Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 [COMPLETED] DOUBLE TROUBLE - FROM SPAIN, WITH LOVE.

wallywonka

Hi guys, I have been following this site for awhile and have been amazed at what many of you have done. I have tried some of the challenges here, but never posted anything thus far. And so I've decided to come out of the closet and post my first career. It wont be as entertaining as Graveluth/Jens career, not as explosive as any of Ashez careers, but I hope this can be the first of many successful careers for a budding manager like me   ;)  And so i present to you, DOUBLE TROUBLE - FROM SPAIN, WITH LOVE.

THE TEAM

JUUox1h.png

Paris Saint-Germain Football Club

Les Rouge-et-Bleu

THE ASSASSINS

MlmAHmZ.png

Rodrigo Moreno Machado

KeAvpNI.png

Pedro José Martín Moreno

Both these players aren't exactly unknowns in the world of FMH. I've used Pedro before as my backup striker on the Atletico Madrid challenge (Attempted, but never posted.) He was beast, averaging more than a goal a game even though he was used very sparingly. I see why Peely loves him  :P. As for Rodrigo, it will be my first time managing him and i hope he is as good as Pedro if not better. Well enough talk, lets get down to business.

Good luck

Came out of closet :P

But seriously good luck :)

Good luck

Woohoo! More people trying my challenge :D

Good Luck :)

Thanks for the wellwishes.

I started a 1k challenge with Rodrigo this year, but I never posted because I got bored after 3 seasons haha! He's class, as Pedro. Best of luck mate.

I like what i see so far ;)

Cheers for the mention and best of luck, these two should walk it :).

The Legend!

SEASON 1

First time posting a career, and i miss out on the most important thing, the league table :P Anyway the league was a breeze. Won the French Cup too. Not a tough ask for PSG but good start anyways.

r793IVF.png

PEDRO

Rnv9H6e.png

BbCrCqZ.png

RODRIGO

NNFz5lB.png

w2ZfjMl.png

bObH77s.png

Not a bad start to the challenge. Pedro looks good even with average stats. Expect more from him as his stats improve with IT. As for Rodrigo, stats look awesome, not bad returns goal and assist wise. Ligue 1 POTY was well deserved. Looking forward to the second season. I hope they get capped internationally soon.

STATS AFTER SEASON 1

CLUB GOALS - 79

INTERNATIONAL GOALS - 0

TOTAL GOALS - 79

TOTAL ASSISTS - 23

Nice start. What tactic were you using mate?

I'm using different variations of a 4312. Sometimes I play with a AMC and sometimes with a winger.

That's a good start. And as well for your first career on Vibe you have presented it well not like other people have done in the past. So well done mate and good luck :)

SEASON 2

We won the league by a mere 3 points. OM really pushed my team to the limit. We swept the domestic cups too. Not bad considering the Champions Trophy defeat to Lyon at the start of the season. The champions league however was a disappointment. Made it out of the group stages only to fall at the next hurdle. Rodrigo grabbed the Ligue 1 POTY and my APM Coutinho managed the YPOTY. Not bad a season overall.

EmUVXZF.png

70xR6BE.png

mUAiimj.png

PEDRO

NfSEq5Z.png

RODRIGO

u6C66i0.png

I always forget something eh. Forgot screenshots of the players stats this time. But after another season of IT their stats are slowly on the rise. Both players slightly improved in terms of goals and assists. Not much more I could ask for but definitely expecting more from the twin terrors next season. Rodrigo also got called up to the Spain national side and did score on his debut however idk why it doesn't show on his player history. So i'm not going to count the international goals for this challenge.

