• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMH Vibe Newsletter - August '13

Archie Graveluth

vibe_logo.png

newsletter

august2013

And now, for something completely different, a monthly newsletter! That's right! Not two months combined or even three in a mega pack! This time is just one month. So show your appreciation to Lewiitom, Ashez, Jens, anfieldsquirrel and the united guy (yes, even Jens) for their hard work doing this for you. I just did the formatting and that's peanuts. So...

...lets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Challenge Review, by the united guy

The impossible challenge has one objective, win everything, yes it is as simple as that win everything from the leagues you have loaded and you have completed the challenge. You start the challenge of by selecting your leagues; first of all you have to select England so that you have all the English leagues and trophies. Next you have to select the Spanish leagues, Italian leagues and one nation of your choice. The rules are simple, start from the bottom of England in the Blue Square north/south and chose the team you are going to start the challenge with, then win everything and go to the top of the world. You also have to use your own tactic and no cheats are aloud e.g. sugar daddy.

I really enjoyed playing this challenge; I found it a journey going from a small town in England to big reputation clubs in Europe. The challenge test your tactic you have created because, you will have to use it in many different countries against many different teams. Signings are also a crucial part to this challenge as bringing in the wrong player could cost you a trophy or even a league title. The best thing to do with signings is to by players who are already good and not ones who are going to get good as you may not have the time to see the player develop at the club and it is basically money down the drain. One thing I like about this challenge is that it forces you to move round to different clubs in different countries. I have never really down a save like this before, where you have to move round, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. An interesting part of this moving around is that you get to see how your clubs get on without your services, some flop while others go on to achieve greatness. There are a few down sides to this challenge though, firstly it takes a long time to complete and sometimes it seems as though you will never get it done. Secondly if you don’t win one trophy let’s say the John stone’s paint trophy, you have to go back and win it, this is very frustrating but it adds to the challenge.

I really enjoyed my play through of the impossible challenge, I recommend it to everyone because, if you want an unforgettable journey of FMH then this is your challenge. It really isn’t very “impossible” so don’t be put off by the name; it just takes a long time to complete. I really loved this challenge and I hope so many more people will try it out you will have fun with it.        

Thanks for reading.

Career Section, by Lewiitom

AS Monaco FC - Contender or Pretender, by aykyle [LINK]

Read through Aykyle career where he attempts to take a new-look, cash-strapped Monaco to the heights of European football; while trying to replicate the type of football they play in real life. Can he turn them into title contenders, or are they just pretenders?

When The Squirrel Challenges The Master, by Ashez and Anfieldsquirrel [LINK]
The showdown everyone has been waiting for, Anfieldsquirrel versus Ashez, the master. Who will reign victorious in ultimate showdown on Vibe? Follow the career to find out!

Pride Of The South American Continent - The Legend Returns to The Lane, by wallywonka [LINK]
In a shock turn of events, Tottenham Hotspur legend Ossie Ardiles returns to White Hart Land, and he vows to conquer world football with Spurs, but only using South American players! A pride of South America challenge, read as wallywonka manages to take world football by storm with his South American Tottenham side.

Turning CR7 Into CR1K - The Ultimate 1KC, by Ashez [LINK]
Ashez Sale, the master of the 1000 goal challenge, attempting to complete one of the most difficult challenges on vibe, with Cristiano Ronaldo. No one has ever managed to complete the 1000 goal challenge with a 27 year old before, but if anyone can, it’s Ashez! But it will definitely be a close call, so make sure you follow this to find out if he can complete it!

The Little Pea Conquers Italy: A 1K Challenge, by MerlionMaple96 [LINK]
The 1000 goal challenge has been completed many times, in almost all the major leagues, except for Italy; a league known for its solid defences and difficulty to score goals. Read MM96’s journey as he attempts to be the first person to complete the challenge in Italy. But, to add to the difficulty, he is using Javier Hernandez, ‘The Little Pea’, and if he succeeds, will also break the record for the oldest player to complete the challenge! A difficult challenge, but can he do it?

Truro, by AlexP [LINK]
AlexP’s amazing career where he takes lowly Truro, a club in administration and finished bottom of the Blue Square Bet South, to English champions. Read through his career to find out how achieved such success with such a small team!

