Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The best match you have ever witnessed!

Dmeister

Post them here :)

Mine was the Dutch Cup semi-final 2 years ago, AZ-Heracles

Sadly, i wasn't there to witness it(Although i did go to the finals , best day ever) But it was an amazing match!

AZ was (and is) a much better club then Heracles, and we went through a bit of a down that season, after finishing 8 and 6 in the 2 seasons before (best seasons ever) So we fans weren't going into the match expecting alot, although we did keep hope.

As expected, we were behind almost the entire match, with 2-1, but then a few minutes before the end we equalized, oh how ecstatic i was. But then I realized we still had the extra time to go through, and i wasn't exactly optimistic, but still hoping on a penalty shootout win.

It was then that we scored 2-3 in the extra time, i was shocked, absolutely shocked, staring there at my TV.

And a few moments later, it was 2-4, some small tears started flowing and i was yelling the entire neighbourhood out of their beds.

Here's a recap on that game, although a bit bad quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQ7HWzdKoA

Never forget.

Now you guys tell us your stories, it can be any club, not restricted to the one you support, just the best game you ever witnessed!

Stockport County 8-1 Cheadle Heath Nomads.

Utter domination ;)

We had one of those games last year.. Heracles 8-0 VVV Venlo

It had to be the first home game i missed in 5 years ;-;

CL Final 2005. Anyone disagrees they're lying :P

This one definitely stands out. I'm an Inter fan, so it goes without saying that I was furious at halftime when Milan was up 3-0. A great, great match.

Live:

LFC vs Middlesbrough - My second game at Anfield, a late deflected Carragher shot sealed a 3-2 win (if i remember correctly).

TV:

So many!

2005 CL final

LFC vs Madrid - 4-1

LFC vs Chelsea - CL SF or QF, 5-3 or something

2006 FA cup final

LFC vs United - 4-1

LFC vs United - 3-0

Man City 3-2 QPR has to be my favourite.

If we're talking live matches, I'd say the Scottish League Cup final where we beat Inverness on penalties. The moment was simply amazing.

Either the playoff final, or when we drew 2-2 at Hillsborough which saved us from relegation to League 1 and potential liquidation. :)

This one definitely stands out. I'm an Inter fan, so it goes without saying that I was furious at halftime when Milan was up 3-0. A great, great match.

Good choice my friend!

Mine would have to be Inter 3-2 Sampdoria, 2-0 down till 85th minute and Martins, Vieri and Recoba pulled it back for us to win, was in shock when I saw it aha

Steaua-Ajax from last season of UEFA Europa League when Steaua beat Ajax on penalty (after 2-0 loss on Amsterdam Arena).:wub:

And in the next round Steaua beat Chealsea (UCL Winners) in Bucharest.:D

Good choice my friend! Mine would have to be Inter 3-2 Sampdoria, 2-0 down till 85th minute and Martins, Vieri and Recoba pulled it back for us to win, was in shock when I saw it aha
Hadn't forgotten about that match, definitely one of the greatest comebacks I've witnessed in my life. ;)

CL 2005. I went to every Liverpool home match in the CL that season. In the kop for the ghost goal, same when Gerrard scored against Olympiakos (also a great match. I was sat right next to the cameraman and when it went in I nearly knocked him and his £250,000 camera all the way down to the pitch). Couldn't get to the final but it is still the greatest match I have ever seen.

The obvious choice for me would be champions league final 2005, but really my all time favourite game is Liverpool 4 - 3 Newcastle in 1996.

Even now when I watch it I get goose bumps when Collymore bangs in the winner in injury time.

Hull City 3-2 Watford in 2012. We were 2-1 down in the 88th minute but ppulled two back late on.

Best atmosphere would be a 0-0 draw with brighton away. We took 500 fans and e were louder than them ;) 2011

As far as biggest i have been to it would be the 2006 Eorld Cup Final in Berlin.

Italy beat France on penalties and it was Zidane's last game (sent off for that headbutt).

On TV the 3 that spring to mind is Man City being 0-2 down vs Gillingham with 2 minutes to play in the league 1 playoff final. 2 late goals and a penalty win later City win promotion to what is now the Championship. If not for that game we wouldn't have been in the Premiership at the right time for the mega bucks takeover.

Liver pools comeback against Milan has to rank up there for any true football fan. That game had everything!

Favourite ever?

Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!