Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Rossma's Unemployed Challenge

Rossma

Season 1

My Unemployed Challenge starts at Skrill Premier Wrexham and a successful season see’s us just miss out on automatic promotion and have to settle for the playoff’s

87275f75-0b1e-447f-b260-d0312132d9a2_zps

We eventually lost 1-0 to Barnet in the final so didn’t get promoted.

Season 2

Wanting to climb rapidly up the leagues I was now keeping an eye out in the jobs section after 22 league games I was offered the position at Scunthorpe in League 2 (I left Wrexham in a good position in the Skrill premier top and 10 points clear)

b1f181d9-1d3e-4602-a154-a9e455287dcc_zps

Scunthorpe where sitting in 15th in the League but hopefully with a good run I could scrape into the play-offs

0c426613-165e-4dc1-af7a-76b12c0daf10_zps

We actually nearly made automatic promotion if I could of turned one of those draws into a win !

33ec243c-1380-4aef-bf4b-99af910d59fd_zps

This time we were successful in the play –offs but it took a penalty shoot out in the final.

858a49e8-e5ed-470a-8a62-2ecfb99f21ec_zps

Thanks for your support guys :)

Season 3

League 1 was tough I was finding it difficult to improve the Squad and again had to settle for a play-off place just scraping 6th in the league and we didn’t even make it to the final getting knocked out in the first stage by Crewe.

IMG_1261_zpsdbad7a62.png

Season 4

A bit of Squad strengthening saw us finish top of League one , I also attempted applying for other Jobs further up the League but to no avail, I still need to increase my rep before getting to the premier league.

IMG_1268_zpsc25a519c.png

Would you say that squad quality is preventing you from back to back promotions? As you do have a lot of jobs to complete, time is limited, so it would save a lot of time if you manage back to back promotions. I'd suggest spending a lot of time on scouting and finding the best players you can afford. I always look for players I think are ready for the league above where we are now, and I can tell you there will always be players out there that are willing to come, just need to spend more time on scouting.

I do spend quite a bit of time Scouting and apply the rule of trying to get players in that would be good enough for the division above , but they don't always want to come.

I know time is of the essence and seem to be doing okay in the championship at the moment.

Sunny - I noticed you where quick up the leagues and also won prem title very quickly , well done !

Season 5

After what I thought where some good acquisitions I was quite optimistic about the season ahead but it turned out to be a very inconsistent season with patches of good and bad form being the story of our season a really good run at the end of the season saw us just miss out on a play-off spot , needing to win at home in the last game of the season to guarantee it we were held to a draw by Blackpool while all the other teams around us won.

IMG_1272_zpsbee76529.png

I was keeping an eye on the job front as an alternative route to the premiership and low and behold

IMG_1273_zps3d4e9b97.png

Season 6

A good first season in the premiership see’s us narrowly missing out on 4th spot , losing 2-1 at Home to Man Utd in our final game of the season which allowed them to leap frog over us. Did okay in the Cups again Man Utd our nemesis knocking us out in the League Cup and FA Cup Semi Final.

Must be lowerest number of Goals I've ever scored in a season , think I need to adress my forwards and my tactics.

IMG_1281_zpsbcdf4ad0.png

IMG_1282_zpsed3c8ebb.png

Thanks for the support if only I could of improved on a top 5 finish

Season 7

See's Bolton going backwards (second season syndrome and the effects of Europe) I’m thinking this is going to be a failed attempt as although still lots of seasons to go the list is very long and a very poor season in the premiership sees me dropping down the pecking order in any attempts to get a job at a top club and start ticking things of the list.

I seem to have a real difficultly scoring goals at this level and also the number of times the oppositions goalkeeper plays a blinder seems to be on the increase, and finishing on negative goal difference is a bit of a rarity

So I finished 11th in the League very poor performance and no cup Joy , although we had a relatively decent Euro cup Campaign reaching the semi’s and getting knocked out 1-0 on aggregate by Ajax (the eventual winners) 

IMG_1294_zps4235a4bb.png

IMG_1295_zpsaa71ff37.png

Season 8

An improvement on the previous season as we finish a respectable 6th , not much joy in the cup’s although we did make it to the semi-final losing 1-0 to Man Utd. Still looking for one of the top Jobs but is proving difficult as I fail to win anything with Bolton

IMG_1296_zpsed529976.png

IMG_1297_zps2c9d5f19.png

Season 9

This season I was one game away from getting the sack as the Board started making comments like I should be performing better in my role as manager and the supporters actually had a protest on the back of a streak of losing 5 games in a row. A January Transfer window signing completely changed that as I finally got someone who could put the ball in the back of the net and I finally settled on a tactic that  got results even against the better teams.

