Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 PriZe doing the undoable: The unreachable 2000 goals!

PriZe

Out with a bang

Yes you read that correctly, I am going to attempt to achieve the 2kc on FMH14 which hasn’t been done this year on Vibe. This is going to be my personal farewell present to FMH 14 and hopefully a step up to a bit of a status challenge wise on Vibe :)

But wait, you said farewell? Yeah this is going to be a slow career (no jokes about my other careers regarding updates :rolleyes:  ) plus it takes a will to get to 2k, so this will be my wave off to FM 14.

Background

Most of you have read last years attempts by Lewiitom (Tom's 2000 Goal challenge)  and Ashez (how the Two thousand goal challenge should be done) both managing to score 2kc In FMH 13. Magnificent achievement of both guys and a read I recommend!

This year FMH 14 has proven itself as a whole different game compared to FMH 13, I’m not going into if the match engine is broken or the game is more realistic, but is definitely harder to score this year. So far I haven’t seen any attempts posted, and I can understand why, because 2kc seems to be unachievable in FMH 2014.

Discussing and moaning to Ashez ( sorry Ashez :D ) about coming up with a new fun challenge to spend time on until FMH 15, we discussed some ideas we had or had dismissed. One of mine was doing 2kc on FMH 2014.

To score 2k is hard:

2000 / 20 = 100
/ 19 = 106
/ 18 = 112
/ 17 = 118
/ 16 = 125
/ 15 = 134
/ 14 = 143
/ 13 = 154

As you can see, it ain’t a walk in the park, and then you have to take in too consideration, injuries, International, age, league. These basic facts did put me off at first, and got me seriously wondering if this was an idea worth pursuing or not. I decided against my better judgement to invest some time in finding the right league, club and player.

League of choice

To see if I had a chance to pull it off, I first had to find a league and a club with a nice budget to:

A: Be interesting enough for a player to join

B: The league had to be easy enough to score loads of goals

C: have enough money for the player.

In last years addition, you have seen the 2kc being achieved by transferring a player over several leagues (Holland, Spain) and in Brazil. Next too those Portugal Is also always a good league if you want easy goals. So after looking at the leagues my first try was in Portugal.

Over several test saves I managed to get between 70 – 90 goals in the first few seasons playing as Porto. Since you all can do the math, you will all know this won’t be my league of choice.

I moved on to the Netherlands to try it with Ajax. Same results here as in Portugal so no go as well.

This led me to one conclusion, I need to give this a try in the dreaded Brazil league.

Now most of you might think, Brazil, easy and fun! Because in you first few games you will kick the crap out of the opposition. Depending on how you perform you will have to play over 70 games a season, so you almost play 2 seasons in 1. Next to that, you have a state championship and a First division you will play in, which is quite different to the state championship.

But hey, if I was going to give this a try, Brazil would be my only option of even getting anywhere near 2000 goals :) .

So league of choice: 

Brazil first division.

Club

After deciding which league I was going to try this in, the club for me was a no brainer. Sao Paulo somehow has always appeled to me and with the little Striker wonderboy Ewandro I had someone I could groom, and get a lot of cash for in later seasons. Bonus was a great AMC at the start with Ganso in the starting eleven.

So club of choice:

logotipo_sao_paulo.jpg

Tactics

The state championship up to the play-offs is a breeze, so a good attacking formation will get some decent goals for the striker. The Copa Libertadores and Brazil First division is a lot harder. At the start the squad won’t be that good, and I need the games for goals so I decided to use two tactics.

This is the only time I will discuss my tactics in this topic. Since both of them are published you can always ask for info in that topic.

The goal scoring tactic - The Black Pearl

roles.png

For first part of the season and against weaker opponents I use my Black Pearl tactic, with a small change, I start with both WNG instead of INF. If I am in need of a goal I switch them to INF

In case of emergency break glass, The HeBe 2.0

foto_1.png

This tactic has always provide me the necessary wins against tougher opponents and I use this in case I really need to win a game. Only change I made  instead of CM an AMC behind the strikers.

