2014 Guide to Stockport County on FMH 2014

GillSCFC1999

12 members have voted

1. 1. Was This Guide Helpful?

• Yes
    • No
    • I couldn't be bothered reading it
    • MAKE MORE!!!
  2. 2. What, if anything, could be improved?

• Detail
    • Pick a better team
    • Nothing
    • It could be more simple
    • It's difficult to read

gallery_26230_156_117586.png

Stockport County

Some Basic Club Information:

Nickname: The Hatters (Not Luton Town)

Founded: 1883

Colours: Blue, White, Gold

League: Conference North (Skrill Conference North to those on FMH)

Ground: Edgeley Park (13,000)

Current Manager in Real Life: Alan Lord

Chairman: Vacant

Notable Former Players: Adam Le Fondre, Rickie Lambert, Fraser Forster, John Ruddy, Anthony Pilkington, George Best, Brett Angell, Wayne Hennessey, Jamie Ward, Gary Dicker, etc...

Basic Info on FMH:

Colours: Dark Blue, Sky Blue, White

Nation: England

League: Skrill North

Predicted Finish: Win the League or Playoffs

First Season Difficulty: Easy

Stockport County Team on FMH Default Database - Release or February

Goalkeepers:

When you begin the game you normally have two goalkeepers, Ian Ormson and Ryan Jones. Both are poor but that shouldn't affect you too badly during the first season. Had the game had come out a few months earlier, then you would have Lewis King, who I believe is at Boston United on the February update. Your goalkeeper needs to be a presence in goal and that is something that Ormson and Jones both lack. Ormson, as far as I'm aware, is only 5' 8'', which means that he is easily chipped (See Below Video). 1896125519.jpg

Wing Backs:

Of the three full backs at Stockport on FMH, Scott Duxbury is by far the most underrated and has a PA of around 60. Stephen O'Halloran is a strong left back and centre half. Kyle Jacobs is the only real right back at the club and so lacks any real competition. I would suggest Adam Griffin as he is one of the best wing backs at that level and is also a former Stockport Player.

Centre Backs:

In the centre back role are three or four worthless centre halves. I would recommend selling Kieran Charnock and James Tunnicliffe immediately as they can end up causing unnecessary goals which can cost you matches. I would recommend buying any defender in the Skrill North

Wingers:

I'm going to put this one plain and simple, remove Adriano Moke from whichever squad you have. Iain Howard is a good crosser of the ball with 16 Crossing but Moke just lacks anything that a winger has other than pace. I feel sorry for the fact that his ratings make him seem OK but on the game and in real life, he is just a waste of that right hand side. I have no suggestions for this area as I don't sign wingers until I'm in League One

Centre Midfielder (AMC,MC,DMC):

In this role is one player who knows how to play a ball (see below video) and he is the strongest Centre Midfielder in the team. Nicky Platt is also strong and has a high level of assists every time I use him. Chris Churchman is a good young talent for the lower leagues but him and his hair don't progress much more than League Two

Strikers:

Right, now onto your goalscorers. For those of you who have the default database, there is Rhys Turner, a promising young talent who is now on the books at Oldham Athletic. I would recommend selling Kristian Dennis too as he lacks a goalscoring threat. Damien Reeves of Altrincham is a good replacement for these two as he it a prolific poacher at this level and above. Now, 'when you're looking for that little bit of quality, that little bit of class you just look across to your number 10'. Those were the words of manager Alan Lord when describing Phillip Jevons after his hattrick against Guiseley. He is a natural talent who was in the same youth teams as Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. He, unfortunately, retired at the end of this season so we won't see him on FMH 2015, which is a shame. So use him while you

have him.

Clips:

Below are a few clips from Stockport games that I'd just thought I'd share. Some emphasise my points too, especially on Jevons and Ormson. I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope you enjoy watching the clips. So goodbye for now, James

Jevons Hattrick and Ormson Mistake:

Jevons' Retirement:

Duxbury is so underrated on FMH:

More Jevons Masterclass and Defensive Errors:

Kyle Jacobs:

This post has been promoted to an article

Nice work, and done great info here. I'd have four of your ex players in my team (actually do have one), 5 if that George best is the Georgey Best.

Finally! I've been waiting for this since the moment you said you were a Stockport fanboy ;)

For me, Tunnicliffe and Charnock played quite well tbh. Won the league quite easily.

Anyway, great guide :)

Has anyone took the time to watch the clips? As it took me ages to get a hold of them as the club don't usually allow sharing on other sites. Luckily, I have a link at the club :)

Haven't watched them yet, now I know you put a lot of effort into getting them I will.

You've done the hatters, how about the hatters? :lol:

Nice work mate, the only thing i'd like more detail in is recommended signings, mainly due to be not knowing too much about that level though, great work though.

Tunnicliffe and Charnock and doing ok for me so far, also Liam Dickinson is still a Stockport player on the Feb 2014 database and has scored 30 goals in 34 apps on my game during season 1.