusseldorf before joining Bundesliga heavyweights Leverkusen in 2005, where he would remain for seven years.
A prolific scorer among the youth divisions in his home country, Yesil's reputation grew with each goal and teammates began to nickname the prodigy 'Gerd' after the legendary German striker Gerd Muller.
Promoted rapidly through the youth ranks of the German national set-up, it was for the U17 team under former Tottenham midfielder Steffen Freund that Yesil began to make a serious mark.
Three goals at the U17 European Championship in May 2011 helped Germany secure second place but were merely a precursor to a sensational three weeks at the U17 World Cup the following month.
Beginning the tournament with a brace in a 6-1 victory over Ecuador, Yesil was a star turn in Mexico throughout the competition. The attacker was on target again as USA were eliminated in the last 16.
England fans may have had their first glimpse of him in the subsequent quarter-final as the striker left a lasting impression, tapping home from close range twice as the Germans ran out 3-2 winners.
His sixth goal arrived during their semi-final defeat by hosts Mexico, who would go on to win the tournament, but Freund's youngsters capped a strong campaign by claiming third place.
With Leverkusen suffering a turbulent season in 2011-12, first-team chances were scarce for Yesil, who had stayed with the Bundesliga side during the summer despite reported interest from a host of European clubs.
But a managerial change in April 2012 - which involved former Red Sami Hyypia taking the reins - saw the then 17-year-old make his debut as a substitute against Hertha Berlin.
It would prove to be Yesil's only appearance for the German side, as Rodgers identified the striker as an ideal candidate to join his project at Anfield.
Then on the 3rd July 2012 Rodgers let the young German Forward return to Bundesliga and link up with former Red Didi Hamman's Gladbach side.
Hamman" Yesil is a very young skilled and gifted player that can play upfront or in the hole, he will be very much part of the first team here and hopefully will guide us to a execellent seasona s he will partner Luuk De Jong Upfront". Gladbach now posses three of the hottest German Youngsters with ter Stegen (Next Oliver Kahn) Samed Yesil (Next Gerd Muller) and Patrick Herrmann next (Günter Netzer)

ozkFcJF.png

Didi's First Game in Charge

Didi Hamman's first game was against Union Berlin inn a friendly match at Stadion An der Alten Försterei. Didi picked a very attacking line up playing 4-4-2 Attacking with ter Stegen in Goal , a back four of Jantschike Stranzl Dominguez © Daems , A midfield of Herrmann Nordtveit Xhaka Arango and De Jong partnering Yesil Upfront.

The game started slowly with the first real chance coming in the 17th Minute a free kick that Arango dispatched over the bar. At half time neither keeper had been tested and it remained 0-0.In the secondhalf Gladbach switched to 4-3-3 with Hanke replacing Herrmann and he provided the through ball to Nordtveit to score the winner in the 86th Minute.

STvX8.png

Champions League Playoff Draw 

Gladbach will play FC Vaslui in the Champions League Playoff. The first leg will be on the 15 August 2012 and the return leg the 22nd of the same month.

Who are FC Vaslui ?

Sporting Club Vaslui are a Romanian football club from Vaslui, which currently plays in Liga I, the top level of Romanian football. Formed in 2002 as Fotbal Club Municipal Vaslui, the club assumed its final name in 2005 and is currently the top-ranked football club from Vaslui.
Following its promotion to Liga I in 2005, the club has become one of the most prominent in Romania. It has gained a European spot in each of the past five seasons, narrowly missing the championship in 2012, and losing its first Romanian Cup final in 2010. Since their foundation the club have finished each season in a higher rank than in the previous.
The official team colours are yellow and green, giving rise to the nickname yellow-greens, but lately their away strip consisted of white with black stripes.

ZnMqTHS.png

Pre Season Report
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::7It2oCM.png

Pre Season got off to a slow start with just a 1-0 win over Union Berlin in a game that we were supposed to dominate , Havard Nordtveit scored the only goal from a Hanke assist.

The second game against Ingolstadt was a complete domination winning 4-1 with adouble from new loan signings Alex Ring and Jordan Ibe , a switch to 4-1-2-2-1 proved effective for Didi's men

The Final Pre Season game against Paderborn resulted in a 3-0 win with two goals from Tolga Cigerci and a penalty from Luuk De Jong who is finally proving his hefty price tag.