Content Section

Super leagues - iOS - Aykyle (Ashez's idea) [LINK]
All you lucky android users got to use the wonderful invention of the Super League by Aykyle and Ashez, but the iOS users didn't! But with the Save Editor, mr txt.changes managed to get a working version for iOS! So will you choose to manage one of the elite European teams in the Aykyle sponsored league? Or perhaps you'd like to manage an unplayable team in the Ashez sponsored league? The choice is upto you, download it now for endless fun!

iOS transfer update - Aykyle [LINK]
Again with the use of the Save Editor Aykyle brings us iOS users an added excitement to the game. Usually transfer updates only come out on PSP or android, but our very own Aykyle has put much of his time, and alot of effort into making it possible to get transfers on iOS. Unfortunately due to SE restrictions, you can only load one league for changes to become effective, but don't let this put you off.. Download it now!!

Goal-line technology in FMH2014 - Ashez [LINK]
You may well know that Goal-Line technology has been implemented into football starting from this season, but will it be in FMH2014? Ashez discusses the advantages and disadvantages of adding this into the FMH series, get his views by checking out the article!

10 most exciting clubs to manage in FMH2014 - Dec [LINK]
FMH2014 is almost upon us, but you may be struggling to think who you will manage first in the game. But with the help of Dec, you can pick one of the top 10 'exciting' clubs to play as in FMH2014. You can choose all different clubs, in all different situations, so who will you choose? Check out this guide by Dec, and enjoy FMH2014 as much as possible.

FMH2014 Scottish Premiership preview - Anfieldsquirrel [LINK]
I decided to make a guide and help all of you choose a save to enjoy in FMH2014. I also made the guide to help expand the knowledge of fellow Viber's of Scottish Football. Not many people play in Scotland, but hopefully after this guide it'll inspire you to play a save In FMH2014 in Scotland, check out the guide now.

Cut out faces pack (iOS/android) - Dec [LINK]
Want more faces for FMH? Use this download made available from Dec! After using base packs from CMRev, Dec uses his skills and modifies these packs making them able to use in FMH for iOS or android. These are easy to install, and majorly enhance your FMH experience.

iScout Section, by Ashez

As you may have been aware I have stopped pushing so hard for Iscouts in the last month or so, the reason for this is i've decided to end the competition until the release of FMH14. The amount of guides had started to dwindle in recent months with only a certain number of members keeping the tournament going so i decided it was time to call it a day, however please feel free to continue to share your finds as we all still love to see them. I am extremely proud of the community though as this year the iscout forum has received a massive 774 topics!Taking away the three information threads for the forum and you'll see that means we've had around 771 players posted and shared, a massive achievement in my humble opinion and i hope we continue to grow next year, hitting 1000 maybe   :D.

The Final Standings

Players In The Team Of The Month Leader Board

Lukaya - 3
Magpiemadman - 2
Jplummz - 3

SamHardy - 2
Akupaein - 4
Ashez - 16
Kezlehan - 2
Dec - 5
Zelatansyedmovic - 2
Sparkey - 2
DCFCMorris
Tobinho - 2

AnfieldSquirrel - 3
Afahrezaaa - 2
MerlionMaple96 - 6
Graveluth - 9 
Kilsor - 2
RyanJeTop - 2
Aykyle - 11
Scott - 1
Jens - 1
LordShadow - 1

Keraviln - 1

Dan_Vibe - 1

ManUnitedguy - 1

rKayL - 1

Goonie - 1

Peely - 1

Iscouter Of The Month Leader Board

Lukaya
Jplummz
Ashez - 3
AnfieldSquirrel
Graveluth - 2
AyKyle - 3

MerlionMaple96

An Announcement

Due to aykyle and myself being tied for the iscouter of the year award we have both agreed to go into a head to head iscout style! There will be a total of three rounds all with various restrictions and we must find a full starting eleven of non posted players and you as the public will vote on the best team. We're still sorting out the kinks of the challenge but stay tuned as the thread will be posted soon, make sure you get involved. 

