Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 AS Roma guide.Toppling Juventus from the top of the hill in your first reason.

For every Romanista,the only thing second to beating Lazio is winning the scudetto for De rossi at the expense of Rubentus.Here's how I've done it in three different saves without using the sugar daddy unlockable.

To start off,As Roma is in a bit of a financial difficulty,If you balance the books,you'll have less than 10 million to work with.Lucky for us the team is balanced in all areas so all you'll need is one transfer.

In your backline You've got Morgan De sanctis who is a great goalkeeper and one you can trust for at least two seasons,before you can get a replacement.I recommend offering Fabianski of Arsenal a contract in January 2014 so He'll join you on a free transfer or you can sign him from Arsenal for 1 million or less.

Your defense may not be the best in the world but in Serie A it's one you can trust,with Leandro Castan. and Mehdi Benatia regulars for the first season,with Tin Jedvaj with a lot of potential,Though Alessio Romagnoli may seem young,is not one necessarily with a future at the club,seeing he is a known slackerI would recommend selling him to Fiorentina:Now he's Vincenzo Montella's problem.

For your fullbacks,this is the weakest position in the team though manageable.Your rightbacks are Maicon and Torosodis.Maicon is ageing while Torosodis isn't good enough to pull off consistent performances.That should be the first position you replace,either immediately or the next season.I recommend Rafael from Man united as a replacement or Drja srna from Shakhtar.Srna could be bought immediately for between 7 to 10 million though you'll have stiff competition for his signature from united.

In leftback you have dodo and Balzaretti.Both aren't great but dodo given game time will develop into a wingback you'll love and respect,with his dribbling skills and superb crosses.You may buy Luke Shaw or Davide santon from Newcastle if you please,though personally I trust Dodo.

In defensive midfield you need not worry seeing you have Danielle whom you can trust as your Ball winning midfielder.Other options for this position are Bradley and you may retrain Kevin(Sooperman) strootman and play him as a deeplying playmaker.We all know Rudi Garcia and Louis Van Gaal rate him highly

In central midfield you have a lot of players with potential,but the stand out stars are Miralem pjanic and Kevin strootman,who have impressive passing abilities.Other option are the tireless Bradley and other Romanista Alesandro Florenzi

In attacking Midfield you have Miralem pjanic the obvious option and Adem Ljajic who has bucketfulls of creativity making him suitable to play this role.

For your flanks,the best player at your disposal is Gervinho who is sure to cover the right flank and you might consider playing Ljajic on the left flank until you sign another winger worthy of Wearing the yellow and red.I would highly recommend signing Nicolas Gaitan in the meantime until you get out of your financial difficulties and then go for Bernard or Eduardo salvio or Markovic.

Upfront you experienced players are too old with the good forward just about to hit their peak.You've got Francesco Totti,Borriello,Destro and Ljajic.Personally I prefer Ljajic and Destro.Ljajic Managed properly might turn out into one of the best in the world,with Destro a known Arch-poacher with a knack for winning penalties.Borriello is an awesome targetman if you're into search kind of football while totti is simply too old.I normally keep totti around for inspiration,to make sure Laziale and Rubentus don't get the better of me.

In general Roma is a strong team.problems you might find is,Adem Ljajic get overconfident too easily,so you might not always get the best out of your best player,but Destro is always there to bang in goals.

DISCLAIMER:This post is not fact,rather It's compiled based on experience after managing the most entertaining team in Italy for an excess of 20 seasons.

remember always:MY BLOOD IS RED I'M ROMANISTA TILL I'M DEAD