Didi can take great hope from these games although they were against lesser opposition and his real test will begin with games against Lotte , Vaslui Frankfurt Vaslui and Furth all with 16 days of each other in the month of August

I'm guessing you're going this on FM and FMH? I see you've also posted this on fm scout :).

Just FMH only just been told about this so im copying all my story from FM scout onto here

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg
Martin Stranzl Injury Update
The Club Doctor has today confirmed that Martin Stranzl will be out of first team matches for a month after damaging his shoulder in a collision with a flood light after he ran into it. Bild have questioned whether the Austrian can reclaim his place and the first team coach Ciriaco Sforza has said that as soon as he is ready he will be back in the starting line out but for now Rob Brouwers will take his place

ZnMqTHS.png

August Round Up B9ZpV2I.jpg

VcCWrRE.png

1st Round Gladbach 5-0 Lotte (Hrgota 4, Hanke 8,23,30, Jantschke 15)
2nd Round 23rd October 2012 FC Bayern (A)

:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::Y2THBhe.jpg
Gladbach 2-2 Frankfurt (Yesil 14, Arango 75)
Greuther Furth 1-0 Gladbach
League Position: 15th

STvX8.png

PlayOff Round Fc Vaslui 1-2 Gladbach (Herrmann8, Nordtveit 80)
Gladbach 2-0 FC Vaslui (Hanke 16,19)

Group Stage Group H:
Gladbach
Juventus
Valencia
Galatasaray

Transfers In

As midnight approached Didi was at his desk pondering how to improve the midfield and realised the answer Atiba Hutchinson of PSV:

:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::8nRMHZK.jpg

Atiba Hutchinson is Canadian who used to play for PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch Eredivisie. While playing in Denmark he won the Danish Super Liga Player of the Year becoming the first North American player to receive the award. In August 2012 Atiba made a move to German side Gladbach for 2.3 Million Euros and is deemed as an experienced head among a team focused on youth

Other transfers In:

Samed Yesil - (Loan, Liverpool)
wIR1iQi.jpg
Jordan Ibe (Loan, Liverpool)
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::h9w2y5K.jpg
Zakaria Labyad (loan, Sporting Lisbon)
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::9xNXPZg.jpg

Transfers Out

Matthias Zimmermann (Leverkusen,1.5 Million Euros)
:: Image was resized. Click on it to see original size ::uS2vEDR.jpg
Zimmermann started his footballing career in VfB Grötzingen's youth categories. In 2008, he moved to Karlsruher SC. He made his debut for Karlsruhe in 6 December 2009, in a 3–1 away victory against Rot Weiss Ahlen, after coming off the bench to replace Lars Stindl in the 90th minute. 
On 18 June 2011, Zimmermann joined Borussia Mönchengladbach, signing a three-year contract with the new club, lasting until 2014. In August 2012, Zimmermann was sold to Bayern Leverkusen for 1.5 Million Euros

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg

Interview with Samed Yesil and Jordan Ibe

SY-Samed Yesil 
JI- Jordan Ibe 
B-Bild 

B-Welcome to Gladbach , what are your first impressions of the club? 

SY- The set up is very much like Leverkusen where I was last year all the players are very friendly and I think playing in this country before has helped 

JI- Samed can you translate? [samed Translates] I find this an exciting venture but I am still missing England I had only just broken into the first team but with the arrival of Coutinho and Sturridge , The manager thought it was best that I gained some experience somewhere else 

B-You’ve only been here 21 days but who are your best friends in the squad besides your Liverpool team mate? 

SY- It has to be ter Stegen we have played together in the national under 21 team and he is a great laugh and has a great career ahead of him.

JI- Its hard to say Im just learning German but the addition of Hutchinson, should help me as we are the only English speaking players here although Alvaro Dominguez is a decent laugh and has become my room rate my Spanish GCSE really comes in handy there 

B-Arent we missing Zakaria Labyad ? 

SY- Ya , He’s got the flu today but we will bring him along next time.

B- Tell him to get well soon and good luck for the season ahead , we will organise another meeting later in the year. Tschus

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg

Marco Reus

huKLJo9.jpg

J- Otto Mestiens
MR- Marco Reus

J- Who are you settling in at Dortmund?