The Save Editor - A Quick Notice, by Ashez

The save editor is a great tool which Marvels has put out to boost the enjoyment of 2013 and what Aykyle has achieved with this tool is a testament to what can be done, without the save editor we'd have no transfer update or super leagues to enjoy and we can all agree they are some fantastic bits of content. However there is a down side to the save editor which is starting to become a massive problem, for fun saves the save editor is great but when it comes to doing challenges from FMHVibe it is breaking the rules and insulting us all. A number of people have been caught out recently using the SE to boost their challenges and to make things easier for themselves, if it wasn't for some great detective work by the members of Vibe these cheaters would have got away with it! To be honest i'm ashamed and embarrassed to even have to say this stuff but due to the recent rise in SE abuse i have taken it upon myself to catch anyone out who tries to pull the wool over Vibes eyes, anyone who is found cheating will have the challenge disqualified and depending on the severity of the cheating face a ban from the site. If this obvious disrespect isn't stamped out soon it will become a requirement that all saves have to be uploaded and checked which is a waste of time for us all, thankfully we have a few ways to identify edited saves. Anyway let this be a warning to you all, Vibe is onto you!

Interview Corner

This month Jens, your favourite Belgian interviews Ashez, your favourite Viber. A conversation between these two will eventually end up talking about sex...  :P

In the world of sports, icons rise and fall, sometimes within days of the other. Getting to the top is easy while staying there is the real business, is what is often heard. Many of the Vibers consider you, Ashley, to be one of the most prominent icons ('legend') ever seen on this relatively young scene. How do you see yourself in this role? 
The response I have on Vibe means the world to me, if I deserve such high praise is hard for me to answer tbh. I put my heart and soul into entertaining the community and the following I've built up over the last year or so obviously shows I'm doing something right. In my opinion, I am where I am due to a simple rule I've set myself; that rule is to continue to challenge myself and to improve. I'd also like to thank Rafa as when I joined the site he was the main man and he really inspired me to give this site my all and I'd recommend everyone taking a look at his work, he is partly the reason I am where I am.

Do you agree with your fans or are there others whom, according to you, deserve more time the spotlight?
Obviously I think other people should be in the spotlight, I can't follow my own work after all   :P. Nah, all joking aside I follow a host of members and their are a few whose work also inspires me (like Jens), I'm not going to name drop (Jens!) as that's harsh on anyone I don't mention but I do follow almost everything posted on Vibe, I may post a lot but the content you lads provide is the reason I'm here.

If Rafa is you main example, it must have been tough to see him go (but don't worry, because he is back!). While he probably had his reasons, he is not the only one to leave us after a while. How do you feel about seeing promising members come, do their thang, and disappear again, often without a trace. 
Yeah I was gutted when Rafa left but i understood and gave him my best wishes, I think he's really been missed this year. Every time I see he's posted something I get excited so I hope he's able to stay around and get involved again one day in the future.

Are there any members you'd like to welcome back?

That's a hard question tbh, when I joined many of the greats or people I've heard are held in high regard like Ollie, Patrick and William were on their way out or not as active as they were, I'd have to say them guys purely out of reputation. From my own experiences I'm not to sure off the top of my head, I've seen many things on this site and I enjoy them regardless of the member attached to them.

This raises the following question: do you believe that people can be friends, even if it's just online, because of a mutual attraction towards FMH? We've seen many partnerships around here over the years; Ollie & Franco, Ash & AS, Jens & William,... Does it suffice to have an interest in the game or do you think there are other (perhaps homosexual) motives involved? 
Obviously we can be friends in a straight way, then again Internet dating has really taken off in the last few years   :P. Anyway, Vibe is based on relationships and that's why we have such a friendly and family like feeling on the site, I speak to a number of members on a daily basis and likely more than I do my real life friends, lol. FMH is the reason we are here yet that isn't the be all and end all of conversations, in the PMs I have we discuss various topics, some personal and some purely FMH based, but I'd class everyone here as my friend and anyone who has a problem in game or in real life can feel free to reach out to me.

Who would you like to partner up with if you had a free pick?
I'm not sure who I'd team up with tbh, I've had the opportunity to work with AS, MM, AK, yourself, Grave and Sunny and I've enjoyed every experience. I'd be more interested in seeing who Vibe would like me to work with.

Maybe it would be a good idea to lure Rafa into something?   ;) Are there any other games/platforms where you are involved in a Vibe-like manner? And maybe you wouldn't mind sharing your CR1K tactic with me?
No, i'm not involved in anyother sites to be honest. I used to browse on a few but Vibe has my time now. Haha the CR7 formation is to remain secret, hmmm maybe i'll try a new tactic (see what i did there?) for releasing formations and release it in a future Newsletter.

