Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Youth academy not producing?

PaddyK94

October in the 17/18 season with the mighty Hibees! Finally got a youth academy last season after winning the league 4 times in a row and consistently qualifying from the Champions league group stages. The challenge is that I'm only using players from the Brittish Isles so a youth academy is essentially what I was going to base my game on but it hasn't produced a single player yet and it's been a year since I got it? How long does it typically take to start producing players? I have space in my first team, plenty transfer and wage budget remaining, can't think if anything else I'd need? Hoping it isn't a glitch where it doesn't actually promote anyone?

Mighty? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, the less players in your squad and the more players shall be promoted.

Lets be clear here, quite sadly I don't feel as though the "with Youth Academy" actually means anything other than 20/20 Training Facilities and a cheap money-grab by SI (IAP on per-save has option to "Buy a Youth Academy") while shunting "Superb" to 19/20 Training...

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how many players you have and the players that are retiring (so if you're top you'll get better players).

If there were newgens then having a youth academy level would make the whole game so much better as far as homegrown talent goes.

And the fake ones are terrible fakes and it screws up balance in a team...

Eg. Once I had Barca with no Left-backs, Alba had switched to a right back, Adriano was very very poor and everyone had lower than 10 pace...

yeah, I have the same problem, they never got promoted in a season, so then I went out and bough some youngsters elsewhere, then from random, a whole load get promoted and they all seem to be irish (im West Brom btw) rubish stats, rubbish report so i ended up releasing them all and they havent found a club yet lol :P 

I dunno in my main save i just randomly get promoted players at random times and i have 35 players in my squad.......................

yeah, I have the same problem, they never got promoted in a season, so then I went out and bough some youngsters elsewhere, then from random, a whole load get promoted and they all seem to be irish (im West Brom btw) rubish stats, rubbish report so i ended up releasing them all and they havent found a club yet lol :P

I dunno in my main save i just randomly get promoted players at random times and i have 35 players in my squad.......................

I had like 50+ players for Barca. Then Alonso, Xavi, Villa and Casillas all decided to regen at the same time at La Masia :P

It's just luck

Usually happens at certain times in a save due to age spread being a bit screwed on database when multileagues are loaded

why no promotion when i get to 2031 with ec behia. i am worried

they used to promote me 11-14 player a season and i will use them for a long time :<

and some of the grow so strong

I have exactly the same problem when I managed Athletic Bilbao. In my save I chose England* (in full), Spain, Italy and Germany leagues as I want to build up my career first before coaching an English club. However, even I built a youth academy, it failed to generate any player as of year 2025 and in that save I have got only 13 players left in the first team, with three Spanish/Basque players snatched from other Spanish clubs.

I have exactly the same problem when I managed Athletic Bilbao. In my save I chose England* (in full), Spain, Italy and Germany leagues as I want to build up my career first before coaching an English club. However, even I built a youth academy, it failed to generate any player as of year 2025 and in that save I have got only 13 players left in the first team, with three Spanish/Basque players snatched from other Spanish clubs.

That's because there aren't any regens suitable for your club's reputation, you need to be patient... Of you only have 13 players you have serious management issues (:P)

That's because there aren't any regens suitable for your club's reputation, you need to be patient... Of you only have 13 players you have serious management issues ( :P)

Oh yeah and Kera knows about that. :P

That's because there aren't any regens suitable for your club's reputation, you need to be patient... Of you only have 13 players you have serious management issues ( :P)

Oh man, I managed to get all the Basque elite players at their prime: Illarramendi, Monreal, Inigo Martinez, Cezar Azpilicueta, Antoine Griezmann, Pardo, Stephane Ruffier in five years and won everything successively after that but the youth academy set up in the 4th year still go sabotage and produce nothing... :(

Then buy some Basque regens, they can be any nationality btw, that's why the Basque player choice widens over time :). It means you can get some really great players.

Similar to Paddy, the challenge is that, in that save game I was playing with only "real" Basque (Spanish, French) players so if it is an unavoidable bug I will have no choice but stop playing...

Similar to Paddy, the challenge is that, in that save game I was playing with only "real" Basque (Spanish, French) players so if it is an unavoidable bug I will have no choice but stop playing...

Um it's not a bug, in real life, people can be classified as "Basque" but not play for Spain or France, eg. Fernando Amorebieta.

Why?

He was Spanish/Basque until recently but he and this other Spanish Centre-back decided that they were never gonna play for Spain so got Venezuelan citizenship to play national football (and maybe cash in, who knows).

Anyhow, you can get non-Spanish/French "Basque" players because the definition of a "Basque" player by Athletic is:

"Any player who is either:

1) Of Basque descent

2) Was born in the Basque Country region"

This, as Sunny (the master of Basqueness) pointed out a year or so ago- means it makes sense that non-Spanish/French players can be Basque. This is because if Messi was born in the Basque country and not in Rosario he'd technically be "Basque" by definition.

Normally, what happens in real life, is that the player is then convinced to represent Spain or France instead of their native country or "other" native country (eg. Ramalho, who has quite interesting heritage).

No bugs here, just like with the youth academy (though it can obviously be improved)

Um it's not a bug, in real life, people can be classified as "Basque" but not play for Spain or France, eg. Fernando Amorebieta.

Why?

He was Spanish/Basque until recently but he and this other Spanish Centre-back decided that they were never gonna play for Spain so got Venezuelan citizenship to play national football (and maybe cash in, who knows).

Anyhow, you can get non-Spanish/French "Basque" players because the definition of a "Basque" player by Athletic is:

"Any player who is either:

1) Of Basque descent

2) Was born in the Basque Country region"

This, as Sunny (the master of Basqueness) pointed out a year or so ago- means it makes sense that non-Spanish/French players can be Basque. This is because if Messi was born in the Basque country and not in Rosario he'd technically be "Basque" by definition.

Normally, what happens in real life, is that the player is then convinced to represent Spain or France instead of their native country or "other" native country (eg. Ramalho, who has quite interesting heritage).

No bugs here, just like with the youth academy (though it can obviously be improved

But don't you have to be a certain age to claim a nationality?