Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Technical Role

suckfwag

The ball winning midfielder has been alluding me in my career so far, after proving myself at Leicester I left for Madrid where I have a great transfer budget - but my midfielders are all attack minded / play-making style roles and I think i'm struggling because of a lack of ball winning mid. 

Now the issue I have is I cannot find one who is good quality, for the LIFE of me I have customised attributes attempting to find a ball winning mid who will fit into my squad without proving to be a weakness and have no luck.

Is the ball winning mid necessary at larger more successful clubs or are they simply more effective in lower leagues? 

Any advice on players/stats would be much appreciated.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong location, first post) 

A BWM or DLM is needed yes else you will be overrun in midfield and only attempt to win the ball back in your defence and not early on. What attributes are you using for the filters?

Players with a preferred role of BWM do seem rather rare, but there are lots of decent players who are described as Deep Lying Midfielders. While the roles are not exactly the same, I find that a DLM can normally play very effectively as a BWM.

Some players that you may want to look at are:

Relatively cheap but good

Tomas Rincon

Fernando Gago

Expensive but good

Paul Pogba

Marouane Fellaini

Hi guys, thanks both for quick response. 

Dec - thanks for your advice, I found the player roles thread shortly after posting this and discovered the correct atbts.  

Peely - thanks for advice! Pogba in a Madrid shirt soon I think. 

I think if you found a DLM with decent heading and tackling stat your can put him under Defensive IT and turn him into BWM. I've done it the other way around.

Sorry, couldn't disagree more here. I have 4 tactics I always can rely on defensively and non have a BWM / DLM. I more often than not have a player positioned in the DMC slot but always use a BBM with good defensive stats.

Allowing the defensive midfielder license to roam forward makes pressing higher up the pitch so much more effective. When you consistently win he ball in oppositions half you in turn create plenty of chances.