Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe New members for major downloads

Lee-Roy

I've noticed a trend since I've been closely following this site. Whenever a major download comes out, such as logos or the transfer update, we get an influx of new members who join up and all the post on the thread for the download asking for help. A lot of them are either really rude, or don't speak English very well. Clearly the come for the download and most of them don't stick around. I knows one of you guys came for downloads and stayed for the community but I think the ones who don't are rude.

Of course it will happen, some people only care about themselves and cannot be bothered to read it is a fact of life. It is flattering that they sign up and download our work as it shows it is good. While in an ideal world I would like everyone to read the instructions some won't as they are too lazy and just scroll down to ask a question and we have to deal with this. If we didn't have these members we wouldn't be as active and without "leechers" being active with their hits we wouldn't be as high up on Google meaning less future members.

There was no point to it. Just an observation I'd made. I was wondering if its happened throughought the series or if it was just a coincidence that I was noticing it all year.

Of course it will happen, some people only care about themselves and cannot be bothered to read it is a fact of life. It is flattering that they sign up and download our work as it shows it is good. While in an ideal world I would like everyone to read the instructions some won't as they are too lazy and just scroll down to ask a question and we have to deal with this. If we didn't have these members we wouldn't be as active and without "leechers" being active with their hits we wouldn't be as high up on Google meaning less future members.

Yeh that's a good point, if it helps the sites reputation I suppose it does good in its own way.

I, for one, came here looking for a tactic and players to buy.

I honestly don't mind if my content I release brings in a new member or two. Or if a member comes to me for help and seems rude about it. Because it is hard to perceive a persons' feelings through text. So what might we see as rude, they might not have intended it that way.

Half the members here probably found the site because they were looking for extra content to enhance their experience. I don't see a problem with it.

You are both making good points, and you're both pretty much right over me. I guess my opinion is just because I think differently. With things like this I would feel a put if I created something and someone just came, took and wasn't heard from again. I have joined sites for downloads and even just looking for tips and advice before and always had a look around the forum and chat a bit. As it happens there's plenty of communities out there that aren't as welcoming as this one, and will pretty much ignore newcomers. But that's just me probably being overconscientious. There's probably also a lot of things that I'm ignorant about that make me as bad as what I see as rude.

I'm not attacking you. Or arguing or anything.

But you're telling me that throughout your time on the Internet, EVERYTHING you've EVER downloaded, you've commented on the site you downloaded it from?

Every little thing you've ever downloaded. No matter how small it may be.

The best thing about Vibe is it's a family and not a community, all the leeches and people who think about them selves can go do one imo. The community just take while the family gives back, we have a nice blend and even recently Vibe has proved new members can become important members if they're willing to invest in the site like MM and AK.

I'll admit i came here from Neoseekers and FMHFanboys (?) looking for a transfer update and i did just take from the site but in the end i found the bottle to give something back. Sure at first i failed and my content bombed but look at where i am now just because i wanted to give something back! Imo the Vibe family is more important than FMH itself! I stopped playing FMH completely for fun months/years ago, now i play to entertain you guys! In Vibe we love!

I joined because I didn't know how to create a tactic, and there were loads of great tactics on here so I decided that if I joined, people could help me and then in turn I will be able to help others. I have been on a few other sites based around on e subject like FMH, and they haven't been as welcoming as here. When I left then I looked for a similar site for a bit but couldn't find one.

I'm still in the "being helped" phase though. :P

I'm not attacking you. Or arguing or anything.

But you're telling me that throughout your time on the Internet, EVERYTHING you've EVER downloaded, you've commented on the site you downloaded it from?

Every little thing you've ever downloaded. No matter how small it may be.

I know you wasn't arguing, neither was I, I was just giving my opinion on the matter. And honestly, I would like to really think that I have never just downloaded and turned my back on a site. That's probably because i dont do a lot of downloading as I'm not really tech savvy lol. I've never even downloaded music I've always bought cd's and cassettes and more recently ITunes. As I said that's just me probably being overly polite. I'm sure I'm quite ignorant in things that others take seriously.