MR-Hmmm," he hums with a smile. "It's hard to say if it was a statement. I just felt this is the best-supported team with players who work well together under a great coach. Players don't come and go as often as they do at Bayern. It's the same with the manager. I felt there would be more stability and consistency here. It was the best place for me, and I was coming home."

J- What do you think of Lucien Flavre’s Comments?

MR- Flavre was a very good manager to me, he always supported me and helped me improve my game and I will always remember him as he was the man that improved my game and he gave me the key to join Dortmund. However his comments weren’t appropriate for the climate and all I can say is that I feel sorry for the new manager and the fans, he wasn’t helped the new manager and all I can say on the matter Is that Didi is a top footballer and hopefully he can lead Gladbach to safety and continental success. 

J- Do you have a message for the Gladbach Fans?

MR- they are the best fans in the world and I have unfinished business with them and hopefully one day I will go back

bild_zps5ae0bee8.jpg

Patrick Herrmann: The Latest

Patrick Herrmann has today announced that he wants to leave the club to pursue his career at a higher level and challenge himself more like Marco Reus did this summer. Herrmann” Gladbach has been a great stepping stone but now I need to move on and force my way into the national squad , to this I need to be playing Champions league football regularly and with a team of players that reflect league winners not just a team that jumps between divison”

Christian Ziegler” The club has rejected Patrick’s request and he will be a Gladbach player until the end of his contract and hopefully by then he will want to say, until then the club has nothing else to say on the matter”

These comments will be met with laughter by Lucien Favre as the ex-boss predicted the leaving of star players if Didi didn’t do very well.

ZnMqTHS.png

September Suprises

::Q8ysQwo.png

The month started well for Didi with a 2-0 win over Dortmund thanks to a double from Mike Hanke, however off the field revelations concerning Patrick Herrmann ruined the win as the 21 year old wanted to force a move to a bigger club. Then former manager Lucien released a stunning attack on Didi saying he wouldn’t last the season.
The following game Lucien’s words looked to rile Didi and his team as they lost 2-0 against Mainz thanks to goals from Sliskovic and Baumgartlinger. Three days later Didi’s men rallied together and beat Bayern 1-0 thanks to Luuk De Jong’s solo strike leading them to their second win in third games a big improvement on August’s form. The following Saturday Gladbach beat Hamburg 2-0 with goals from Hanke his third in five games and Alvaro’s Dominguez’s first goal for the club. The last game of the season saw Gladbach travel to Bremen knowing a win would take them a both our hosts and sadly drew 1-1 with De Jong’s strike being cancelled out by Nils Peterson a summer signing from Bayern Munich leaving the club 6th in the league.
:TWPToF0.png

STvX8.png

Gladbach played two European games this month losing one and winning one in their first game away at Valencia they lost 2-1 as goals from Sergio Canales and Ever Banega saw Gladbach get beat however a consolation goal from de Jong gave the visitors hope but De Jong and co couldn’t find the equaliser.In the first home game in Europe at the Borussia-Park Gladbach marked it with a 1-0 win against Juventus thanks to a goal by Juan Arango. Gladbach are 3rd in the group on goal difference.
DFH0RVw.png

Didi” This month has been a lot better than August many thanks to the team being behind me and ignoring the comments of Lucien however there are one or two players that still think they are better than the club and they will be dealt with internally they know who they are and should put the club before their future if they are good enough on the pitch the offers will come and if the price is too high to resist they will be sold, that is the end of that matter. Hanke, de Jong and Arango have been real professionals this month and all credit must go to them while some of the young players should start following their example.”

October’s Revolution

HBzhUiaB_Pxgen_r_300xA.jpg
Didi”4 wins out of six games has been a very good month for the club. I was especially impressed with the game against Valencia where won 4-0 to take us top of the group thanks to goals from Arango De Jong and Ring. The 5-0 win against Dusseldorf was very promising as was the 2-1 comeback against Galatasary thanks to Wendt and Herremann, contract discussions are being resolved eventually. The 4-0 defeat to Bayern was very disappointing especially as I though we could win the Cup but they are the best team in Germany at the moment and the 1-0 loss at Hannover was very unfortunate we dominated the play for 88 minutes and one referring decision cost us the game”

uOOTP4H.png

Here is our first interview, of course it had to be with Luuk de Jong who is proving every penny of his 15 Million Euros Price Tag:

The former Twente striker Luuk de Jong was brought in for 15 million Euros.
Here is what he had to say about his new club, his goals and living in Germany when BMG interviewed him earlier.

