Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Who is your favourite rapper?

Fmaddict5

Im a massive rap fan and thought it would be good to have a thread to talk about it and stuff 

So whos your favourite rapper and why?

Mine is J.Cole, his ability to tell stories while he raps reminds me of the skills of tupac and B.I.G and i like his flow i reckon he is massively underrated but that just my opinion 

I'm haven't been a big fan of rap for years, but I'll have to say Eminem too. He's up there with Elvis and MJ as the king of rap. But IMO rap isn't as mainstream as it used to be, there's too much crossover with mostly R&B and hip hop. I used to love Snoop and Dre about 10-12 years ago. I had a Lil Wayne phase about 5 years ago but that soon died out Lmao

Moving this to the right section.

You know that section labeled "Films, Music, Games & Other Technology" :P

Oh sorry about that

I'm haven't been a big fan of rap for years, but I'll have to say Eminem too. He's up there with Elvis and MJ as the king of rap. But IMO rap isn't as mainstream as it used to be, there's too much crossover with mostly R&B and hip hop. I used to love Snoop and Dre about 10-12 years ago. I had a Lil Wayne phase about 5 years ago but that soon died out Lmao

Eminem is good but cmon tupac is the king of rap and if not Notorious B.I.G

Tupac is the Van Gough of rap. Yeah he was famous before he died but he was nothing compared to what he is now. Wait until MM dies, he'll pi** all over Tupac. And Biggie who? He as never a heavyweight. He just rode on the wave of being caught up in Tupacs death. On top of all that, MM has been relevant since he started going, there's always been a place for him and his work in the music industry, whereas if Tupac was still making music, I don't think it's have made it in 2013z

I personally like all kinds of music. I use to be a huge rap fan as a kid: 50 cent, eminem, etc. But grew out of it when it started to get more shitty. But I still listen to Eminem a bit. I liked his latest album and the album before that. Had good songs in it.

Fun fact about Eminem: He recorded his album "The Slim Shady LP" while on ecstasy.. and then the CIA would play the album to Afghan detainees. Using it as an interrogation tool lmao. I found that absolutely hilarious. Because they usually use heavy metal songs and blast it through like 10 speakers for about 10 seconds on to wake the person up. And every time the detainee shut his eyes, it'd be blasted again.

Vanilla Ice?

Oh man. I really hope you're joking. Considering he had 1 hit song. But man.. it is a catchy one lmao.
When I was a teenager.. Which was sometime ago... I used to own his album Vanilla Ice 'Extremely Live' on cassette...

And I had a video recording of the movie he made... LOL

Tupac is the Van Gough of rap. Yeah he was famous before he died but he was nothing compared to what he is now. Wait until MM dies, he'll pi** all over Tupac. And Biggie who? He as never a heavyweight. He just rode on the wave of being caught up in Tupacs death. On top of all that, MM has been relevant since he started going, there's always been a place for him and his work in the music industry, whereas if Tupac was still making music, I don't think it's have made it in 2013z

Spot on, this. ^

MM might be a 'rap god' but you lot are clearly forgetting the almighty saviour that is Kany Jay-Z

Nonetheless, I am a huge rap fan, and well everyone is good they all have different abilities of rapping styles so its just your style of rap that you like.

Ok.................................

Tupac is considered by many to be the greatest rapper alive, if you were to ask any rapper or rap analyst it would be either him or B.I.G, and i dont really want to start arguments but im forced to do this, If Tupac was still alive he would absoloutly destroy every rapper out there who else would be better than him? Lil Wayne? A$AP Rocky? Kanye? I think not. He is considered the best lycrist ever (better than eminem). You obviously dont know much about either rapper as well because B.I.G was VERY popular and everyone listened to his music at the time along with Tupac, B.I.G did not become famous because of Tupac's death and was already popular for his music and the East Coast VS West Coast Rivalry before that occurred, 

the thing about MM's music being always relevant to the music community baffles me that u even considered that. He has some of the most controversial music from any artist and has received a lot of criticism for his lyrics, i dont really think that is relevant,

and no if Eminem died he would not pi** over Tupac, haha that is one of the worst calls i have ever heard

I hope this doesnt create any bad feelings between us, but i just had to everything you said there is  wrong

anyway for anyone reading this im not a hater, i actually like Eminem but you cannot say he is better than Tupac or B.I.G ever were that's just ridiculous, 

None of what I said was wrong it was my opinion. Unless you have facts that prove somebody wrong them you can disagree with them but you can't tell that person they're wrong.

Brilliant Rafa. That was when the X factor was enjoyable.

I know.

I heard that they used to take the producers took the best and worst into the judges for the viewers' enjoyment. Stupid in my opinion though, to think that a genuinely talented rapper's chances of even seeing the judges was ended because he took the spot/place on the show.

Anyways, I'm not a massive fan of rap. But Eminem is quality. I can't compare him to others though because aI haven't heard much of Tupac or B.I.G, just little snippets.

I think you're right it wouldn't have made it. This is down to the music industry just wanting watered down rap. For me, Eminem is far from the king of rap and tbh neither Tupac or Biggie. I think you're equating commercial success to actual talent and IMO that's wrong. I'd not have Eminem top 5 let alone the best. Eminem isn't capable of producing an album as good as liquid Swords or illmatic for example.

Ok.................................

Tupac is considered by many to be the greatest rapper alive, if you were to ask any rapper or rap analyst it would be either him or B.I.G, and i dont really want to start arguments but im forced to do this, If Tupac was still alive he would absoloutly destroy every rapper out there who else would be better than him? Lil Wayne? A$AP Rocky? Kanye? I think not. He is considered the best lycrist ever (better than eminem). You obviously dont know much about either rapper as well because B.I.G was VERY popular and everyone listened to his music at the time along with Tupac, B.I.G did not become famous because of Tupac's death and was already popular for his music and the East Coast VS West Coast Rivalry before that occurred,

the thing about MM's music being always relevant to the music community baffles me that u even considered that. He has some of the most controversial music from any artist and has received a lot of criticism for his lyrics, i dont really think that is relevant,

and no if Eminem died he would not pi** over Tupac, haha that is one of the worst calls i have ever heard

I hope this doesnt create any bad feelings between us, but i just had to everything you said there is wrong

anyway for anyone reading this im not a hater, i actually like Eminem but you cannot say he is better than Tupac or B.I.G ever were that's just ridiculous,

Tupac and Biggie are massively overrated. You say Tupac is considered the best lyricist when infact that's Biggie. Tupac was considered the best storyteller. There are plenty of underground rappers today better than both in both regards though.

Not a rap/hip hop traditionalist, but i do have a few rap artists on vinyl/cd. Notably my favorite atm are

-Death Grips

-Danny Brown

-Earl SweatShirt

-Tyler The Creator(tends to get tedious quite quickly)

-Armand Hammer's album

And some other stuff.....