As a result I secured 4th place and could look forward to champions league football, but once again no success in the cup's.

IMG_1299_zps6b8b53d8.png

IMG_1300_zps352187d8.png

Season 10

The team improved on the previous season finishing 3rd and once again securing Champions League football, once again we failed to win any silverware which is holding back my reputation and hence my attempt’s to get one of the Jobs in the challenge result in failure, this season Man City where my nemesis knocking us out out of both domestic cups and the Champions League.

IMG_1303_zps3cde65aa.png

IMG_1306_zpsd1d05df1.png

IMG_1305_zpsd1878617.png

Season 11

Finally Bolton deliver after being close in previous seasons winning the Champions league on Penalties against AC Milan.

IMG_1318_zpsfa6b9588.png

The League wasn’t so great with a 6th place finish

IMG_1319_zps9ccbb8be.png

The domestic cups performance wasn’t that great either

IMG_1320_zps05587705.png

Now with my profile as manager growing I was appointed manager of the Sweden national side .

IMG_1321_zps12a72e55.png

I decided now was the time to look for one of the top jobs and start drawing a line through some of the clubs on my list but just before I left I added to Bolton’s silverware adding the Euro Super Cup before leaving for pastures new.

IMG_1322_zpscd3e5c71.png

As well as a new club my adventure would take me to a new Country so it was off to Germany and Leverkusen.

IMG_1323_zpsbf16a72e.png

Season 12

First Season in my dual role as National and Club manager sees quite successful season.Our league form wasn’t the greatest but we managed 4th spot.

Our Euro Cup campaign was successful unbeaten in the group stage but eventually losing out in the final to Roma.

IMG_1340_zps8c98595d.png

IMG_1324_zps410c2250.png

Domestically we won the German Cup.

IMG_1341_zps4ce4b6be.png

IMG_1342_zps1d5088fe.png

Sweden had a very good start to their qualifying campaign for the 2026 world cup and after 7 games we were unbeaten and led the group on goal difference from France

IMG_1343_zps00847d51.png

As its 2026 there's no one I've heard of as the players I know now have retired, I seem to have a fairly good squad and my best players are mostly in their early 20's although my star striker is 31.

Season 13

Saw Leverkuesen get off to great start winning the German super cup (does this qualify as winning two trophies with one team ???)

IMG_1344_zpse4070093.png

Sweden had to settle for the runner’s up spot in qualifying after losing away to France and settle for a play-off spot.

IMG_1345_zpsae7378b0.png

Sweden where successful however in the play-offs with a comfortable win over Slovakia, world cup 2026 here we come !!!!!!

IMG_1355_zpse67f895b.png

Ok I’ll come back to the World cup ;)

Leverkuesen improved on their previous season with a very creditable 2nd place ,German cup saw us reach the semi and the Champions league saw us knocked out at the Quarter final stage so apart from the German super cup , no silverware this season.

IMG_1363_zps3eaf8444.png

IMG_1364_zpsc2c6cd9b.png

2026 World Cup

We were placed in a Group with England ,Australia and Canada so my thinking was as long as we could beat Australia and Canada we should progress to the knock out stages in the runner up spot but then this happened when we played England

IMG_1367_zps811965ed.png

Which enabled us to win our group.

IMG_1368_zpsda64825b.png

We progressed to the final beating Croatia,Mexico and needing extra time in the semi final to see off Argentina to set up a final against England, would they exact revenge for the earlier defeat in the group stage ?????

Sweden made things tough after they were reduced to 10men after 26min and we managed to take the game to penalties and this is were England came unstuck (sound familiar ;) )

IMG_1376_zpsdd08a2bb.png

Sweden win the world cup 

IMG_1377_zps0bf91b36.png