Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Liking Posts - What is it and how to get them?

Dec

As you may have seen we have transitioned from a reputation to a like system.

What is it?

Likes are similar to Facebook. If you find something interesting or helpful then like it.

How do I do this?

Simply click the tick at the bottom of the post to the right side (full skin) or on the top of the post at the right (mobile skin).

Any rules?

Yes, we want to ensure only good things get liked so please refrain from liking every reply! You get only 10 likes per day so use them wisely for the best of the best.

How do I get likes?

The best way is to make content. Whether this be a guide, a tactic, a shortlist or a download making something that is helpful such as "How do install logos?".

Any questions?

Either PM a staff member or post in this topic :).

Always preferred the like system over the reputation for IPB forums, looks a lot more unique compared to the likes of vBulletin. Good job Dec.

Gonna give this a quick bump already - today alone I've seen likes used unnecessarily. Before pressing that button, ask yourself why you're liking it. We are not facebook.

I'm in another forum that uses the like system and the general rule of thumb there is that if you like a reply, you can 'like' it, be it some content post or a simple reply to someone or whatever.

That's great and all, but there's too many "witty" replies or comments being liked, and good content not getting the likes.

Another way to look at it, is to like a post if you found it useful or helpful.

That's great and all, but there's too many "witty" replies or comments being liked, and good content not getting the likes.

Another way to look at it, is to like a post if you found it useful or helpful.

It is incredibly random what gets liked and what doesn't. A little depressing when you spend ages on something and it doesn't get a single like, then you get one for a single line reply to someone else's post  :blink:

I need to remember i can like now off the mobile skin, i always forget still. Anyway the things that will get a like from me:

Content - If i enjoy the read or learn something you'll get a like.

Careers - I enjoy most reads and i won't give out a like for nothing but if you go that extra mile or achieve something i will give a one.

Helpful comments - I don't get to use this one much as i don't often ask for stuff but on the odd occasions i do a helpful reply will be liked.

Witty comments - It's something that frustrates me when i see a like given for a quick joke and i won't give one for it but i do enjoy a good laugh :P. It's basically been covered above but a joke shouldn't be liked when content isn't.

I think the problem here is content not being 'liked' and not jokes/witty comments being :)

For me it's very simple. If I like something, no matter what it is, I "like" it. 

Which reminds me, another use of "likes" we do in another forum. Imagine someone, lets say Peely, says something you agree with. Instead of making another reply saying you agree with what he said, you "like" his post. This is another way of saving useless replies.

I agree with you Grave, that why I don't agree with it being called a "like".

My personal choice (probably not available) is literally a button next to the sentence "did you find this helpful?" Which goes towards your reputation score. That would be hard to use out of context.

Bump.

Seriously guys, why does my content get FA but every single day I can see countless posts that are vaguely funny getting liked :(

Should I give up with FMH content and just spend my time here being witty instead?

Bump.

Seriously guys, why does my content get FA but every single day I can see countless posts that are vaguely funny getting liked :(

Should I give up with FMH content and just spend my time here being witty instead?

Lee, it shouldn't really matter, don't you think? Just pretend it isn't there. People like what they like. It's a lot easier to use a "like" if you like something, no matter what it is, than using it only for content, career posts, whatever.