Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Why piracy is restricting FMH

Dec

I said almost double. There is only a dolar for a real "twice". Online games keep in-app consumables' price high in order to keep the contention hot. I share my own opinion. This doesn't mean I supply pirate soft, use them or support any unlicensed idea. Basically you could run this forum with a "nulled" one. But you also pay for Forum License + Hosting

I don't get pirating games, yeh you save money but in my own experience its a hassle getting it to work, its often out dated and you get no support if something doesn't work or you need help with something. Maybe its a bit different with apps but with a lot of PC games, if you have a pirated edition it normal wont work with any of the awesome mods that come out later. My point is that after the effort you go to get a free game...well its only £7 and you'll literally play the damn thing for HOURS. In terms of game time, FMH is the best value game i own by miles.

Fed up of the excuses around pirating software now, so i've got an idea (not sure how easy it would be for Marc and the team to implement...)

Let the user play as usual, but give them no transfer budget whatsoever when a save starts (cheeky message around someone stealing the clubs profits maybe?!) Then, for every game they play, make sure there are 0 shots on target for both teams with little going on, then the CPU always scores a 90th minute winner for a 1-0 win!

Game Dev Tycoon did something similar, with players of pirated copies losing tens-hundreds of thousands a year to piracy of their own games. I like your idea, Vaile. They could expand it to a message about players being suspected of fixing games. I'd be immensely amused to see someone complaining about it.

Unfortunately, I've also seen DRM of this sort backfire, as angry players of pirated copies flood Steam, GOG, and other distribution sites posting negative reviews claiming the game is bugged/broken. Even with knowledge abound that those problems are restricted to unlicensed copies, it can still hurt the perception of the game by future new adopters. It's sad, really. It seems to be a particular vulnerability of developing for the Android market. Not being an iOS user, I can't speak for whether or not rooted iDevices can be installed with illegitemate software. I do remember when FMH2012 was released for Android, reading an article that SEGA/SI had reported somehwere around 5 activations of FMH for every paid purchase, signalling an insane amount of piracy. It was shocking, and I believe (I'm NOT positive here) that Mark Vaughan had even mentioned that SI was considering not releasing 2013 for Android devices purely on account of the piracy, that it was not worth the development time for so little sales.

This is incredible. The amount of ppl pirating FMH here in HK is crazy.

Well at least in my skl, about 3 players bought the game, others pirated it ...