STATS AFTER SEASON 2

PEDRO - 97

RODRIGO - 78

TOTAL GOALS - 175

TOTAL ASSISTS - 52

Oh yeah thanks for all the positive responses and well wishes. Hopefully this will be the first of many successful challenges for me. Nothing legendary but it will be nice to be able to see my name on a leaderboard someday :P

SEASON 3

Geez I keep forgetting to get the screenshot of the final league table. Anyway it was another successful season. Powered through the league and won the French Cup too. Semi-final defeats in the Coupe De La Ligue and Champions League meant that we had to settle for just 2 trophies. And for the third year running, we failed to get our hands on the Champions Trophy  :(. On a personal note, Rodrigo was voted Ligue 1 POTY for a third year running. Yipeeee.

CYQ64dX.png

QqQWgEc.png

PEDRO

KhUERUR.png

9y6wrun.png

RODRIGO

YkUu7Ns.png

ISJEslH.png

With ever improving stats, both players lived up to expectations this season, especially Rodrigo who had to deputise as chief goalscorer because Pedro had problems with his fitness. 62 goals with 20 assists, not much I could ask for eh. As for Pedro, 43 goals wasn’t a bad tally considering for most of the 48 appearances he racked up, he either got injured during matches or substituted due to fatigue. Overall, a great performance from the twin terrors this season. The future looks bright.

STATS AFTER SEASON 3

PEDRO - 140

RODRIGO - 140

TOTAL GOALS - 280

TOTAL ASSISTS - 80

Both players on 140 goals now. I might tweak the formation a little. Been using a ADF/PCR strikeforce the past 3 seasons but seeing how well Rodrigo as a PCR when Pedro was out injured, I’m tempted to try out a TM/PCR strikeforce with Pedro playing in his favoured TM role.

Well that’s one for the next update.

With international goals, friendlys aren't displayed on the stats screen. You need to scroll across and look at international caps and goals scored

Getting better each season.

Oh, thanks for the mention, although all credit of the career you mentioned should go to me since my "other half" is too lazy to update HIS PART OF THE CAREER!

Rodrigo's stats are really going up! So are Pedro's but just slower. :)

Yeah Rodrigo's stats are beast but i dont mind those stats on Pedro if he can score 70 a season :P

Rodrigo's stats are really going up! So are Pedro's but just slower. :)

Yeah Rodrigo's stats are beast but i dont mind those stats on Pedro if he can score 70 a season :P

Yeah fair enough. :P

SEASON 4

Already season 4 and I still haven’t gotten use to this. Forgot the league table once again!! This season we swept everything there was on offer. And in style I might add.

Champions Trophy

kNLdOcr.png

The season got off to a flyer with our first Champions Trophy in 3 attempts. Rodrigo’s hat-trick putting Lyon to the sword.

Coupe De La Ligue

tZwwKDm.png

Pedro missed the final. But his backup had a wonderful game scoring a hat-trick as we stormed the cup.

French Cup

RX7qRmL.png

The twin terrors showed why they were feared in France with 3 of the 4 goals as we retained the French Cup.

Champions League

mvan2iz.png

First ever continental cup final, and we won it in style. 3 goals in 5 minutes set up the clubs most famous win yet.

tHJ3Q5e.png

Rodrigo winning a fourth straight Ligue 1 POTY and his first ever WPOTY award. Well deserved awards for the striker.

PEDRO

KKLTivo.png

RK0WPWK.png

RODRIGO

25jvZJD.png

leUdZVx.png

Totally satisfied with both players performance this season. Pedro bounced back from a poor season by smashing in 79 goals. Definitely getting into top gear. Rodrigo was not to be outshone and he himself improved on last seasons tally by a goal. And for the fourth year running, he led the team in assists. Not bad for a ‘sidekick’ eh? I can only wonder what to expect from the twin terrors next season.

STATS AFTER SEASON 4

PEDRO - 219

RODRIGO - 203

TOTAL GOALS - 422

TOTAL ASSISTS - 118

As the saying goes, ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’. Flirted with changing player roles at the start of the season but reverted back to the ADF/PCR after just a few games. One third of the challenge done, expect better the next few seasons. Thank you for all the support and encouragement guys.