Find results in...

2013 The start of a new life

PalaceAllTheWay

The start of a new life - Update 1

140px-Lille_OSC_logo.svg.png

*25 years into the future* - 2012

11:15pm - Home

Me - “Vanessa, pass me the beer”.

Vanessa - “Al, this is your fifth beer of the night. Give it up”.

Me – “Just pass me the fucking beer Vanessa. I’m not in the mood”

Vanessa – “Okay, but...”

*Phone rings*

Vanessa - “I’ll get it”

*talks for a minute”

Vanessa – “It’s for you Al”.

Al – “Pass it Here”

*Vanessa gives the phone to Al*

Michel Seydoux *French voice* – “Eh, is this Al Roddy?”

Al – “Yes”

Michel Seydoux – “We are in need of your assistance”

Al – “What do you need from me?”

Michel Seydoux - “I see you have been redundant for six months after being sacked by Swansea. Am I right?”

Al – “Yes, you’re right, now tell me what you want from me. I’ve got other things to do you know”.

Michel Seydoux – “I am the chairman of Lille football club. Recently our manager Rene Girard resigned and we think that you are the right person to take on the job”.

Al - "What makes you think I am the right person for the job?"

Michel Seydoux - "Well, you are young and you have won a few trophies in your career and we hope that you can extend that if you come here".

Al – “What shall I do then?”

Michel Seydoux – “Eh, it is simple. Come to the stadium and ask for Michel and say you are Mr.Roddy. I will need to talk to you”

Al – “So, do I have the job?”

Michel Seydoux – “Not really. I will need to interview you before anything progresses”.

Al – “Okay. What time should I be at the stadium?”

Michel Seydoux – “Come at 12:30. I should be available then”.

Al – “Thank you. I shall see you tomorrow”.

Michel Seydoux – “Eh, you too, Au Revoir”.

*Puts phone down*

Vanessa – “Who was that?”

Al – “Some French guy”.

Vanessa – “Oh, okay”

Al – “I’ll be off to bed now. Wake me up at 10:00”.

Vanessa – “Why 10:00?”

Al - "Its none of your business honey".

Vanessa - *sigh* "Okay".

The Start of a new life - Update 2

10:30 – Home

Al – “Vanessa. You forgot to wake me up. You’re useless”.

Vanessa - *sigh* “Sorry...”

11:00 – Home

Al – “Where are my keys?! I can’t find my bloody keys! Where the f*ck are the keys Vanessa?!”

Vanessa – “How am I supposed to know? You’re the one with the driving license”.

Al – “You’re the woman in the house; you’re supposed to know where everything is”

Vanessa – “I am sick of you treating me like a dog! I do everything for you and you don’t realise it! You can’t even have a normal conversation with me! All you do is demand things. If you step out that door I will leave this house! “

11:30 – Car

Al *talking to himself” – “Well, at-least I have the house to my-self.”

12:30 – Lille stadium

Al – “Can I talk to Michel. I am Mr.Roddy”

Servant – “Eh, yes. Follow me.”

12:32 – Michel’s office

Michel Seydoux – “Sit down”.

Al  - “There are no seats”.

Michel Seydoux – “Stand up then”.

Al – “Whatever you say...”

Michel Seydoux – “Okay. Eh, So your history with teams aren’t amazing; however it is still quite impressive as you are quite young for a manager. We need your young mind to help the team”.

Al – “What do you mean by my young mind”.

Michel Seydoux – “Football is different when you compare it to 50-60 years ago. There is more passing and skill. We need your young mind to have a positive influence on the players”.

Al – “I should be able to do that”.

Michel Seydoux – “Good, good. Do you speak any French? It would be very useful as most of our players are French”

Al – “I speak a bit of French. I can say bonjour, au revoir,  y’know, the simple stuff”.

Michel Seydoux – “Eh, it’s good enough. What can you bring to the club as a manager?”

Al – “Trophies,  youngsters and I can hopefully manage to get the club into Continental qualification”.

Michel Seydoux – “Well, you’re hired. I will give you a budget of £4.9m for transfers and £500k in wages. Try not to go over the wage limit and sign some young and quality players”.

Al – “I got it boss”.

Michel Seydoux – “Don’t be confused. I am not the boss, you are the boss. The players are outside doing some training. Go downstairs, you’ll find them there and introduce yourself”.

Al – "Before I go downstairs, can I ask where the owner is?"

Michel Seydoux - "Well usually the owner would be in my place doing the rituals of getting a new manager and setting the budget, but he's on holiday in Brazil, so I've taken his place for a bit".

The Start of a new life - Update 3

Transfers in:

Mathieu Peybernes - £3m - FC Sochaux-Montbeliard

Anthony Lopes - £700k - Olympique Lyonnais

Adrien Trebel - £700k - FC Nantes

Lorenzo Tassi - £250k - Brescia

Daniele Rugani - £250k - Empoli 

William Aho Abou - 80k - AC Arles-Avignon

Transfers Out:

Julian Michel - £600k - Chamois Niortais FC

Sebastien Pennacchio - £600k - EA Guingamp

Julien De Araujo - £300k - FC Bourg-Peronass

Barel Mauko - £140k - Amiens Sporting Club Football

Mour Samb - Loan - AS Cannes

Salvatore Crimi - Loan - Calais RUFC

Budget: £1.5m

KIU. Pity your wife walked out on you though ;)

Women are a just an air molecule floating in the sky when you're the Lille manager ;) .

Yea. Because all women would want to stay with a complete self-centered douchebag who treats them like crap  :unsure:.

Totally.

:P

KIU. Pity your wife walked out on you though ;)

Women are a just an air molecule floating in the sky when you're the Lille manager ;) .

