Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Football Manager Handheld - Female Addition:

Ashez

Football Manager Handheld - Female Addition:

Football is mainly seen as a mans game but the footballing world for women is growing fast and they've come along way from only being able to play charity matches, for example the womens association now has an impressive 176 international teams, only 33 less than the mans version! Women's football has always been more popular in the states but it's starting to get some serious attention within the United Kingdom with the female England matches and tournaments being shown on terrestrial television which has made the sport just as approachable as the males national team while the ladies also have their own version of Match Of The Day called The Women's Football Show.

england-womens-footballteam.jpg

However i'm not here to talk about how the women's game has improved in real life, i'm here to discuss the possibility of a womens FMH being released. Vibe hasn't seen many female members around the site and i'm not foolish enough to believe that female players aren't interested in FMH because it's based on the males game but is their interest in a female version? Obviously that is a hard question and one that i'll never be able to answer but as the sport grows will the need for a FMH womens addition?

My personal opinion is i think it would be a great extra to the game and it would add something complete new and refreshing to the series, i know i've wanted to create a text change to try and recreate the womens league but the name cap obviously prevents this. If a womens game was ever to come to light i think the best way SI could handle it would be to make it a DLC, so far we've had some challenges which to be honest most members have little interest in but imagine a DLC which recreated your game and gave you a completely new experience, many members on Vibe already love this type of thing as Aykyle has been producing amazing changes for months which you guys have been all over so maybe it's time for SI to jump on the bandwagon and create this?

realistically though this will never happen as a DLC or a stand alone release due to man power problems, the standard football manager series creates a lot of work for a number of people and i doubt they'd have the resources to scout a whole new sport but it's food for thought.

So Vibe what are your views?

I actually thought about something similar to this. I believe the text and in game images shouldn't be gender based because a girl that plays FMH has to be a man in the game.

As for a female version of the game, even as a DLC, I don't think it would generate the needed revenue to justify creating it.

That's a decent point tbh, doubt it's worth looking into though.

I do also agree but tbh i dont have a clue what the market is like, i was just wondering what Vibes views are.

To be honest while I would love it in FM PC I feel FMH doesn't need it due to the money spent on license, current men's leagues missing that will provide something new such as Ukraine or Argentina with their league structures, development time on it (it will be at least a year with just a few coders) meaning nothing else will be completed or very few and popularity. I think until the game is more developed with newgens, a better transfer system and more interactivity in the game then it shouldn't be added in as I don't believe the majority of people will benefit or it will drive enough additional sales to be worth considering as something to ensure the future of FMH.

Nice article and thought :).

Great article Ash. I would love to play as the Canadian Women's National team as they are 10000x better than the men :lol: This will probably never happen though :(

@Rafa - That was hilarious!

Cheers, i agree it's an unlikely addition and FMH needs important things to add, i personally have no interest in womens football but i think alot of that is i don't know who they are lol but we all know FMH is a great learning tool.

@Rafa: Well played ;)

I agree with Dec. It would be nice for the PC version, but not the handheld one. It's just not viable. Even if they were to get the money, it'd have to be a separate game entirely. It would just make the game too large(and it's pretty large as it is). And I don't think they will consider it unless there's a lot of people requesting it.

Plus... USA's Women's National team would just dominate everyone... :D

See the in game rivalries are starting already ;)

lol "rivalry" is the wrong word.

USA(Womens) has no rivals.. we just dominate :P

Kyle - Japan won the last world cup :P

You also cheated to beat us in the olympics with a penalty in Injury time which was not a penalty :@

Well. We should get back on topic.

I also would like to ask, are there female leagues? Like the Barclays Premier League for Women? As I never see any female football here(unless it is international).

So I'm just wondering how exactly it'd even work if they were to implement it

Okay.. maybe lol.

You suggested this as a changes.txt project a while ago. But we agreed it just wasn't possible. As there'd be too many new names.

And I don't think SI will do DLC. Especially an international only one.

Who knows. Maybe if FMH14 doesn't have a name limit(doubt it), it could be worth doing :P