Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 The Unlockables

Dec

Ah right...I only have 5 league titles and 2 cups, 1 play off victory and one automatic(2nd place) promotion, guess I have a canny way to go yet :-D

It depends on the reputation of your club, though - if you were, say, Portsmouth, just winning a cup may unlock it.
As it says in the OP, you'll also have to spend a min of ten years at the club.
Yeah, but the amount of success you need to achieve varies from club-to-club.

How do you unlock the Son into the Youth Team unlockable?

Your son:

What is it?

This is another "in game unlockable" which is just a little feature as such.

This can only be done with a club team.

To unlock:

Buy a player and have him retire while having a testamonial (10 years at the club). He must play at least one game a season.

What it does:

Adds your son into your team as a youngster in the ranks, there is only one per career.

My ever present keeper is about 18 months away from the start of his testimonial season, now when I first bought him, he did not play in his first season, but has been ever present since his 2nd season, will he get his testimonial on the 10th year of him signing or will he get it once he played at least one match a season for 10 seasons in a row...

Hope that makes sense

When I got mine I got a message about how the player was signed in the same year I came to the club. I'm not sure wether or not that means you must sign and use the player from your first season or not, but it looks that way

When I got mine I got a message about how the player was signed in the same year I came to the club. I'm not sure wether or not that means you must sign and use the player from your first season it not, but it looks that way

So it may just be that I will have to start over, and bring a player with me at the very beginning, oh well, I will get round to it eventually :-D

When I got mine I got a message about how the player was signed in the same year I came to the club. I'm not sure wether or not that means you must sign and use the player from your first season it not, but it looks that way

So it may just be that I will have to start over, and bring a player with me at the very beginning, oh well, I will get round to it eventually :-D

It might not be but I think so. The other option is to move clubs in the same save

It might not be but I think so. The other option is to move clubs in the same save

Never thought of that lol...will just wait and see how this pans out, I am trying to go for a full 30 year career with the same club, so if it does only work the way you think it does, I will have to try it when I get into another save :-)

Where does the son come from? Is it just a randomly generated player (ie could be utter rubbish - which would make for interesting conversations around the diner table when you cut him) or can you choose who it will be?

Where does the son come from? Is it just a randomly generated player (ie could be utter rubbish - which would make for interesting conversations around the diner table when you cut him) or can you choose who it will be?

Trying to think of the best way to word this:

Your son is "player A". Player A is a regen of your nationality. He was going to regen anyway but as his 'regeneration' is due at the same time as you unlocking your son, he regens at your club with your name at the time of the tesimonial. Does that make sense?

My son will probably turn out to be the next Ali Dia(remember him)...a complete waste of space and a bag of utter shite :-)

Are you guys sure that the player who retires must play one game every season before retiring? 100% sure? If it is...there goes a 10 season career down the drain :

Yes :(

Are you guys sure that the player who retires must play one game every season before retiring? 100% sure? If it is...there goes a 10 season career down the drain :
Same with me, I bought my then 19 year old keeper(he didnt play that first season) he is in his 10th season now, I can probably count on one hand the number of games he has missed(internationals and 10 days to injury) won many awards along the way... So I am hoping he gets his testimonial at the end of my current season

Yes :(

:

Oh well, perhaps I can still do something with that career...

This year, yes. In previous years it didn't matter if he played or not, but this year it does :(.

This is first hand experience by the way.

This year, yes. In previous years it didn't matter if he played or not, but this year it does :(. This is first hand experience by the way.
So does it only work from the start of the game, or can it be done in a 10 year timescale if you decide to take another job part way through your save... I can feel a new save coming on here... Whitehawk or Concord in Skrill South or North Ferriby or Vauxhall in Skrill North :-D

10 year timescale.

So I could still be on to get my boy if I manage to keep hold of a player for the 10 year required period...heres hoping then, tholis could be by far the longest career I have ever done on any version of the game

What I done once, was release him re signed him and I think there were a season where I was just too good and he didnt fit in and didn't play once :(

Just got the message

"Real Madrid are in the money, and the chairman has decided to splash the cash"

But yet there is no unlockable?.. hmm.

I have unlocked the loan transfer one but have no idea how. I have only loaned 2 players in and that was because I already had them (cissokho and Moses for the first season). I have loaned out plenty since then. In 3rd season during the Jan transfer period i purchased a regen and tried to loan him out but too late for anyone to get him. So I turned off the loan request on him but 6 clubs stayed interested in him for rest of season. Nearing end of season I suddenly got informed that i had achieved the unlockable (didnt have to confirm anything) and then was bombarded with requests to sign the regen.

I don't think the unlockable has anything to do with the regen: it's unlocked when an on-loan player wins Player of the Year. 

Im not sure he has to win player of the year. Looking at the what is says in game about achievements, it only mentions winning an award which would make sense as i had  a couple of players I had loaned out who won player of the month but none loaded out who won player of the year.

Hmmm...has anyone having their unlockables disappear after 6 season?

i'm using Tottenham Hotspurs and i have unlock sugar daddy in my 3rd season but i notice that at the start of my 7 season, this unlockables is gone....has anyone got the same problem that i have?

When you unlock your son in game is there anything unique about them? Im guessing they would share your surname but other than that is their any way to tell? Do you get an inbox message? Also does he have high potential or is he just like any other youth player with randomised stats?

When you unlock your son in game is there anything unique about them? Im guessing they would share your surname but other than that is their any way to tell? Do you get an inbox message? Also does he have high potential or is he just like any other youth player with randomised stats?

He's a random regen of your nationality, generally one that was due to pop up anyway. And yeh, you'll get a message informing you.