Yea. Because all women would want to stay with a complete self-centered douchebag who treats them like crap  :unsure:.

Totally.

:P

Some women like men who act similar to that. Maybe another woman might crop up in the middle of the career...

The start of a new life - Update 4

Pre-Season 2012/13

The transfers had been coming in and Pre-Season came round the corner. The team looked quite solid, so we entered the match against Dijon FCO as favourites.

kjE62pW.jpg

The game was very disappointing as we had chances after chances and we could not finish them; however substitute Tulio just managed to secure a draw in 84th minute. If we perform like this in Ligue 1 than relegation will be sitting on our doorstep.

The next game was against Havre AC and after the horrific performance of the game against Dijon I made sure that we were not going to make the same mistakes, so I changed the team around and gave Tulio a first team start to see how he would perform.

M7kiqa9.jpg

To my delight the team performed well and new signing Tassi managed to smash a goal in. The 17 year old could potentially be the new Pirlo. Also, Tulio managed to grab two goals which helped him get the MOTM award.

I have a slight problem, but it can be fixed. My app (picup) that uploads the screenshots has decided to freeze. I was wondering if anyone has another app that uploads screenshots?

EDIT: I have decided to re-install it.

The start of a new life - Update 5

August

Players were coming and coming out and eventually we had to play our first game of the season against AS Saint-Etienne who had rejected our offer for the player Kurt Zouma.

fSqA0r5.jpg

It was a fair game with shots going either way, so the outcome wasn't a surprise.

Our Champions League play-off game was going to be against Pathaniakos, who are an established side, so I expected a hard game.

4VISVT8.jpg

The game wasn't hard at all as we dominated both halves with a 3-0 win.

Back to Ligue 1 and we faced FC-Sochaux. We expected an easy win.

FFsXvQz.jpg

Our performance was far from an "easy win". Payet got a red card and I forgot to put Center midfielders on the bench, so I ended up using my striker as a CM halfway through the game, but luckily De Melo scored to help us get that win we needed. Despite the dissapointing performance and my stupidity I was just happy we won the match.

After beating Olympiakos 3-0 in Greece, I didn't see them as much of a threat so I put out a weak team out and expected a win.

t1LnQKr.jpg

The win came and we won 5-0 on aggregate. All I needed then was an easy Champions League group.

We were back to the normal rituals of a game in Ligue 1 and against FC Lorient I didn't know what to expect, so I came into the game hoping for a win.

2pW4kLv.jpg

The Target Man Tulio De Melo managed to get a magnificent hat-rick as we rounded off August with a win.

Great start mate! :) Have a look at Vincent le Goff who plays in one of the lower leagues (3rd or 4th division) - only costs about £20k but easily a Ligue 1 standard midfielder!

The start of a new life - Update 6

September

For our first game of September we had Bordeaux who are an exceptionally good side when at their best, so a draw was expected.

SLfaE0T.jpg

Despite my thoughts of the game ending in a draw we dominated the game and won. Although, we had many chances out of the two goals we scored so it was rather disappointing; however a win is a win and you can't really complain.

After beating Panathinaikos in the Champions League play-off game we had to play our first game in the group stages. Our group was incredibly hard as it included two fantastic teams. Real Madrid and Arsenal. There was also a small team named Ludogorets. I expected to come 3rd in the group.

My first game was against Real Madrid. I put out the best team I could and hoped that we could at-least get a draw.

c7LXT53.png

Real Madrid were dominating the game; however Lopes our keeper kept us in the match and out of nothing we created a chance in the 89th minute and Roux finished it to grab us the win. 

After the glorious win against Real we had OGC Nice in the league. I expected a simple win.

0dqNVNg.png

A simple win came to us as we grabbed 3 goals from a good performance. Two of them came had came from Roux who had been impressing me. I didn't know which striker I should chose from. Tulio De Melo or Roux. I managed to find a coin and flicked it. Heads De Melo, Tails Roux. The coin landed on Tails, so Roux it was.

The next game was the 3rd round of the Coupe de la Ligue. I put out a decent team against Paris FC as I knew we were going to win unless Paris FC put in a surprise performance.

ai9GKM6.png

Despite Paris FC getting two goals we controlled the game from the start to the end. Roux put in an astounding performance scoring four goals. I was really pleased with the whole team, but the defence needed some tightening up.

When I saw PSG in our fixture list I knew we needed to put in a great performance to get a win. I didn't know what to expect as we are both similar teams, so I put out a strong team and hoped for a win.

jH4q5N6.png

The game was going well in the first 30 mins. We were winning 2-0, but then PSG got back and scored two goals. Kalou also got a goal, but the referee lined it as offside. 

We were going back into the Champions League group stage and we faced Ludogorets. I put out a fairly good side and expected an easy win.

sBFQHxk.png

An easy win was the inevitable as we scored four goals. I was pleased with our performance and I hoped that we could carry it on in the next Champions League match against Arsenal.

Being away to Evian TG FC was quite scary as they had pulled off some great wins in the past few games. I just hoped we didn't slip up.

ybYAM0p.png

Two goals looked like a certain win to us; however Evian got close with a few chances and scored one, but keeper Lopes saved us at a few points in the game.

@MM96 - He's a good striker, but not the best in the team as I replaced him.

@Tom - I've put in a bid for him and he's coming to the club next season.

@theunitedguy - Thanks!

@camiloeb - I'm planning to get him next season.

You couldn't have had a worse UCL group IMO :(

I had Real Madrid and Manchester United in my Shamrock rovers career, but I still ploughed through and won the cup n my first season! Nothing is impossible... KIU :)