Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Albacete From Bottom Division To La Liga Legends

leecutler

0edZw74.png

The club was founded in 1940, under the name Albacete Fútbol Asociación, being later changed in an attempt to make it sound "more Spanish". After years playing in the lower leagues, Albacete first played in the second division in 1985–86, repeating the feat five seasons later.In 1989, Benito Floro consecutively promoted it from the third to La Liga, overachieving for a seventh place in the first season in the top level. Floro would later coach Real Madrid, returning to Alba two seasons later, as the club were relegated in 1995–96.After years in the second division facing serious economic and sporting difficulties, Albacete returned to the top flight in the 2002–03 campaign, led by César Ferrando (later of Atlético de Madrid). However, it dropped in 2004–05, after just six wins from 38 matches, going on to stabilize in the subsequent seasons in the second level.

The 2010–11 season brought two coaching changes, with both Antonio Calderón and David Vidal (who returned to the club only a few months after leaving) being fired, as Albacete returned to the third division after 21 years. On 6 December 2011, Andrés Iniesta – who played for the club in his youth before joining FC Barcelona – became the club's major shareholder, donating €420,000 into the cash-strapped club.The team managed to reach the last-16 in Copa del Reynonetheless, notably beating Atlético Madrid 3–1 on aggregate.In March 2013 Agustín Lázaro, CEO of Iniesta's winery enterprise, was appointed as Albacete's chairman. In June the player donated another €240,000 to help the club pay the overwhelming wage bill of its players, as well as preventing its relegation to the third level.

I decided not to buy anyone cause i felt the team and my tactics where good enough

And this is how i am doing at the minute

LVt0Wte.png

SEASON 1

So completed my first season wasnt as easy as i first thought i had some massive wins but also had some shocking results....

My biggest win was 7-3 away....

I achived promotion in my first season as the top 4 all play in a play off to get promoted...

Final league table

4rXLNDW.png

My beast of a top scorer and he is 31!!

z5sxll4.png

I need a decent defence and new goalkeeper as they are really bad...but roll on season 2

So my albacete career was over write by another file!!

Im back in season 1 after 11 games played and have tweaked my formation instead of 4-3-2-1 ive gone for 4-1-2-2-1.... and have had a good start..