BMG: Have you found your way already?
Luuk de Jong: Everything is wonderful! I have been received well. And in Roel Brouwers I have a Dutchman as my room-mate, who is making it much easier for me to find my way.

BMG: You are losing your nightly sleep due to Roel Brouwers snoring according to our information. True?
Luuk de Jong: Well, as a matter of fact I have woken up a couple of times, because of it. But, I don’t care. He is really helping me a lot. Especially in terms of learning German.

BMG: So, he is your German teacher?
Luuk de Jong: He, and especially German TV. Watching a lot of telly really helps…

BMG: Why on earth have you chosen to join Borussia?
Luuk de Jong: My dad was in Gladbach a couple of times, and he waxed lyrical about training conditions, the stadium and the fans. The city is only 1.5 hours away from my home town Doetinchem. I am a family person, I need to be surrounded by my friends. I’m searching for a house that I can rent in Gladbach, however. Commuting back and forth would be too annoying.

BMG: Are you actually as good as your predecessor Marco Reus, who has joined Dortmund? He scored 18 goals last season.
Luuk de Jong: Marco scored 18 goals last season, which is a great achievement. But, I’m striker and I certainly want to score. Predicting the amount of goals I’m going to score is difficult, because it is my first season.

BMG: Is it easier to score goals in the Netherlands?
Luuk de Jong: Certainly! The standard isn’t as good as in Germany. Every game is a first class match in the Bundesliga.

BMG: Your fellow Dutchman Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has found his way in Germany, and was the league’s top scorer last season. Are you going to be the ”new Huntelaar” of the Bundesliga?
Luuk de Jong: Pah, that is a mean question! Klaas is a fantastic striker, the best poacher in Germany. I would love to score as frequently and be as good as him for sure. But, I’m only 21 years old, and I can learn a lot from him in terms of his technique, his movement and his ruthlessness in front of goal.

BMG: Would you prefer to be crowned champion, or to be the league’s top scorer?
Luuk de Jong: Hello? Champion? That is too much to hope for at the moment. I’d gladly give up being the league’s top scorer if it mean that we’d be topping the table.

BMG : So, Gladbach haven’t got what it takes to win the title?
Luuk de Jong: The club has taken the next step towards the top with its transfers. But, we should stay realistic! Maybe we’ll be able to win a title during the next five seasons. I haven’t signed until 2017 without any long-term goals in sight…

BMG: You could be crowned World Cup champion with the Netherlands in 2014…
Luuk de Jong: Loads of stuff can happen before 2014. But, it is my goal to become a regular in the Dutch national team set-up. I consider it to be an advantage that our coach wants to build a side around younger players.

BMG: In what regard is living Germany better than living in the Netherlands?
Luuk de Jong: The Autobahn, for sure! You are able to drive as quickly as you want in Germany. I’m currently driving a VW, but I’ll be buying a new car very soon. I don’t know which car I’ll purchase, all I know is that I’ll be able to drive a lot faster then.

Great stuff! Reading it on Fmscout to! :D

They are both the same

Be interesting to see how Younes and Hrgota develop as they did well for me.

Hrgota is mainly starting on the bench while Younes has just come back from injury

The Club has released the following statement:

Following Lucien Favre's comments about our current manager DIDI Hamman, the club would like to announce they have approached the DFB and have lodged a complaint about Mr Favre's behaviour. His behaviour and choice of words were very hurtful and aggressive and questioned Didi's capabilities which he has shown by beating Dortmund Munich Juventus Valencia and Galatasaray and with the club sitting 2nd in the league one point behind Dortmund, Didi is exceeding our expectations.

The Club has released the following statement:

Due to a recent problem with saved game file , the club has been found as corrupt due to illegal back payments and match fixing as a result the club has been banned from all football for the next 10 years with the management staff getting bans for life.

Please Note I will be creating a new game soon but who should I be ?

Why copy over a career that you already knew you didn't complete due to a corrupt save file?

It hasnt corrupt then it was this morning