The player of Choice

Finding the right league is a thing… but finding the right player is even harder. I needed someone how:

- Is young enough that he can play 20 seasons

- Can grow in the years and peak when I have built the team with limited budget

- Is able to play at least 70 games a season

- Is aggressive enough so he goes for his goals instead of assisting

- Can head and shoot

In my test saves I tried Zivkovic, Batshuayi, Martial, Depay. They all had their pro’s and con’s and it was visible in the test saves. But a handy pointer in a PM made a bit easier for me to narrow down a player.

Due to the league starting in January, I would get bothered by World Cups and European championships and South American competitions. I decided that the goals I could get with International management wouldn’t be enough. So that left me with two options, either it would be a German or an African player. This would reduce the impact of other competitions on playing time for myself.

So who is my player of choice?

Jean-Marie Dongou

1332709177293.jpg

He is young enough to be able to achieve 20 years if everything goes well, has pretty good heading stats and shooting as well. Next to that he is African and strong at the start of the game!

Closing statement

As said this will be a slow career, I have my double Trouble and Seedorf Challenge left to post, so don’t expect a weekly update. On the other hand I can tell you in my own opinion this will be a career you want to follow, you might be able to laugh at my epic failure, or congratulate me on achieving an almost undoable challenge. But most important, I need the support from Vibe. This will be a hell of a task and seasons will be long. Your comments always help to boost up my moral.

Last but not least, thanks for reading and stay tuned for the first update!

Cheers PriZe

The Don season 1:

Welcome to the first season of what I hope will be a long road to glory for the Don! First time ever for me in the Brazil league next to my test save. Although season are long, there is loads of silverware to win!  :D 

Transfers:

qT8SuyW.jpg7VzpEFb.jpgiofj0sz.jpg

Although having a nice squad for the State championship, the squad wasn’t good enough too compete on every front. Splashing all the transfer money I had on buying Dongou :wub: , I had to go crazy on loans. Thankfully I could loan some quality players! ^_^ 

Season review 2014:

Sao Paulo State Championship:

JOZzmQ8.jpg

Now I know the State is easy, but finishing first in the league with 121 goals, 0 loses and just one draw in 19 games did put a smile on my face :lol: 

38DFmAs.jpg

We went straight to the finals, already getting a taste of what the Brazil first division would be like, but in the end over 2 games we just won against Santos! :lol: 

Recopa:

VWFyazO.jpg

3 goals by the Don and dominating in the first leg made it next to impossible for Corinthians to get back at us in the 2nd leg. :cool: 

NwsqYv3.jpg

A draw, would have been nice to see some goals but the Don got some well deserved rest.

Copa Libertadores:

WIEWvVg.jpg

Switching between tactics to get through the group phase brought us to the finals. The Copa is pretty damn hard I can tell ya. Luckly Quintero (Ashez his gem) opened the score for us with the Don securing the win!

Copa Sudamericana:

Too be honest I totally forgot this cup. And too be totally honest I don’t really know what the point is of having this cup because it feels like a stripped Copa Libertadores :unsure: 

JJuHEJ5.jpg

First leg was a close one :mellow: 

ktk6QFP.jpg

So I decide to switch tactics and we dominated, resulting in a nice 4-1 overall win :cool: 

Brazil first division

xeir4et.jpg

As you can see, more games, and some pretty good competitors, but thanks to loanee’s and the Don we ended up with a comfortable first year win of the National Division

But wait! The Club World Championship

YwrqvZp.jpg

Oh no.. time to really test the squad! :unsure: 

HVJ5XpF.jpg

WOOHOO yeah baby :D  :D ! In my excitement I forgot to take a screenshot of the win :huh: . But it was a 3-2 win!

atZZ03O.jpg

We beat Barcelona and we get a lousy € 275K? :O 

The team: 

Assists:

Ia6A3g7.jpg

Oxlade was a beast, and Ganso was doing very nicely

Goals:

kKcfJKR.jpg

A whooping 110 goals in his first season (took screen before CWC) :) 

The coach:

ngMbzYN.jpg

PYCvnjz.jpg

Not bad for a first season :cool: 

The Don:

JxAADp6.jpgjIL8k9l.jpg

What a beast and what a performance in his first year :lol: 

The 2kc objective:

Played: 72

Scored: 110

Remaining: 1.890

Closing statement:

After a brilliant first season the Don is proving to be a beast. If he can continue to improve and stay happy at Sao Paulo, we might have a fighting chance! All depends on the next few seasons, building up a quality squad and improving on the goal department. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave a comment as mental support for the coach :rolleyes: 

Cheers PriZe

The magic of Brazil! Well done mate :)

Thanks mate!

