Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Back to the Future - QPR

Obika

qpr%252Bbadge.jpg

So it begins

My less than illustrious return is heralded with a career! Just going to be playing through with QPR to get to grips with the game myself, find some decent players and hopefully provide you with some interesting events, upsets and details you can use yourself. :)

The Club

Out of the English teams it was going to be, QPR were most interesting (over Everton, Newcastle, Spurs). I decided to take them back up to the top flight and try and succeed - ought to be hard when just starting out.

Update 1

Having kicked out the crook Redknapp and his cronies, I recalled Loïc Rémy. theend

qpr%252Bbadge.jpg

Season 1

Q2lMMASl.jpg

Transfers

1oaAik1l.jpg
W4QAlall.jpg

Me

mOCvW3rl.jpg

Star Player

V7mB9zSl.jpg

Summary

All too easy. Rémy was amazing as expected, we dominated. Too many draws for my liking in league - knocked out of cups by big teams, can't remember who.

Bring on the Prem!

qpr%252Bbadge.jpg

Capital One Cup - Season 2

First real opportunity to get some silverware, as it seemed unlikely I would get the title first season or the FA Cup.

Match 1

7A4dXSDl.jpg

Easy enough, playing with some back ups/reserves.

Match 2

StGy597l.jpg

Marginally stronger team than round 1 overcame our Premier League opposition.

Match 3

jF96ssVl.jpg

Peterborough stretched us, surprisingly! Always seemed like winning, but never quite there until the end of the match.

Match 4

iLqYgYbl.jpg

Managed to get through with relative ease! Into the semi finals - against Charlton!

Match 5 + 6

e7LjZ8Wl.jpg

After a disappointing first leg, soundly thrashed Charlton to get into the final!

Match 7 - The Final

Against Manchester United. We had to beat them in the league, and they would almost certainly win as they had fine form behind them.

txdbGewl.jpg

However, at half time we were upsetting all the odds! We were cruising - easily could have scored more!

AXALJYel.jpg

Disaster struck at 3-0. Hernandez scored - I wasn't too worried. Then Stech clattered him alone in the area, which earned him a red card and gave away a penalty! With all of my subs used, I was forced to put Charlie Mulgrew in goal.

The penalty was taken, and then soon after they scored once more. On to extra time! I played five at the back, on defensive mode and cautious tackling. We were going for the penalties - and we got them. All we had to do was keep our nerve now!

5OLIrA2l.jpg

It pulled off! Mulgrew made a fine save to prevent Hulk from bagging another penalty, and from then on it was tense.

This was the tensest final I have been in - my job was on the line, as I promised the board cup success and continental qualification (not looking likely from the league front). 3-0 up, to 3-3 then penalties to finish. :D

Fantastic stuff! Will be seeing you in the Europa League next year!

C8C0Gsil.jpg

- I did play Obika. He actually got some goals! Zaha was decent, I'll find his results soon.

tb0sMmnl.jpg
VUYK4Jjl.jpg

Finished season two this morning - Obika got the goals, it seems, when it matters. :) A little decline.

qpr%252Bbadge.jpg

Season 2

waGrDOVl.jpg

Transfers

67QbcPDl.jpg
GYOoYxMl.jpg

Me

I8CBVsEl.jpg

FA Cup

bUZeqN6l.jpg

League Cup

5OLIrA2l.jpg

Star Signing

pu5uqpzl.jpg

Was expensive but definitely worth it!

Summary

Not disappointing - new game, takes some time to get used to. On 2013 if I had finished here I would have resigned with shame straight away! Loving the game so far, just hoping I don't get sacked as I'm really getting into it.

Looking forward to the Europa League and trying to finish higher next season!

qpr%252Bbadge.jpg

Season 3

pRe6dQil.jpg

Transfers

hpSuj4Cl.jpg
vBlklE6l.jpg

Me

ei5MckGl.jpg

FA Cup

OnOstc8l.jpg

League Cup

TsSSgkrl.jpg

Europa League

4TNLGopl.jpg

Summary

Very very disappointed about the league. So close! I drew 2-2 with Everton on the last day of the season, and had many other close matches or matches where I should have won and we threw it away. The FA Cup was a nice consolation, gaining revenge on Chelsea. Our first foray into Europe was also a grand success, and was remarkably easy too.

Esmael Gonçalves was a massive flop, so I'm glad I took a punt on Kane, who, with Obika and Rémy, had a great season. Obika scored 15 in 20 - not bad for a third choice striker!

Pleased but not quite there yet! A 'competent and workmanlike performance' as the game would put it. Champions League is going to be fun (hopefully will get some big cash to play with too)!