Your commitment in terms of careers posted, is one of peaks and, well, lesser peaks. Not everyone may know it, but your love for the game is like a rollercoaster ride. So what do you occupy yourself with when you're not into FHM (see what I did there?)? And while your commitment to Vibe is inspiring, I wonder how commited you currently are towards Song of Ice and Fire. (The 'Game of Thrones' books, red.) 

Well my life involves the usual crap like working etc, but i do think about FMH rather alot lol. I have a note pad by my bed where i jot down random things like career/challenge ideas, workings out and stuff like that. When i'm not spending my free time with FMH/Vibe i'm spending time with my missus, Alfie, mates and family or on my 3ds   :D, FMH needs to come to the 3ds!! I knew a GoT question would come.

Have you fallen in love with the books I, your amazing host, suggested?
I'm going to have to disappoint you though as i haven't read them yet, in truth that's FMH's fault! Whenever i say i'm going to read i end up on FMH haha, i have looked into the audiobooks though as i can listen to them at work.

And again, you raise an interdasting issue. FMH seems to be the 'dirty little secret' of many members. We know of course that you have brought your little bro in, with some positive results as well, but we can't help but imagine the iritation on your girlfriend's face when you start bashing your psp/ipod once again. How does your environment react to your addiction?
Alfie will try most games he sees me playing tbh and the amount he's seen me play FMH it's understandable his interest was caught. He's funny with FMH, he goes through stages with most games though tbh, atm it's Mario and Luigi's dream team as i recently got it for him. In away FMH hinders my gaming as i feel guilty playing other things lol. FMH and my missus get along okay unless i'm totally addicted to it like recently i played 8 seasons in about four days haha. Then again it works okay at the moment, as she loves the soaps like Eastenders and also watches alot of CSI so i get a few hours each day i can spend on FMH/3ds, then we also have different work patterns as she does days and i do nights so i do get alot of free time.

Do your mates know about your special position on Vibe? Or do you share anything with your parents? In my experience, FMH has helped me build up a gigantic knowledge of football, even in a way that I can even surpass my own father. It has given me enormous insight in tactics and everything, how do you use these superpowers? For good or bad?

My best mate knows as he is a massive FM fan so we compare stories all the time, he hated FMH though which is a shame as I tried to get him on here lol. My superpowers are limited to just my mates and brother tbh as my dad hates football with a passion lol, I do agree I've learnt alot though and my interest in other RL leagues and players has grown.

I'm going to end this interview (yes, we could go on for centuries, but I feel we need to give the readers something interesting as well) with some simple yes/no/one word answer-questions.

C. Ronaldo or Ronaldo?
A tough one, CR7 IMO is the best player in the world ATM but I grew up with fat Ronaldo ruling the roost. I want to say the original Ronaldo but he screwed me on LMA manager years ago when I signed him for a massive sum and he broke his leg in the first match :@. Football now is different and everything CR7 has achieved from midfield is breath taking.

C. Ronaldo or Bale?
CR7, Bale is so overrated IMO.

FMH or FHM?
FHM

FMH or a social life?

Vibe, the perfect mix   ;)

Dec for admin or Jens for president?
Jens

ManU or ManC?
City

Liverpool or 50 pounds cash money and never getting to talk about LFC again?
LFC

Missus or misses?
I still think it should be misses! Sounds better but we'll agree with missus lol, even though my iPods auto correct disagrees :@

FMH or sex?
Sex every time one of the dots scores   :D, we may aswell score at the same time hey   ;)

AS or Lazio Roma? (you thought about a squirrell, didnt you?   ;) )

I always think about AS but it would be Roma due to the Totti   ;)

Who will win:
-EPL: City
-Champions league: Napoli
-Euro league: Arsenal
-Belgian title: KV Mechelen
-Champions League wanking: Myself

Thanks for your time and I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Glad to see everyone is joining in on the comments!...  :mad:

lol. Honestly I thought Jens and Ash would have been funnier :P

JK. You guys made me laugh too much. Too much

:(

Terrific newsletter this month I must say though. :D KIU up lads, I will (hopefully) be joining in next month :lol:

Cheers guys :).

@Leroy: If it gets the comments etc to deserve the work.

@Rafa: Well deserved imo :D

@Everyone: Views on the challenge review section? Should it continue?

Still not found it. :@

Just realised why I didn't have any players in the IScout team of the month, it's under ManUnitedguy. :@ (Not asking you to change it or anything).