Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Poll - who will be the 'best' team in FMH 2014?

famheld

Poll - who will be the 'best' team in FMH 2014?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The best team on FMH 2014 will be...

• Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Tottenham
    • PSG
    • AS Monaco
    • Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Athletico Madrid
    • Porto
    • Benfica
    • Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund
    • Bayer Leverkusen
    • Schalke 04
    • Juventus
    • Napoli
    • AC Milan
    • Other - please specify in comments

This is a poll regarding who you think the 'best' team will be in Football Manager Handheld - as in the team with which you think it will be easiest to dominate the world!

Bayern are the sure-fire favourites following their incredible treble-winning season, but with Europe's major clubs all investing heavily over the summer it will be interesting to see who you guys think will start the game as the biggest powerhouse.

Comments and discussion will be much appreciated, so I'm going to start the running by saying Chelsea will be the best team at the start of FMH 2014. 

What do you think? Get the votes in!

EDIT: Slight change to the nature of the poll, at first I was keen to hear who thinks Man Utd over Man City, etc., and why (which is still am). But I also want to hear from the people who think they could have better long term success at, say, Schalke, for example. 

Who's excited for FMH 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From an FMH view, there's several teams there you can transform into the 'worlds best' within a season or two. And I'm looking forward to doing it with all of them.

I would say Real Madrid, I think they have the best structure and will have the largest budget out of the frontrunners.

Yes, I definitely had Real Madrid down as number two. I think it's very hard to pick between them, Chelsea and Bayern.

From an FMH view, there's several teams there you can transform into the 'worlds best' within a season or two. And I'm looking forward to doing it with all of them.

This is definitely true, you can dominate the globe with the likes of Ajax, Celtic, Lyon relatively quickly, I'm sure. But who would you say lines up best at the start of the game, considering their squad, budget, facilities and long-term structure (which is why I have included AS Monaco as an option in the poll)?

If you're talking about who is ahead from the start then I agree with Dec - Madrid. They'll probably have the biggest transfer budget, biggest wage budget, superb training with youth set-up, and the most expensive players at your disposal.

I would have to go with Real. Their Best XI is better than any other team on the planet. The only position they're somewhat suspect at is right back but by bringing in Carvajal they have addressed that issue somewhat.

Madrid are also young, the starting squad could dominate for the first 5 years of a save with ease, never mind the fact you'll have a massive budget.

Real Madrid are the hardest club to manage IRL due to the outside interference but when it comes down to just the football like on FMH it's a walk in the park.

I would have to go with Real. Their Best XI is better than any other team on the planet. The only position they're somewhat suspect at is right back but by bringing in Carvajal they have addressed that issue somewhat.

As far as the game goes, Ramos made the perfect right back. I've been playin as Real loads recently. But funnily enough I've been buying Carvajal for RB just as much as I've been using Ramos there. The the only position I always replace was the forward. Benzema had fitness problems and Higuain is great, but not the sort of olayer to be considered as Madrids number 1 forward.

Will be interesting to see if Benzema leaves in January. If you guys were to manage Real Madrid in FMH 2014 (first database), how would you line them up? 

Will be interesting to see if Benzema leaves in January. If you guys were to manage Real Madrid in FMH 2014 (first database), how would you line them up? 

Oh, that is a good question :O

Casillas

Carvajal---Ramos---Varane---Marcelo

Alonso

Khedira

Bale---------------------Isco------------------Ronaldo

Benzema 

Essentially:

WBK---CTR---CTR---WBK

DLM

BWM

INF-----APM-----INF

PCR

Oh, that is a good question :O

Casillas

Carvajal---Ramos---Varane---Marcelo

Alonso

Khedira

Bale---------------------Isco------------------Ronaldo

Benzema 

Essentially:

WBK---CTR---CTR---WBK

DLM

BWM

INF-----APM-----INF

PCR

Yeah, that's what I would go for, though with Khedira playing on the same line as Alonso purely becuase it looks neater  :D Casemiro and Illarramendi should make pretty ideal backups, also!

Just realised I forgot to put Liverpool in the poll! I know they didn't even finish top 6 last year but I think they will be very strong on FMH14. I imagine I will do my first career with them.

Yes they are already so strong on 2013, in most of my saves they have been by far the most successful English club. They have added incredible depth this year, with 5 or 6 world class player for the three AM positions alone. I will also be interested to see how youth is implemented in FM 2014, as I would like to see more youth players included from the start in the teams' Reserves squad. Chelsea have some very strong youngsters that didn't make it into FM 2013 and if they appear on 14 then this will add to the long term stability of the club (not that money is an issue, or anything!). 

You would have been better saying this Devil:

Man United as I am a bias Man Utd fan.

Yeah I know but...that's not the point. :P

Kind of is. You aren't answering what you truly think just what you want to be reality.

Kind of is. You aren't answering what you truly think just what you want to be reality.

Am I allowed to post something without giving an explanation or is that too little detail?

Am I allowed to post something without giving an explanation or is that too little detail?

Nothing to do with that. The fact is the question is "Who'll be the best team in FMH2014?" You cannot say you answered it truthfully as you admitted that you only said it due to bias so really your post is spam as you cannot justify it and you know that there will be better teams meaning you didn't answer the question at all.

Devil, what Dec means is that the poll is "Who do you think will be the best team in FMH14" and not "Who do you want to be the best team in FMH14". Two different things, unless you actually think United will be the best team.

Yes I do think they will be the best team. I admit that Real Madrid will be strong but I think in an AI game in 14 Man United will win.

It was a tough choice between Munich, Real and Chelsea. But ultimately I went with Munich.

I feel that they would be the 'best' as they invested wisely for future players (Gotze, Thiago) they have great young players with experience already there (Boateng, Alaba, Muller) And they have the experienced experts to just control the game with ease that nothing can really go wrong (Lahm, Schwien, Ribery).

Plus as an AI team with Pep in control he usually dominates so he should be incredibly difficult to beat.

Going by the 'current squad' on Wikipedia they have 5 players who are 30 or older and two are 35 mainly used as backup now (Pizarro and Van Buyten) then the rest are experienced squad members for nation and club football, with an average age of 25.

So an experienced team with youth mixed in are going to be a force to be reckoned with and are probably the best team in FMH if not the world right now.

Am I the only one who thinks Real Madrid are overrated? Finally Athletico have proved their superiority over Madrid and everyone know Barca are way better than them and this leads onto a point which shouldent really be talked about in the topic as it has nothing to do with it, but should the BBVA only have 2 Champions League spots? I say this because this because the majority of the teams in the league are no where near as good as the likes of Barca. And what this will do is show Madrid that they really are not that great a team as they will really struggle to get a spot in the top 2. They have a whole bunch of world class CM's and the rest of their team cannot be compared with the likes of Barcelona and Athletico.

Am I the only one who thinks Real Madrid are overrated? Finally Athletico have proved their superiority over Madrid and everyone know Barca are way better than them and this leads onto a point which shouldent really be talked about in the topic as it has nothing to do with it, but should the BBVA only have 2 Champions League spots? I say this because this because the majority of the teams in the league are no where near as good as the likes of Barca. And what this will do is show Madrid that they really are not that great a team as they will really struggle to get a spot in the top 2. They have a whole bunch of world class CM's and the rest of their team cannot be compared with the likes of Barcelona and Athletico.

They consistently make Champions League semis, and are destroying their group. Also, the amount of spots is decided by UEFA coefficients, and Spain are in the top 3. For example, I think Ukraine has two spots, all because of Shaktar