Great start and good luck playing in Brazil :D

Thanks mate!

Well done mate, you should also have a good transfer kitty for next season

Hope so, i need the money to keep Dongou, and in my experience after 3 years it's hard to find decent loans

I feel deppressed that I scrape 100 in Brazil :,(

Good season and a great start for the 2k challenge :D

Sorry mate don't want to depress you ;) thanks for the comment

Great first season. The biggest challenge is going to be managing in Brazil for 15-20 years without going insane :D

Has anyone else noticed that you can't be in the Brazilian Cup. If so why is that ? :)

Until recently, teams that were in the Copa Libertadores didn't play in the Brazilian Cup because it would have caused fixture congestion chaos. From the 2013 season teams in the Copa Libertadores should enter the Brazilian Cup in the round of 16, but presumably this isn't modeled in FMH.

Great first season. The biggest challenge is going to be managing in Brazil for 15-20 years without going insane :D

Has anyone else noticed that you can't be in the Brazilian Cup. If so why is that ? :)

Until recently, teams that were in the Copa Libertadores didn't play in the Brazilian Cup because it would have caused fixture congestion chaos. From the 2013 season teams in the Copa Libertadores should enter the Brazilian Cup in the round of 16, but presumably this isn't modeled in FMH.

There's already quite a bit of fixture congestion in Brazil :P

Yes, it's crazy at the best of times and isn't helped by the fact that they don't adjust fixtures to fit around internationals:

FL2ni.png

Not what you want to see on the day of the Copa Libertadores final :(

Good start :)

Also, I didn't know you could be in the Libertadores and Sudamericana in the same season.

Well games wise for the challenge it was a nice surprise :) thanks for the comment

Yes, it's crazy at the best of times and isn't helped by the fact that they don't adjust fixtures to fit around internationals:

FL2ni.png

Not what you want to see on the day of the Copa Libertadores final :(

Lol yeah had this as well in the first season. Only dongou was left haha. But all in all i find it a fun league to play in. Don't know if that will be the case 10 seasons down the road :)

The Don season 2:

Last year was an epic first season :) , winning all the silverware we could win, this proofed to be a brilliant start. One problem though, the squad was relying heavily on loaned players… :blink: 

Transfers:

Win7W99.jpg

pRofcfJ.jpg

OSVeKaD.jpg

You would expect that you will get a nice bag of money after such and epic season. Well think again. <_< With some selling and playing with the wage budget I had just over 25 million. I decided that since goals come early in the season, I needed too strengthen my attack, so hello Depay and Stanciu :) ! Signing Muniain on free was just a dream coming true!  Rest of the squad was filled up again with loaned players.

Season review 2015:

E4gL6XM.jpg

The squad lacked some quality compared too the first season and it was showing. Points wise, we just had 2 points less that previous season, goals wise an astonishing difference off 28 goals.

7KQRxjB.jpg

Although overall performance was less, we again went straight to the finals. Santos got the rematch they wanted, but we kicked them even harder!

Recopa:

wkUew50.jpg

The team rised above it self after a close first leg match and did the work at home trashing Boca with 6 too 1. :lol: 

Copa Libertadores:

WkXkTBf.jpg

After drawing at Corinthians, we had to finish it at home, and although dominating last years Sao Paulo player Pato killed our dreams. :( 

Copa Sudamericana:

H55OhW3.jpg

The Don giving his business card! :cool: 

W46Em1J.jpg

Which he luckily did because the second leg was a feast off missed chances! But in the end we could party and enjoy the second Copa Sudamericana victory! :) 

Brazil first division

feYU2Dt.jpg

A drop in performance in the State, an increase in performance in the First Division. Improving on the goal and point side I was happy to see we went on to an easy win of the league :D 

Game of the year:

X4S28nH.jpg

Sweet :cool:

World player of the year:

0BMlPsa.jpg

yeah baby, hope he stays under the radar of the big clubs though :unsure:

The team: 

Assists:

HutDCRX.jpg

New boy Stanciu showing he is worth al of his 8 million transfer fee :D 

Goals:

LBcax3h.jpg

Woohoo 127 goals yeah baby! :lol: 

The Don:

LM0K9vA.jpg

RoQ8JFi.jpg

Some points up some points down, but what a beast and not even peaking! Involved with 139 goals  :wub: 

The 2kc objective:

Played: 145

Scored: 237

Remaining: 1.763

Closing statement:

As said last season, all depends on the next few seasons, building up a quality squad and improving on the goal department. This year we managed to add some quality players too support the Don, and that will me the main goal for next season as well. Sad too miss out on the CWC and the Copa this year, but am hoping to win them next year! :) 

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave a comment as mental support for the coach :blush: 

Cheers PriZe

Ps: any tips on how too improve my transfer budget quickly? :blush: 

I have seen a few optimistic people try and pull this off but their updates never really got going. However, you are giving this challenge a good run and I respect you for that. :)

I have seen a few optimistic people try and pull this off but their updates never really got going. However, you are giving this challenge a good run and I respect you for that. :)

Thanks mate, that really means a lot for me! This is what keeps me motivated. I hope i can repay the support from you guys with succeeding!

you are in brazil, so you are earning much compared to other brazilian teams.

you are in brazil, so you are earning much compared to other brazilian teams, nice season btwn.

you are in brazil, so you are earning much compared to other brazilian teams, nice season btwn.

Storming it :D, he can only get better!!

Thanks mate! :) bit worried bout building a good squad with just 10 mil transfer budget each season :(

To get a better transfer budget, turn all your money into wage before you enter a new season. The game only adds transfer budget, and that overrules anything you already have, so turn it into wage and then turn it back after the new season begins :D

Great season :D The only issue I can see here is lack of motivation or Dongou refusing to sign a new contract. What leagues do you have loaded?

The Don season 3:

We missed out on the CWC and the Copa so we need to make up for that this season. Are you up for a great 3rd season with the Don? Let’s see if we can go for a clean sweep!

Transfers:

sUmGhNM.jpg

OGpaBW3.jpg

xPIwlev.jpg

Since the transfer budget is short to non existing, I had to resort to selling players. So out goes Ewandro and in comes Koke. Yeah Ashez I’ve bought your man! :D Rest are some additions for the future or future sell to raise money.

Season review 2016:

NtPyLBD.jpg

Meh <_< finishing second in the state with 3 points difference. Ouch.. ah well, where still trough too the playoffs!

9N31NQc.jpg

Domination! :lol: 

8dkCWDU.jpg

And a first half show by The Don gets us the first silverware of the season! :lol: 

Recopa:

SQNnart.jpg

Once again we meet Corinthians and we are proofing to be an nightmare for them :D 

r7eEYf1.jpg

A close an unnecessary draw, but silverware two is in the pocket!

Copa Libertadores:

Qkk7FKx.jpg

Close, way too close. We have a subscription on close games, but as long as we win, I don’t mind

Copa Sudamericana:

si3cBM2.jpg

Could have gone either way -_- 

jaEEMYb.jpg

But after a stern talking to the team the Don fixed it once again! :) 

Brazil first division

A6AYM7b.jpg

Good performance with Corinthians drawing the short end this season once again! :lol: 

Club World Championship:

SSdIwBA.jpg

h1hCqq2.jpg

1V8wgOv.jpg

Oh yeah ^_^ 

The team: 

Assists:

zDW87RC.jpg

Depay and Stanciu owning it :cool: 

Goals:

tiTJJcB.jpg

Woohoo 134 goals yeah baby! :D 

The coach:

RRCTeqO.jpg

IsFiykT.jpg

uvS8zvs.jpg

The Don:

Gr12KGj.jpg

vV0JiKW.jpg

Never thought he could turn in too this :O  :D 

World Player of the year:

rFnx1CQ.jpg

Well deserved :) 

The 2kc objective:

Played: 225

Scored: 371

Remaining: 1.629

Closing statement:

Great season and The Don keeps improving, first 3 seasons have been amazing and i'm getting nervous now. It almost feels too good to be true. But hope he keeps it up!

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave a comment as mental support for the coach :rolleyes: 

Cheers PriZe